Opinions.....is this rude?

Old August 12th 04, 09:15 PM
Christine

Default Opinions.....is this rude?

Ok, DH wants to plan a small vacation with his 2 daughters,,,7 and
14,,,,,

he wants to take them to a huge ( FUN ) water park in Erie, then to
Canada....to see the falls,
and to the beach...etc.
from what I understand you should'nt take a baby out of the country till
they have x amount of shots....
and she cant go on the beach....she is very fair, complected, and might
burn OR be cold on the beach if its chilly ( and IT IS! ) and my main
concern is =91=91sand in her eyes=92=92 she doesnt even sit up by
herself yet..shes 12 weeks....

DH thinks I should just go and sit in the hotel while him and his kids
have a ball...

Is it selfish of me to expect him to wait till next year, for a
vacation? because I told him she would probably be able to do a beach at
age one,

but he wants to take his kids,,,,,,,
they BOTH had been on a NICE vacation already with their moms....as a
matter of fact, the 7 year old is at the beach as we speak!
PLUS we went to a nice resort a few weeks ago,,,it was all indoors,,,I
walked around with chloe while they had fun!

BUT this place,,( the water park ) you cant take a stroller in, and she
is too little to sit in the water, so we would have to stay in the hotel
room,,,

I would MUCH rather spend my time with chloe than leave her with a
sitter...that is OUT!
DH would never expect me to get a sitter either...if it was just him and
I...then I would have my mom keep her BUT i wont leave Chloe behind to
go on a =91=91family=92=92 vacation!

But I just want to stay home if he wants to go that bad......

so, is it rude of ME to stay here with Chloe?

and is it rude of HIM to still go knowing chloe is too small yet?

I think the final desicion is that I am going to stay home with
Chloe...but i was just wondering what you all thought?

tia.......

Chrissy & Chloe....

Old August 12th 04, 09:36 PM
Denise Anderson

"Christine" wrote in message
Ok, DH wants to plan a small vacation with his 2 daughters,,,7 and
14,,,,,

he wants to take them to a huge ( FUN ) water park in Erie, then to
Canada....to see the falls,
and to the beach...etc.
from what I understand you should'nt take a baby out of the country till
they have x amount of shots....
and she cant go on the beach....she is very fair, complected, and might
burn OR be cold on the beach if its chilly ( and IT IS! ) and my main
concern is ''sand in her eyes'' she doesnt even sit up by
herself yet..shes 12 weeks....

while the water park might not be fun, why not take the baby to the beach?
I have a fair complexion and I've been going to the beach much longer than
I've been able to sit up. I was born in Virginia Beach and my mom is a huge
beach bum. I can remember taking my little sister when she was 2 or 3 weeks
old to the beach, and I used to walk to the beach with my oldest when we
lived within walking distance from the time I brought her home from the
hospital. Put her in lightweight materials that cover all her skin, pop a
hat on her and call her good to go.
As far as shots to get out of the country, I take my kids to Canada all the
time, and I don't think they've ever looked at shot records. I take them
with me, but I've never had anyone look or say anything about missing shots.
And they don't have all their shots. I also took DD3 to BC when she was 4
weeks old.

The water park might not be fun, but personally, I'd enjoy the quiet time in
a hotel room by myself.

My stepdaughter gets to go on tons of family vacations with her mom's side
of the family during the year. We still make it a point to wait for her to
do our fun summer stuff. I wouldn't expect my husband and my stepdaughter
to stay home just because I didn't want to go somewhere though.

Denise

Old August 12th 04, 09:41 PM
Tori M.

"Christine" wrote in message
Ok, DH wants to plan a small vacation with his 2 daughters,,,7 and
14,,,,,

If I was you I would tell DH that this would be a good year to just do a
father daughter vacation because from the sound of it you will just be
cranky the entire time anyway. It does not matter if the older 2 have been
on a vacation every week durring the summer it will not replace a vacation
with their father.
While DH is gone you can plan a few outings/projects that you have wanted to
do arround town but DH isnt interested in.
When I read your posts I wonder how well you and DH knew each other before
you got married. It seems sad that you apparently have a hard time
comunicating your needs with each other.. I do think you are over worrying
this whole thing but again I am for the most part not a worrier and I would
take a 12 week old to the beach dressed apropriatly for the day. I am fair
skinned and so is my daughter.. though she does not seem to burn I do. If
you are worried about wind and sand you could take it one day at a time.
Also who says you have to stay at the hotel? From what I understand Canada
has lots of stuff not in that Hotel

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old August 12th 04, 09:43 PM
T68b

We just spent a week at the beach with my sis and her 3 (youngest 6wks--very
fair also), then 2 days at an amusement park/water park. Traded off with the
baby watching at the water park. Wonder why they wont let strollers in though.
I'd say go...have a good time...watch the kids having fun!
Old August 12th 04, 09:56 PM
Puester

Christine wrote:

Ok, DH wants to plan a small vacation with his 2 daughters,,,7 and
14,,,,,

But I just want to stay home if he wants to go that bad......

so, is it rude of ME to stay here with Chloe?

