clomid info

Old September 8th 07, 04:02 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default clomid info

I do realize how blessed and lucky I am to have had a complication free
pregnancy and delivery - at term. I was a nervous wreck worrying about all
the risks. I'd rather do them one at a time but I'm having a blast now
that they are here and the scary part is over.

I don't know how true it is, but midwives I respect and who are
experienced in twin births have said that the risks for spontaneous
fraternal twins are vastly reduced compared to the overall risk for
fraternal twins and that they almost always get to at least 37 weeks,
though have a slightly higher underlying c-section rate. All of the
hoards of spontaneous fraternal twins in my husbands family have been
term, as far as I can recall, so have the ones on this group.
Spontaneous identical twins seem to be a bit trickier.

A lot of people do say twins are easier once they get older, I have a
friend with 7yr old twins and a 2yr old, she says at this stage the
twins were so much easier than the singleton.

Cheers
Anne

Old September 8th 07, 04:23 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jodi B

Nikki wrote:
I do realize how blessed and lucky I am to have had a complication
free pregnancy and delivery - at term. I was a nervous wreck
worrying about all the risks. I'd rather do them one at a time but
I'm having a blast now that they are here and the scary part is over.

Then Jamie wrote:
I didn't think she was negative at all. Honest. She has had a much
harder time of it than you have, both during pregnancy, delivery, and
with parenting. You were lucky enough to have an easy pregnancy, but
you also had older children, so you had a better idea of what to
expect, and a better mindset to begin with.

I don't want to discount her experience in anyway, it sounds like she had
to make a lot of difficult choices. I've only experienced one uneventful
pregnancy of a singleton so far.

However, I will say that I have a hard time reading stories like hers, where
a constant theme is "nobody told me _____," especially in the realm of IF
or prenatal care. I say that as someone who was a patient of an IF clinic
which cared not one iota if I conceived multiples, and as a current OB patient.
Especially in these days of pub-med and other internet sites, it is really
hard for me to hear someone saying, "my doctor didn't tell me ________ could
happen."

--Jodi
37 weeks with babe #1

Old September 8th 07, 04:49 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Especially in these days of pub-med and other
internet sites, it is really hard for me to hear someone saying, "my
doctor didn't tell me ________ could happen."

We're lucky that in this day and age we have so much info that we can
access, but the truth is, we live in a society where the vast majority
of us expect doctor to be in charge and where the vast majority of
doctors do not enter relationships with patients expecting to be advisor
in decision making, rather than the one who makes the decisions. We're
brought up to respect doctor and to not question them, it's only slowly
that the message is creeping out that it's smart to do otherwise. If
doctors are going to behave like they are in charge then they have to
take the responsibility - it's thankfully getting more common for
doctors to have a more equal partner with patients, but it's still not
the norm.

Cheers
Anne
Old September 8th 07, 07:18 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

I've read that too. Well, not that the majority make it to 37 weeks but
that spontaneous twins generally fair a bit better for some reason.

Well the stats I've seen seem to say 50% go to 37 weeks regardless of
how they were conceived, I don't think I've got higher enough numbers to
have much idea whether it's likely or not, though thinking back through
this group since I've been around, I can only think of one person who's
spontaneously conceived twins were delivered before 37 weeks,
Choti/Angela and I think that was due to one of them having a heart
defect and needing to be delivered, rather than onset of labour, but
don't quote me on that.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that a difference could occur with
different methods of conception, there is the fact that help is needed
to start of with, a lot of infertility is non specific, maybe sometimes
thats nature's way of saying somethings not optimum for pregnancy. Then
there is the drugs, there could still be traces in the system through
the early weeks of pregnancy, potentially influencing something or
other. With IVF, there have been cell division issues reported - for
example, it's now known that identical twins are more likely from an IVF
created embryo than the underlying rate, if it's affecting that, what
else is it affecting?

Anne
Old September 8th 07, 07:21 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"Nikki" wrote in message
news

"Jamie Clark"

I didn't think she was negative at all.

Really?!

Her pregnancy experience was vastly different from mine from the very
beginning. It sounded truely aweful and scary and I can understand her
feelings on that part.

