Happy Chappy

Old January 5th 04, 11:17 PM
Andrew

Default Happy Chappy

Well, she's back!!! (My daughter I mean, from her trip to Sweden). She
walked in the door and as soon as she saw me burst out laughing and babbling
and just could not stop talking. Told me about half a dozen things mixed up
in one sentence. Hugged me, kissed me and said 'Daddy I missed you so much'.
She sang me five songs she made up for me, hugged me time and time again.
Asked me if I was proud of her and showed me all sorts of things she can do
with a bit of paper. (she can throw it in the air and laugh when it comes
down esp if it hits her face). What more can I say? Could tell you the birds
were singing sun shining etc but it would be a lie.

Yesterday I was walking through the neighbourhood, pretty sure she was
coming back as I had emails about what we were going to do. Waved at Steve
(he runs the taxi firm now), met Martin (the Revd from St Andrews) at the
cash point and had a good chat, talked to lots of nice people in Waitrose,
went into the Elliot for the first time for a pint and a read, couple of
people came up just to welcome me to the pub. Nice chat with Beryl from next
door (80 last year but we had a brilliant time new years day at a dinner she
threw). Love my neighbourhood, love the people, love life. I am one happy
chappy. Looking forward anything is possible in future (even that accursedly
elusive lottery win). Apparently her mum told my daughter that she is
leaving again on Wednesday and daughter said 'dont worry mummy, we will see
you again'. Makes me think daughter OK with life. Took the wonderful Kate's
advice (from the group) and complimented wife on various safe topics (all
genuine compliments) which went down well (thanks Kate, love you, marry you
at some later stage), cooked for wife and wife's mother in law, got
complimented on my cooking. Daughter has made me three pointy paper hats
(although I got the tape wrong on one and it has been binned by her but I
have been forgiven). Yeah, its all pretty good right now. I recommend to you
a cartoon book about dad's, give you the title if you want, there is a bit
where the dad is offering the kids and wife the box of sweeties and
thinking 'dont take the red one, don't take the red one', none of them do,
he chomps it and leans back thinking 'lets face it, life is pretty good
right now'. Wife's step mum asked me if I had recently had a cold or
something, told them I had just had flu. Get real guys, smell the coffee, I
was trying to be a bit manly and not completely break down with happiness
(of course you can't tell people that at the time, also difficult to explain
to kids its actually cos your happy).

All of us who've got kids and see them, thats what its all about, thats what
its all for isn't it. Calloo, callay. Will stop now though I could go on the
rest of the night. Mother and daughter asleep in the other room together.
Huzzah! Long post, tough doo doo if it broke your server or anything, I
really don't care!! Ha ha ha. Whats the answer? It ain't 42, its my
daughter!!! Bless not just her little cotton socks but absolutely everything
about her.

Andrew

Yeah, said I wasn't going to rant again but I lied, I have just gone over to
the other side. Someone pass the me the lithium or valium quick.

Old January 6th 04, 01:40 AM
Tiffany

Andrew wrote in message
[...]

Positive rants are fine.

Cool.

Old January 6th 04, 04:02 PM
CME

"Andrew" wrote in message
[...]

That's great news Andrew, I'm glad everything worked out ok.

Christine

Old January 6th 04, 06:15 PM
Dennis Here

Andrew wrote in message ...
Well, she's back!!!

Great news, Have a great time.

Freddie gets back tomorrow night after a week away. Unusually he has phoned
me twice whilst away and when I ask him what he has been doing he says
"nothing"
Lots of hugs for me tomorrow.
He will be 8 on Friday, 10 kids to the huge indoor play area (wacky
warehouse type thing) on Saturday.

Dennis

Old January 6th 04, 09:26 PM
Andrew

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 23:17:20 +0000 (UTC), "Andrew"

Took the wonderful Kate's
advice (from the group) and complimented wife on various safe topics (all
genuine compliments) which went down well (thanks Kate, love you, marry

you
at some later stage),

I'm glad you did. I've found it best to plan potentially uncomfortable
situations. I'm pleased that it worked for you.

