Dinner

Old February 27th 10, 12:30 PM posted to misc.kids
dr_jeff

Default Dinner

From the New York Times:
http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2...pagemode=print

Seems like reasonable rules to me.

Jeff
Old February 27th 10, 01:16 PM posted to misc.kids
betsy

dr_jeff wrote:
From the New York Times:
http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2...pagemode=print

Seems like reasonable rules to me.

Jeff

In order to actually have a family meal, I would at least add,

"Children who choose not to eat the meal provided must sit pleasantly at
the table with the family until excused."

If children have to sit at the table with food in front of them while
they are hungry, they are likely to begin eating it at some point.

--Betsy
Old March 5th 11, 07:39 AM
cube12ic cube12ic is offline
Junior Member

This is very nice and informative post and i visit your give link there is very useful information. I hope in future you share more useful information.
__________________
recepti.hr
Old March 11th 11, 09:52 PM
pha12ge pha12ge is offline
Banned

Dinner used to be the name of the main meal of the day. Depending upon culture, this may now be the second, third or fourth meal of the day.[1] but, originally, it referred to the first meal of the day, eaten about noon, and is still occasionally used in this fashion if it refers to a large or main meal.
Old March 13th 11, 11:19 AM
mort03crow mort03crow is offline
Banned

Having dinner very necessary daily for our health
we should do daily dinner
Old March 16th 11, 10:35 AM
nou99hid nou99hid is offline
Banned

i think we should force our children to have meal or dinner must
it is best for their health
Old March 23rd 11, 08:49 AM
Mark_ferguson77 Mark_ferguson77 is offline
Banned

I think that we should adopt some nice & polite skills to let the children finish their dinner at time.
Old March 26th 11, 09:33 AM
azizitehram azizitehram is offline
Banned

i think we should force our children to have meal or dinner must at time
it is best for their health
Old March 29th 11, 07:24 AM
albert.macintosh albert.macintosh is offline
Junior Member

I think we should deal with the children with a lot of tact to let them eat their dinner at time.
__________________
fico score
netflix
Old March 30th 11, 04:46 AM
Dennis and kids Dennis and kids is offline
Banned

Location: San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_jeff View Post
From the New York Times:
http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2...pagemode=print

Seems like reasonable rules to me.

Jeff
Pretty reasonable rules. In our family, we subscribe to everyone being present at dinner as much as possible.
We also put a cut-off time to dinner, so if you are way late...too bad.

Ideas for birthday dinner? Kat General 6 October 20th 08 05:39 PM
Dinner! xkatx Single Parents 7 September 27th 06 01:27 AM
CTTD: Tonight I cooked dinner... dkhedmo General 3 November 14th 05 12:05 PM
Does your preschooler sit at the dinner table with the family? Robyn Kozierok General (moderated) 17 May 13th 05 06:43 AM
"Project invites families to dinner" Mike General 0 September 4th 03 02:09 PM