Absolutely. It sounded like because of other physical issues that she had,
that pregnancy and her did not mix well. It sounded like her pregnancy was
not great, but I didn't think that she was being negative about it, just
honest and straight forward. I think you can acknowledge that something
sucks or is hard or rough or not fun without being negative about it. If
that makes sense.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_Guest1, Password:
guest
Password

Old September 8th 07, 05:20 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

I passed these links on, in my googling I had also found that it was
common for no semen check to be done despite 47% of infertile couples
having some kind of male involvement, so I mentioned that too -
apparently her husband has not been tested and won't be tested, she says
she "knows" it is her, though no test has shown anything specific. She
would still love a multiple birth - she sounds exactly like the
description in the triplets article of being so blinded by the desire to
have children that she's blind to the truth. I can understand that if
you could definitely choose to have healthy full term twins, that some
people might like that, but you can't choose that and you have to
balance that against the risk of quite severe problems, including loss
of all the babies. To me, it seems unethical for a doctor to give
treatment for a fertility problem without testing the sperm once.

Cheers
Anne
Old September 8th 07, 09:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Me Myself and I[_2_]

I find it incredible that a doctor would prescribe without checking for male
factor also. I had the basic testing of progesterone testing to check for
ovulation (over 3 or 4 months) hysterosalpingogram (to check the tubes),
post coital test (to make sure the sperm were not being killed by me), and
then DH had a sperm analysis done. They are not hard tests, do not take
long but are considered the most basic and I had assumed that all doctors
would check these little things first before moving on.

Over at the alt.infertility groups I have never know anyone to skip the
testing and head straight to fertility drugs, but of course you can't really
class that group as being a normal cross section I suppose.

I hope your friend pushes for further testing, how can she know it's her?
that's just silly unless she has had prior testing. Also does she want to
spend the next 10 years trying for a baby only to find out it was him that
had the problem? Not to mention that if her 6 cycles of clomid don't work
the next step will be injectables, which is a costly process especially if
you are doing it for nothing (if his sperm were poor)

--
Pip, in NZ

My girls :
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early - March 02 - 4lb 12oz
Still as small as a peanut but as smart as a whip!

DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early - Feb 05 - 3lb 14oz
Two and a half and still a terror!!

"Yes you can drive me insane just by talking to me!"

Old January 8th 08, 02:06 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nikki

"Sarah Vaughan" wrote in message

A couple of links to blog posts by mothers of multiples, detailing some of
the downsides:

http://twinklelittlestar.typepad.com/letter/2006/10/the_truth_about.html
(Twins)

Well she is a negative Nelly

I do realize how blessed and lucky I am to have had a complication free
pregnancy and delivery - at term. I was a nervous wreck worrying about all
the risks. I'd rather do them one at a time but I'm having a blast now
that they are here and the scary part is over.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old January 8th 08, 06:17 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nikki

"Jamie Clark"

I didn't think she was negative at all.

Really?!

Her pregnancy experience was vastly different from mine from the very
beginning. It sounded truely aweful and scary and I can understand her
feelings on that part.

We all have different experiences with parenting and I don't want to
discount anyone's experience. It is theirs to own. I think it struck me
wrong because of other things in my life right now. I'm tired of pity
parties in general - unrelated to this stressed out mom

I wasn't being flippant when I said I know how blessed I am. I no longer
allow myself to get mired down in the daily stressors of parenting (twins or
not). It was an awakening for me. There is even a physical result in that
I no longer have high blood pressure. In that respect the twins gave me a
gift. God gave me the gift of 4 healthy kids and the twins gave me the gift
of being able to enjoy all of them. I also know that I have that luxury
because I *do* have 4 healthy kids. I'm not sure how I'd be managing if
that wasn't true so I don't mean to be sounding holier then thou or
anything.

Having said that, I think I hear crying upstairs!
--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Clomid question blue Pregnancy 1 January 15th 07 03:43 PM
What is clomid? Clair Pepper Pregnancy 3 December 31st 05 04:31 AM
Clomid & CM question Ilse Witch Pregnancy 7 December 7th 04 05:24 PM
Clomid C3medic900 Pregnancy 0 July 23rd 04 04:30 PM
Clomid or progesterone? Ilse Witch Pregnancy 27 July 23rd 04 03:29 PM