new here!!

Old July 6th 03, 06:51 PM
dolores

Default new here!!

"Cele" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:20:08 +0100, "dolores" wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
On 27 Jun 2003 03:17:05 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:

I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just

running
together....

Whatever.

Just another example of someone trying to get a little support, and

you
responding with a nasty comment. Do you know how to be kind? Is your

life
really that bad?

Kirsten, if it was, would this response make it better, and more
likely she'd be helpful, or worse?

Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
who people are before you post. Learn a little about them, what they
face, what they've been through, what they've done about it. People
here are mostly pretty decent people, but everyone's got a story,
y'know. I expect you do too. In a big room full of people you didn't
know, you'd probably get to know 'em a bit before getting into the
heavy talking, right? You'd wait to see how the land lay, who might
have some shared experiences, stuff like that. You probably wouldn't
vent straight off....at least, I don't suppose most people would.
It's not so very different here.

If you've got some things you want to talk about with respect to
single parenting, why not start a new thread, toss out some thoughts
(but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff), and see what kind of
response you get to that? Most people can separate from a flame war
and cut to the chase. I'd certainly respond to posts like that with my
best efforts at support, and so, I think, would lots of other people.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.

Cele

THAT has got to be one of the most patronising posts I've ever
read.......and I've been on the group about 5 years I think (absences
excluded).

Okay, now I'm starting to get it. Dolores, I was posting to
***Kirsten***, not to Maureen, as I clearly state above. My post was
responded to my post with one that gave no indication of finding my
comments patronising, and some indication that she'd found them
helpful.

HERE is my response to Maureen:

I actually took the time to read the post and appreciate that not

everyone
is endowed with good grammer. The original poster may well be
dislexic....we dont know. Did any of ye think to ask.....doubt it!! (Mind
you, it is a long thread and havent read them all.......so I am open to
being corrected....this time)

I read and responded to the original post, as cited.

On reading the post I think it's genuine and the poor girl is having a

bad
time. Well she must be....to come out with a statement that she is a bad
mother......I was there once.....I thought *I* was a bad mother.....so I
know how it feels......Unfortuantely I wasn't lucky enough to have family
nearby or ASSP.

Jesus!!....Some of ye that have joined this group are real arrogant
arseholes! Just my 2cents!

I think you might need to get some change....

[g]

Cele

LMAO

Would that be cheque or cash?

Dolores

Old July 6th 03, 08:18 PM
Lisa aka Surfer

"dolores" wrote in message

.......This new bunch.....are too uptight
than is healthy....one or two excepted of course......mind you!!.....I

have
to make allowances though.......they're American....teehee )

Dolores

LOL,,,I know, eh?

Lisa

Old July 5th 04, 02:00 PM
Kelly

Welcome

The most important thing about single parenting (or any parenting) is to
do the best you can. Be kind and patient with you and your children.
Most often we are easier on them than ourselves.

Your children will be OK. Because of you and in spite of you.

Single mom for 15 years

I top post, because to me that is the order.

Cele wrote:

On 27 Jun 2003 04:30:24 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:

I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running

together....

Whatever.

What would the purpose of this comment be? Trying to be helpful in her
sentence structure? Didn't think so.

Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.

Cele

Old July 7th 04, 03:31 AM

"Kelly" wrote in message
Welcome

The most important thing about single parenting (or any parenting) is to do
the best you can. Be kind and patient with you and your children. Most often
we are easier on them than ourselves.

Your children will be OK. Because of you and in spite of you.

Single mom for 15 years

I top post, because to me that is the order.

snip all the other posting ...

But top posting is just plain wrong.
Dammit you people!!!!!!

Old July 7th 04, 08:34 AM
xkatx

"V" wrote in message

"Kelly" wrote in message
Welcome

The most important thing about single parenting (or any parenting) is to

do
the best you can. Be kind and patient with you and your children. Most

often
we are easier on them than ourselves.

Your children will be OK. Because of you and in spite of you.

Single mom for 15 years

I top post, because to me that is the order.

snip all the other posting ...

But top posting is just plain wrong.
Dammit you people!!!!!!

READ THE SIG, PEOPLE!
It says it all, really, and it's true.
Seriously, Kelly, top-posting may be something that you do for whatever
reasons, but for some of us, it really does make it hard to follow. I know
I, for one, have some troubles following threads for a few reasons, and when
they start getting longer and full of those damned all over the world,
it really can be a challenge to follow and focus on. I guess, if all else
fails, there's always the lovely killfile, but seriously, could you mind the
top-posting?

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?