For God's Sake! Don't Take Your Kids to a Hotel!

Old August 9th 03, 03:57 PM
Hank Sniadoch

Default For God's Sake! Don't Take Your Kids to a Hotel!

This is pure baloney.
"L.B. Sleuth" wrote in message
om...
[Foreword: Apparently hotel management would rather keep their
ignorant guests in the dark by just "sweeping" this dirty little drug
lab secret under the rug. After all, today's drug labs produce
virtually no odors; most guests will not complain about dreadful air
quality; and most guests are only overnighters anyway, so, if they get
sick, they will just bounce back a few hours after check-out and be
none the wiser. And surely hotel management wants to avoid
unpleasantries like D.E.A. agents kicking in the doors of their guests
in the middle of the night or like [gasp, heavens, no!] their
building's acquiring a reputation of being a "sick building."]

HOTELS ARE DRUG LAB INFESTED!!

In recent months, I have had three back-to-back hotel stays at three
different hotels, and all three bedeviled me with toxic fumes from
illicit drug lab activity. Do not think for one minute that upscale
hotels are exempt from this problem!

BE ADVISED: illicit drug lab chemists are using chemical ingredients
and methods that produce virtually no smells and very little chemical
taste. In fact, some people can't even taste the chemistry in the air.
I can! In any case, drug lab toxins can make you very, very sick.

You may be wondering how I know about such things. Well, I lived for
almost three and one-half years in an apartment as a neighbor to, not
one, but two illicit drug labs in the building, and, for that time
period, I didn't have a clue as to what was going on around me even
though I was suffering a whole host of physical maladies that were not
characteristic of me. Then, pretty much by quirk of fate (and sloppy
behavior on the part of the perpetrators), I caught on quick. I
eventually moved out and ended up in yet another apartment which was
plagued by intolerable drug lab fumes. The government was worthless in
addressing these crimes.

My advice to airline crews on layovers (and to all travelers, for that
matter) is, "STAY OUT OF HOTELS," for you make wake up dead one day -
NO KIDDING!

I was in one hotel long enough to suspect that there were a minimum of
SIX drug lab chemists operating there, and, let me tell you, there
were some really funny things going on there, particularly at night. I
do believe that the dead bodies of guests who had succumbed to toxic
fumes were spirited away from that building.

STAY OUT OF HOTELS! Things may be fine at first, but you never know
who checks into the next room after you have gone to sleep. Worse yet,
an illicit drug chemist may be in the room right above you, and he may
be so stoned that he spills his nasty, nasty chemicals on the floor.
From there the chemicals may leak through your ceiling and rain down
on your face in your sleep. Just such a thing came close to happening
to me in my apartment and in the first of the three hotel rooms where
I stayed!

_USA Today_ recently (cover story of 7/30/2003) made mention of the
problem in hotel rooms in a bigger article on methamphetamine labs.
They said that children have crawled on the carpets of hotel rooms
which have previously hosted drug labs, and those children have gotten
chemical burns! The report goes on to say that toxic fumes from
illicit drug labs cause learning disabilities in children as well as
fatal burns to lungs and damage to livers and spleens.

One troubling aspect of the _USA Today_ report was the low numbers of
drug lab busts in eastern U.S. jurisdictions. Don't be fooled by these
low numbers. There is an infestation of illicit drug labs in eastern
jurisdictions. Years ago, it was reported that at any one time there
are over 1,000 drug labs in New York City alone (there must be several
thousand now), yet, for the whole state of New York, there were only
14 drug lab busts in year 2002!

My first night at the second hotel was OK, but the second night was
very different. In bed, I had neurological sensations like electrical
shocks all over my body. I had muscle spasms all over, too, and every
time I tried to fall asleep, an arm would jerk, or a leg would jerk,
or a hand would jerk. These are symptoms of pesticide poisoning.
Illicit drug lab chemists use pesticides in their dirty work.
Moreover, during that second night, my cat vomited three times, and
then a fourth time right after I arose. Shortly thereafter, he rapidly
developed a nasty skin lesion on the border of his nose, and he then
became deathly ill. Just before my last night there, I myself became
deathly ill, and I didn't think that I was going to make it out of
there.

Illicit drug labs create the risk of explosion and fire. Do you want
the room above, below or right next to you to explode when you least
expect it? And hotel fires can be really, really nasty things as
evidenced by televised accounts of such events. You don't want you,
yourself, and your children to be caught in a fire especially in an
older, taller hotel.

By all accounts in the news, the methamphetamine problem is growing by
leaps and bounds, and the U.S. is very rapidly becoming like Thailand
where everything everywhere is being touched by the contamination of
Thailand's monumental methamphetamine addiction problem.

Two area public libraries where I now reside have been contaminated by
drug lab activity and/or the dumping of toxic waste from drug labs.

BTW, the toxic waste of drug labs corrodes drain pipes leaving behind
leaks large and small. Then, water starts to leak out creating an
environment of moisture in which mold and mildew will thrive. The
toxins from mold and mildew can be as bad, if not worse than drug lab
toxins. Keep this in mind when buying your next house for it may have
to be torn apart to correct aforementioned problems.

