18mo wants me to nurse her bears!

Old April 10th 04, 08:42 AM
Al Bell

Default 18mo wants me to nurse her bears!

My 18-month-old daughter, who nurses on demand when she's not in daycare,
now wants me to nurse her toy bears and put shoes on them.

I couldn't find any references to this type of thing in the baby books and
was wondering if other toddler parents out there are experiencing this
sort of thing.

Old April 10th 04, 08:55 AM
CY

OH YES!! My DD nurses everything, and then wants me to do the same. I am
happy to oblige as I think it's cute! Not long ago she asked me to nurse an
Aunt Jemima maple syrup bottle after she'd had "enough" of nursing her
herself. It's adorable!

Old April 10th 04, 10:31 AM
Cat

"CY" skrev i en meddelelse
OH YES!! My DD nurses everything, and then wants me to do the same. I am
happy to oblige as I think it's cute! Not long ago she asked me to nurse

an
Aunt Jemima maple syrup bottle after she'd had "enough" of nursing her
herself. It's adorable!

What about nursing a favorite truck :-)

Tine, Denmark

Old April 10th 04, 02:46 PM
Karen

Yep, I've nursed trucks, dinosaurs...

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 3/4 ands someone due in 2 weeks!-

Old April 10th 04, 02:48 PM
nina

"Al Bell" wrote in message
My 18-month-old daughter, who nurses on demand when she's not in daycare,
now wants me to nurse her toy bears and put shoes on them.

I couldn't find any references to this type of thing in the baby books and
was wondering if other toddler parents out there are experiencing this
sort of thing.

Typical toddler play. If she were taking bottles, she'd probably want you to
feed the bears bottles and change their diapers.

Old April 10th 04, 04:47 PM
iphigenia

Al Bell wrote:

I couldn't find any references to this type of thing in the baby
books and was wondering if other toddler parents out there are
experiencing this sort of thing.

Yes, very normal.

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old April 10th 04, 05:22 PM
Iuil

"Al Bell" wrote
My 18-month-old daughter, who nurses on demand when she's not in daycare,
now wants me to nurse her toy bears and put shoes on them.

I couldn't find any references to this type of thing in the baby books and
was wondering if other toddler parents out there are experiencing this
sort of thing.

Um, yeah.

So far, I've been asked to bf dolls, teddy bears, Baby Tad and a Tweenie (I
think it's Fizz). DD (21 months) also puts nappies on her dolls and bears,
puts them down on sofas/beds/beanbags to sleep, covers them up with a
blanket, then turns around and tells everyone to "Shhh - baby asleep".

It's a perfectly normal developmental phase as they learn to turn their
experiences into the experiences of others.

Jean

Old April 12th 04, 02:58 AM
Brandy Kurtz

"Iuil" wrote in message ...
"Al Bell" wrote
My 18-month-old daughter, who nurses on demand when she's not in daycare,
now wants me to nurse her toy bears and put shoes on them.

I couldn't find any references to this type of thing in the baby books and
was wondering if other toddler parents out there are experiencing this
sort of thing.

Um, yeah.

So far, I've been asked to bf dolls, teddy bears, Baby Tad and a Tweenie (I
think it's Fizz). DD (21 months) also puts nappies on her dolls and bears,
puts them down on sofas/beds/beanbags to sleep, covers them up with a
blanket, then turns around and tells everyone to "Shhh - baby asleep".

It's a perfectly normal developmental phase as they learn to turn their
experiences into the experiences of others.

Jean

LOL! Abby has even asked me to nurse her tonka trucks...

Brandy
Old April 12th 04, 03:23 AM
Larry McMahan

Al Bell writes:
: My 18-month-old daughter, who nurses on demand when she's not in daycare,
: now wants me to nurse her toy bears and put shoes on them.

: I couldn't find any references to this type of thing in the baby books and
: was wondering if other toddler parents out there are experiencing this
: sort of thing.

NO. Never, no one has EVER had to nurse bears, or dolls, or plush rabbits,
or .... well, you get the idea (I hope). :-)

Larry
Old April 12th 04, 07:48 PM
H Schinske

Al Bell writes:
: My 18-month-old daughter, who nurses on demand when she's not in daycare,
: now wants me to nurse her toy bears and put shoes on them.

: I couldn't find any references to this type of thing in the baby books and
: was wondering if other toddler parents out there are experiencing this
: sort of thing.

My kids all nursed their own. One of my favorite memories is the time my sister
got the girls various Beanie babies for Christmas when they were two or three
years old, including a shark, and Emily nursed the shark very nicely and then
put it to bed with a blankie.

--Helen