Defense against Child Support Non-payment claims

Old May 11th 07, 05:17 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

Default Defense against Child Support Non-payment claims

"Laura" wrote in message

What if he could get a police officer to listen in on his convo with
her? That would be proof.
I can't imagine how a woman can be so vile and vindictive even to an ex
husband and make him pay $1000's on top of $1000's he doesn't owe! Don't
people have a conscience???
If I was a child in that situation and I found out my mother did that to
my father, she would be dirt under my shoes!

The motive - greed.

The psychological factor - A woman's concern about her financial future.

The children's response - The worst reaction comes from daughters who
eventually realize how their dad's got hosed by their mothers. I hate to
admit this but - sons are convinced by their mom's that paying money is
their responsibility - and they accept it as normal.

Old May 11th 07, 06:24 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Has he been paying anything since 2001?

yes, has been making all necessary payments.

If so, why is this arrearage showing up now?

I believe the reason it's an issue now is that the 'child' will turn
18 soon and they are just trying to milk him for everything they can.

Old May 11th 07, 06:58 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

wrote in

If so, why is this arrearage showing up now?

I believe the reason it's an issue now is that the 'child' will turn
18 soon and they are just trying to milk him for everything they can.

Collection of CS payments can only accumulate from the time the mother files
a case.

If she only filed in 2001, that's all she gets as the rest is not
retroactive.

What does the court order say to pay?

Old May 11th 07, 08:32 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Collection of CS payments can only accumulate from the time the mother files
a case.

As far as I know the ex never filed a complaint.

If she only filed in 2001, that's all she gets as the rest is not
retroactive.

What does the court order say to pay?

Right now there is no court order. He received a letter from Child
Support, apparently the ex never reported receiving the payments, and
Child Support is saying he has to pay about $50,000. (the amount she
never reported plus interest). right now, he is trying to resolve
this mess. As far as I know the ex never filed a complaint.

Does the ex have to file a complaint in order for them to garnish his
wages or take him to court?

Old May 11th 07, 09:35 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"DB" wrote

wrote in

If so, why is this arrearage showing up now?

I believe the reason it's an issue now is that the 'child' will turn
18 soon and they are just trying to milk him for everything they can.

Collection of CS payments can only accumulate from the time the mother
files a case.

==
Untrue, DB. In some jurisdictions, support can be ordered to the birth of
the child, the
date of separation of the family or any other point in time the
legislature/judge deems fit.

Old May 11th 07, 10:07 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Gini" wrote in

Collection of CS payments can only accumulate from the time the mother
files a case.

==
Untrue, DB. In some jurisdictions, support can be ordered to the birth of
the child,

IN Michigan, this is only true for children under the age of 6, all other
cases start collections from the date a case is filed.

Something is missing in this case, a court order for a set amount of CS ?