So, don't buy a house; don't live in a multiple dwelling; and, for
God's sake, don't bring your kids to a hotel!

Old August 11th 03, 03:51 PM
L.B. Sleuth

The following is a *partial* list of the physical maladies that I have
experienced from time-to-time over the last NINE years of being
exposed to illicit drug lab fumes. These symptoms were not experienced
all at the same time nor all of the time. Things depended on the given
location (remember, there were five of them) and the exact chemical
content/concentration of the air.

Super severe headaches (very uncharacteristic of me);

Severe eye irritation with the eye white turning solidly red;

Incredible eyeball pain with the fear of losing the eyeball to eye
cancer;

Welts of the white of the eye;

Perforated eardrum from highly acidic (or alkaline) fumes in the air;

Sensation in my gums as if all of my teeth were about to fall out;

Oral lesions, lots of them of varying nature in all places in the oral
cavity including the tongue;

Chemical burns of the palate of the mouth;

Discoloration of the face and lips;

Horrific rosacea of the face which persisted for months;

Raised skin welts over the cheekbones, at the corners of the lips, and
below the lower lip;

Chronic fatigue;

Oddball sensations and pains in the soft tissue within the lower jaw
under the tongue and in the groin area and in the genitals;

Yellow feces with the need to defecate 4 times per day;

Passing of food in as little as 2 hours, well below the normal 24 to
48 hours;

Extreme pain in the gut particularly in the area of the pancreas,
liver and tranverse colon;

Exteme anal muscular pain that radiated into the buttocks and thighs
and sometimes farther down the left leg. I'd want to pull my hair out
and scream out at the top of my lungs when this occurred;

Severe testicular pain making it almost impossible to walk;

A lingering, awful chemical taste in the mouth even when off premises;

Super severe buring of the tongue like it was on fire in the middle of
the night;

Thinning of the hair, not just thinning of the population of the hair
shafts, but also thinning of the diameter of each hair shaft making my
hair fur-like;

Accelerated greying of the hair;

Severe pain in the feet particularly after inactivity like sitting for
extended periods on a bus or in front of a computer screen;

Development of a sizable conical bump on the head where all of the
hair broke off into stubble and where there was excruciating pain
every five minutes like clockwork. This pain would radiate down to the
sinus cavity or oral cavity and sometimes to the ear;

Very oddball nausea and other odd distress of the intestinal tract;

Oddball joint pain in the wrists, knees, and ankles with occasional
knee failure, in other words: "giving way of the knees;"

Extreme irritation of the throat with the development of a growth in
the throat, probably cancerous or pre-cancerous that severely impaired
the ability to swallow correctly while, at times, causing a gagging or
vomitting reflex;

Enlargement of the uvula (the thing that hangs at the back of the
mouth) so much so that it was being swallowed with food and fluids;

Lung pain with hyper sensitivity to cold winter air;

Suspect tooth decay believed to be caused by highly acidic fumes in
the air plus attendant tooth aches... really bad ones depending on the
current nature of the air quality;

Incredible anal burning well beyond anything considered normal with
occasional rectal bleeding (once very significant bleeding);

Super severe bladder pains which seemed to signal imminent death with
lesser occurances of such pains;

Heart pains as if a stake were being pounded into it;

Extremely stiff neck, shoulder, and shoulder blade with extreme pain
at the slightest attempt to move. This condition could really be
described as debilitating;

Super severe constriction of the esophagus as if it were being
strangled while simultaneously being pulled in opposite directions.
This was far more tortorous than you can possibly imagine;

Neurological problems like electrical shocks/tingling throughout the
extremities;

Sometimes deep internal "quaking" of the extremities or spine;

Muscle spasms/twitches everywhere with some muscles being especially
and persistently active;

Jerking extremities in bed with some full-body jerks;

Super severe pains of fibromyalgia in the legs and feet, so much so
that it was thought that amputations were in order;

Super severe, almost unrelenting leg cramps in bed. In one instance,
the entire left calf muscle tightened into an agonizing ball about as
big and hard as a baseball, and it would not relent for what seemed to
be forever;

A minor cough set off a back pain near the right shoulder blade that
was as bad as being stabbed by a huge jagged knife. This had me trying
to run away from the pain. I got only two steps away; I yelled out in
pain at the top of my lungs, then I hit the floor where I rolled up
into a ball in an attempt to find a position to minimize the pain
which seemed to last forever;

Symptoms of Guillain-Barre and/or multiple sclerosis in my arms to the
point where it seemed that I was about to totally lose the use of both
arms;

Numbness/paralysis of both hands in the middle of the night;

Inability to recover from very minor injuries, the sites of which
experienced great pain way out of proportion to the seriousness of the
injuries for many, many months;

Discoloration of the hands and fingers on the palm side. Why, it
looked like I had pressed my hands on the shocking pink/orange wet
paint of a wall;

Malordor of my feces. For one extended period last year, my feces
smelled like a combination of sour dairy and latex paint. More
recently, the malodor is of some indescribable chemical nature. This
same malodor has been detected on my breath, on my socks, under my
toenails, and under the foreskin;

Occasional feelings of generally being deathly ill in very odd ways.

