growth spurt??????????

Old March 18th 04, 02:29 PM
Ralph Flikweert

Default growth spurt??????????

Mikayla has been sleeping throught the night since she was 1 month old..she
would be put down at about 11pm and sleep untill 5:30am and then we put her
down earlier each night. For the past month and a half she has been sleeping
from 8:30pm untill 6:00am everynight, untill two days ago..my dd turned 3
months old on Wednesday and on Tuesday night she woke at 2:30am, 4:30am and
5:30am everytime wanting to nurse...at least that is what I thought...even
during the day all she wanted was to nurse. She also has not been having as
many bowel movements, she has even skipped a day entirely! Another thing is
she is drooling like crazy! I thought that she might be going through a
growth spurt and then a friend said she may be teething...does anybody have
any ideas???? Last night she woke at 2:30am but was able to fall back
asleep..
thanxx for your help...
Michelle

Old March 18th 04, 04:00 PM
Belphoebe

Ralph Flikweert wrote:

She also has not been having as many bowel
movements, she has even skipped a day entirely! Another thing is she
is drooling like crazy! I thought that she might be going through a
growth spurt and then a friend said she may be teething...does
anybody have any ideas???? Last night she woke at 2:30am but was able
to fall back asleep..
thanxx for your help...

Growth spurt and teething both sound like likely suspects. I wouldn't be
surprised if she's going through both. Three months, as I recall, is a
classic growth-spurt time, and I remember my DS, now 12 months, going
through one right around then. He also went to a once-a-week poop schedule
at around that age, and didn't change that pattern until he started solids
at six months. As long as the consistency is normal (e.g. not coming out as
dry pellets) it's not constipation. If it's normal and she's not
uncomfortable (straining) I wouldn't worry about it.

--
Belphoebe

Old March 18th 04, 04:07 PM
Ralph Flikweert

no she doesn't seem to be straining..and it is not coming out in pellets so
I guess we are okay. What are some things I can do for her teething? She is
not able to hold her own teething ring yet so I am not sure what will
help...maybe a cool wet cloth for her to suck on?
...Michelle, Ralph and Mikayla
http://members.rogers.com/mikaylaflikweert/ for pictures.

Old March 18th 04, 04:23 PM
Luna

My son is about the same age as your Mikayla - he'll be 3 months in just a
few days. I'm amazed at how fast the time has gone!
We aren't at the teething stage yet, but I have a bottle of Hyland's
teething tablets on hand. They have worked very well for all the babies I
know. Even though they're homeopathic and I got them at our local co-op, I
recently saw them at Wal-mart of all places . .
So you should be able to find them wherever you shop. Oh, and we did have a
recent growth spurt that was accompanied by several days of fussiness.
Good luck, and nice to meet you!
Hannah
and sleeping slingbaby Jasper

.cable.rogers.com...

Old March 18th 04, 04:34 PM
Ralph Flikweert

I will give those a check..I have a herb house on my plaza so maybe I will
check there if not Walmart here I come... I wasn't sure if baby oragel was
any good...I have heard mixed reviews!!
Michelle, Ralph and mikayla
ink.net...

Old March 18th 04, 05:25 PM
Belphoebe

Ralph Flikweert wrote:
I will give those a check..I have a herb house on my plaza so maybe I
will check there if not Walmart here I come... I wasn't sure if baby
oragel was any good...I have heard mixed reviews!!

We use infant tylenol for DS. The one time we tried teething gel it freaked
him out and made him scream--maybe because he didn't understand the
numbness?

--
Belphoebe

growth spurt hell Angela Schepers Pregnancy 1 June 16th 04 03:05 PM
3 month growth spurt Bach Breastfeeding 7 December 12th 03 11:05 AM
growth spurt K.B. Breastfeeding 1 August 8th 03 09:15 AM
growth spurt Lucy Breastfeeding 0 July 14th 03 06:40 PM
growth spurt going on a long time Anne Rogers Breastfeeding 2 July 11th 03 11:51 AM