Television for Children

Old April 14th 08, 08:21 PM posted to misc.kids
FinnFactory

Default Television for Children

What do you let your kids watch - around the age of 3-5 years old? My
kid is a bit older than 2 years and we usually restrict her to
watching videos or pre-taped shows. Moving past 2 years, what do you
usually let them watch? honestly..
Old April 14th 08, 08:30 PM posted to misc.kids
romaworld.ro

Default "We're no different than the rest"

Damian Draghici was born in a Roma family with a musical heritage of
five generations. He left Romania before '89 and has a musical career
of more than two decades old. A magna cum laude gratuate of the
prestigious Berklee Music College of the United States, he played,
over the years, alongside great musicians of the world, as well as the
London Symphonic Orchestra. He`s the winner of a Grammy award and
released 17 albums. Back in Romania, he set up the "Damian &
Brothers.

www.romaworld.ro section English
Old April 14th 08, 08:37 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

"FinnFactory" wrote in message
What do you let your kids watch - around the age of 3-5 years old? My
kid is a bit older than 2 years and we usually restrict her to
watching videos or pre-taped shows. Moving past 2 years, what do you
usually let them watch? honestly..

Honestly? We don't have a TV. The girls (7 1/2 yrs and 4 1/2 yrs) sometimes
watch DVD's on the computer, but it's kept as a treat.
Debbie

Old April 14th 08, 09:08 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

On Apr 14, 2:21 pm, FinnFactory wrote:
What do you let your kids watch - around the age of 3-5 years old? My
kid is a bit older than 2 years and we usually restrict her to
watching videos or pre-taped shows. Moving past 2 years, what do you
usually let them watch? honestly..

My kids are the same age range. They don't watch TV on week days. On
weekends we're home usually in the afternoon. They watch little bear
or Franklin for an hour. If none of us is busy we'll sit down and
watch cooking shows on PBS (not the Food Network mind you, PBS cooking
shows are much better). I also like to watch HGTV with them. They make
comments on how easy it is to make some dish or paint a room. About 4
hours total of TV time per week.

So far I can count the number of times they watched a DVD movie.
Commercials don't bother me. I also talk to them about how what you
see is not really what you get in the advertisements.
Old April 14th 08, 10:47 PM posted to misc.kids
Beth Kevles

Hi --

When our boys were in the 3-5 year range, they didn't watch a huge
amount, but what they did watch was:

- videos of our choosing
- shows on Nick Jr. at first, later on shows on PBS Kids. (The PBS
shows are aimed at slightly older kids than the Nick Jr. shows.)

It was several years before our kids realized that other channels even
existed!

Some favorites included Reading Rainbow, Magic Schoolbus and Thomas the
Tank. They had other favorites as well, but this is 5-7 years ago, so
even if I could remember there would probably be new shows on by now.

I hope these thoughts help,
--Beth Kevles
-THE-COM-HERE

NOTE: No email is read at my MIT address. Use the GMAIL one if you would
like me to reply.
Old April 14th 08, 11:04 PM posted to misc.kids
Clisby[_2_]

FinnFactory wrote:
What do you let your kids watch - around the age of 3-5 years old? My
kid is a bit older than 2 years and we usually restrict her to
watching videos or pre-taped shows. Moving past 2 years, what do you
usually let them watch? honestly..

My kids are 6 and almost 12. We don't have a TV. We occasionally get
DVDs from the library and watch them on one of the computers.

Both of mine use the computer. The 6-year-old is a big fan of
nickjr.com, and my daughter likes neopets.com, among others. They both
like youtube.

Clisby
Old April 15th 08, 12:03 AM posted to misc.kids
enigma

FinnFactory wrote in

ups.com:

What do you let your kids watch - around the age of 3-5
years old? My kid is a bit older than 2 years and we
usually restrict her to watching videos or pre-taped shows.
Moving past 2 years, what do you usually let them watch?
honestly..

science channel

--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there
Old April 15th 08, 01:24 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

"FinnFactory" wrote in message
What do you let your kids watch - around the age of 3-5 years old? My
kid is a bit older than 2 years and we usually restrict her to
watching videos or pre-taped shows. Moving past 2 years, what do you
usually let them watch? honestly..

DS used to love The Wiggles. DD didn't like that too much. She liked
Teletubbies and Barney. They both liked Dora.

Though you're getting more responses from people whose children don't watch
tv, I don't think that's the norm. I don't see harm in tv, as long as it's
not excessive, and I much preferred the channels that limit commercials when
they are younger.

Old April 15th 08, 01:35 AM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler

My 3 yr old watches some things on PBS Kids and some videos/DVDs. She's
watching more than normal right now because she's trying to give up her nap,
and has a hard time settling down and relaxing , and watching a piece of a
Disney movie or a Dragon Tales episode that we taped earlier will usually
get her to settle down and often sleep for 45 minutes or so-then be in a
good mood the rest of the night, while just trying to get her to lie down in
her room and take a nap leads to a cranky, upset child.

She will sometimes watch the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet with me,
too.

Old April 15th 08, 01:47 AM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

FinnFactory wrote in

ups.com:

What do you let your kids watch - around the age of 3-5
years old?

I'm trying to remember. When we lived in Norfolk, I know we had a TV
in the bedroom (b&w). We got a color TV in California, but again I
don't remember watching TV being something that we did much. When we
moved to Key West they were 5 and 3. Most of the time they were
playing outside. I do remember watching the Mexico City Olympics, and
also the Rocky and Bullwinkle shows.

We didn't have cable or sat-TV back then of course. It was all
broadcast channels. Also no CDs and I don't then we had video tapes
either.

television himana Pregnancy 0 December 24th 07 01:21 AM
television usha Breastfeeding 0 December 23rd 07 05:44 PM
television add himana Twins & Triplets 0 December 18th 07 10:25 AM
Television program on Duggar family (16 children) to be rebroadcast Kent Pregnancy 0 November 5th 05 04:01 AM