In summary, the last NINE years of my life have been fun... real fun.

My original message follows...

(L.B. Sleuth) wrote in message . com...
[...]

From there the chemicals may leak through your ceiling and rain down

Old August 11th 03, 06:24 PM
Wendy Marsden

In misc.kids L.B. Sleuth wrote:
This
same malodor has been detected on my breath, on my socks, under my
toenails, and under the foreskin;

Well, THERE'S your problem. You never got circumsized. No wonder you're
so screwed up!

Wendy
Old August 11th 03, 08:10 PM
JG

"Wendy Marsden" wrote in message

In misc.kids L.B. Sleuth wrote:
This
same malodor has been detected on my breath, on my socks, under my
toenails, and under the foreskin;

Well, THERE'S your problem. You never got circumsized. No wonder

you're
so screwed up!

Wendy

Hahahaha! GOOD one! g My nominee for "Post of the Month" on mkh.

It's a wonder M. Sleuth can type, i.e., that his fingertips haven't been
afflicted by blisters, or a God-awful burning sensation, or total
numbness, or that they haven't swollen to the size of golf balls, or...
(Or have they? I admit I didn't read his entire list of maladies; I was
afraid of laughing so hard that I'd spew a mouthful of coffee and ruin
*another* keyboard...)

Old August 11th 03, 08:25 PM
Mary Gordon

Yup, mental illness.

I used to answer a 1-800 line for a utility and I got calls from guys
like this all the time. One I recall was a guy who believed that fire
fighting foams used by electrical plants in practice drills were
making him sick - and he had a huge list of symptoms which he refused
to discuss with his doctor, believing the doc must be part of the
conspiracy. He didn't live within 100 miles of a nuclear plant, but he
thought the evil effects of said foams were being transmitted along
the electrical wires and thus coming into his home. He even believed
all the food in his fridge was contaminated by these foam
transmissions, and had therefore unscrewed the lightbulb in the
fridge, which he thought would help.

See a shrink boyo!!

Mary G.

Old August 13th 03, 07:46 PM
JG

"PF Riley" wrote in message

On 11 Aug 2003 18:42:13 -0700, (Elizabeth Reid)
wrote:

(L.B. Sleuth) wrote in message

. com...
The following is a *partial* list of the physical maladies that I

have
experienced from time-to-time over the last NINE years of being
exposed to illicit drug lab fumes. These symptoms were not

experienced
all at the same time nor all of the time. Things depended on the

given
location (remember, there were five of them) and the exact chemical
content/concentration of the air.

[...]

You forgot the most important thing; paranoid schizophrenea.

Oh, but wait, Dr. Szasz says that isn't real. This guy just likes
being this way and could become "normal" any time he wants (without
anyone's help, natch, since psychiatrists and psychologists just
invented mental illness to make money off of people who can otherwise
help themselves.)

You really don't understand Tom Szasz, Riley, and as such are making
yourself look quite foolish to those who do. For you edification, Szasz
is actually rather an agnostic regarding schizophrenia. He doesn't deny
that there might indeed be (yet undiscovered) organic causes for a lot
of nonconforming behavior, he simply wants people to stop automatically
attributing an individual's "bad" (= socially frowned upon) behavior(s)
to a "mental disorder" (or "mental illness"/"mental disease"). He
believes people are responsible for their behavior REGARDLESS OF ITS
"CAUSE" (and as such must accept the consequences of their actions). He
wouldn't assert that paranoid schizophrenics could/can "become normal
any time [they] want" (you've really shown your lack of understanding
with that comment!); he simply asserts that although "we" (i.e.,
"normal," conforming members of society), don't "like"--i.e., are
intolerant of--the aberrant behavior of some, we have no right to force
them to behave "properly." (Society does have the "right" to punish
them when their behavior has caused TRUE harm to others and/or their
property.) Furthermore, he has no particular argument with
psychiatrists/psychologists; indeed, he believes they might (can) help
troubled individuals (which is to say those who believe they have
problems and WANT to change, not those forced into therapy against their
will) alter their undesired behavior.

JG

"What a dull work this would be were we all alike. What an evolutionary
dead end! To be brothers, to live in peace, we do not have to be overly
similar. We don't have to admire or even like one another's
peculiarities. We need only respect those peculiarities - and to be
grateful for them. Our similarities provide us with a common ground, but
our differences allow us to be fascinated by one another. Differences
give human encounters their snap and their fizz and their brew."
--Tom Robbins (_Skinny Legs and All_)

FWD bad judgement or abuse Trunk kids begged to ride Kane General 2 August 5th 03 05:54 PM
Review: Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (**) Steve Rhodes General 1 August 5th 03 12:59 PM
More kids in the trunk bobb General 0 August 4th 03 05:08 PM
Article on kids and concerts Bill1255 General 6 July 21st 03 01:16 PM
Kids Education Mike Jones General 2 July 9th 03 11:16 PM