I'd say it was sad that you are dividing the family into
"his" and "ours". You sound like a very reluctant stepmother.
I think Chloe would travel just fine, but you'd need an attitude
adjustment if you didn't want it to be a miserable vacation for
everyone.

gloria p
Old August 12th 04, 10:07 PM
Ilse Witch

I wouldn't much want to spend a holiday babysitting, even if it was my own
child, knowing that the rest of the family is having fun on the beach or
else. I don't blame you for setting your foot down in the matter.

One thing though: babies are never too small to be in the water, and our
DS loved to swim when he was two months old. Of course you need to be
there to hold her, but she may well enjoy the waterpark that way and you
could too. Maybe you can get him to find a destination that is fun for all
of you?

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Old August 12th 04, 10:16 PM
Nancy P.

"Christine" wrote in message
Is it selfish of me to expect him to wait till next year, for a
vacation?

Yes, I'm sorry, I think it is. You had a baby, but their lives go on.

BUT this place,,( the water park ) you cant take a stroller in, and she
is too little to sit in the water, so we would have to stay in the hotel
room,,,

Why wouldn't you put the baby in a swimmie diaper and sit in the water with
her?

Also, my baby went to the beach at about 13 weeks old. She was either on me
in the sling if we were down by the water, with a hat on. The only exposed
skin was one arm, which I sunscreened. Otherwise she was inside a sand tent
shelter thing, and that was fine, too. She got a little sand on her, but it
was no big deal. I gave her a bath when we got home. We are extremely
fair, but I covered her up and we all had a nice time.

Nancy

Old August 12th 04, 10:27 PM
Christine

I'd say it was sad that you are dividing the
family into "his" and "ours". You sound like a
very reluctant stepmother

YOU HAVE NO IDEA OW GOOD I AM TO THE KIDS!

I just meant that I would rather have m 12 week old baby at home, she
HAS traveled and quit WELL! but I think THIS vacation is for OLDER
children......
MY DH EVEN SAYS the kids enjoy MY company beter than there OWN mothers!

I didnt think it was rude to STAY HOME!

you sound mental!

Chrissy & Chloe....

Old August 12th 04, 10:35 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Christine wrote:

[...]

go on a ‘‘family’’ vacation!

But I just want to stay home if he wants to go that bad......

so, is it rude of ME to stay here with Chloe?

and is it rude of HIM to still go knowing chloe is too small yet?

I think the final desicion is that I am going to stay home with
Chloe...but i was just wondering what you all thought?

I think it depends on the context. If this is
time for him to bond with his older girls, then it's
perfectly reasonable for him to go with them and you
to stay home since the proposed vacation isn't suitable
for the two of you. (Yeah, you could take a baby to
these places--I wouldn't worry particularly about the
health risks, but it sounds like a royal PITA for Mom.)
If, on the other hand, this is supposed to be
*your* family vacation (along with his older girls),
then I think it's pretty rude on his part.
Personally, no way would I go. That wouldn't
be a vacation for me at all. If I have to be alone with
the kid, I'd rather be alone with the kid somewhere that
is set up for a baby and where I've got some friends to
hang out with.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old August 12th 04, 10:36 PM
Denise Anderson

"Christine" wrote in message
I'd say it was sad that you are dividing the
family into "his" and "ours". You sound like a
very reluctant stepmother

YOU HAVE NO IDEA OW GOOD I AM TO THE KIDS!

I just meant that I would rather have m 12 week old baby at home, she
HAS traveled and quit WELL! but I think THIS vacation is for OLDER
children......
MY DH EVEN SAYS the kids enjoy MY company beter than there OWN mothers!

I didnt think it was rude to STAY HOME!

you sound mental!

You asked for opinions. There's no reason to get all ****y because they're
not what you wanted to hear.