Yeah, said I wasn't going to rant again but I lied, I have just gone over

the other side. Someone pass the me the lithium or valium quick.

LOL...This must feel like you won the lottery. It's all good. Enjoy!

'Kate

Sorry guys,

quick minor flip. I am happy but I am sad. My wife left one day early as she
could not be sure she would not break down walking our daughter to school.
In some ways its one of those no wins, I do love my daughter, I am so glad
she came back safe. She told me as we waved bye to her ma 'well, its just
the two of us again daddy it will be fun dont worry'. I am so happy, I am
so unhappy. This is me guys, if someone has a clever, cutting comment about
it fine but this is the heart and soul of me, I like having my daughter
back, I don't like the situation, I am so ecstatic its untrue, I am sad for
my wife and the fact we can't be together. I tend to commit emotionally to
people (and I do not believe it is desperation to be loved/liked, I just
like people) and I am happy but hurting. Strange, weird. Back to school
tomorrow for daughter anyway. Also for the first time in a year my daughter
wet herself again. Coincidence? I don't know as she acts normal but I tend
to think not. enough posting. I am off to do some major cuddling and playing
with her, no way I want the best thing in my world not to know just what she
is. Sorry guys but she comes way before you in the queue. You are going to
have to learn to live with that.

To make me feel better can I rub kat like someone suggested? O sorry,
misread, I only got to rub my happiness against her, o well, can think of
worse names to call it. Damn, I'm getting as bad as the rest of them. Ok,
nite nite, asta la vista etc.

Andrew

Old January 7th 04, 04:58 PM
Colette Collopy

Hi,
identify with this post very much Andrew. My ex-partner stayed over with us
for Christmas which went well but made the mistake of saying he and his
family from Norway could stay for a week over New Year. It went drastically
wrong and ended up with them all going back to ex-partners place for last
few days of the holiday. I realise now that I loved him much more than he
ever did me. We can't be together for both our sakes. I, too, commit
emotionally to people and agree its not out of desperation it is just a pure
and simple fact of loving someone. I have three beautiful girls who are (I
thank the higher powers for this)living with me and who fill my life with
such joy.

Have found out that ex is not being sent to a counsellor as he informed me
but is trying to get his diagnosis of Aspergers Syndrome removed from his
medical record saying he is the normal one and everything is my fault.

I have reached a place where I have now given up on him completely (just
wish my bl(&&^ heart would!) and can at last set him free emotionally (he's
been free every other way most of our relationship).

I have to spend time building up my own confidence now and the dancing
lessons you all mentioned might just do the trick.

Take care to all,
Col x

Old January 7th 04, 05:04 PM
lm

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:58:41 +0000 (UTC), "Colette Collopy"
wrote:

I have to spend time building up my own confidence now and the dancing
lessons you all mentioned might just do the trick.

Mum's increased self-confidence will do her daughters a world of good.
Dance, paint, write, knit, do whatever you need to in that regard. I
need to do the same, for my own sake and for my family's sake.

lm
Old January 7th 04, 07:10 PM
Andrew

"Colette Collopy" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Col,

Wish I could be more help. Remember the good times, and we all know there
were good times, hold on to those memories, not everyone has them. When you
realise that it is best to let go of a relationship then it may free you as
well a little bit more and let you focus on more of the enjoyment of things
like your kids, your planned holiday, everything else life has to offer.
Yeah, 'the heart is not so smart' but it can give you pleasure too. Try not
to let him saying its your fault affect you, just try and move away from
even thinking about things like that, the phrase you used about 'letting go'
is the best to try and do and I hope you do manage to fit in a holiday it
will probably help you let go. From the sound of this post although you will
never forget (how can you, how can any feeling person?) I get the impression
you are over the 'hump'. (OK! Sorry, forgive me, forgive me, I am really
sorry, I just had to say that and I certainly don't mean to trivialise
anything about your feelings or give offense, I've been there, but you know
what I mean. Just could not resist the double play).

For your confidence remember that you are bringing up kids, you are able to
bring them up, not everyone can cut it so that should give you some
confidence. Remember you are not 'nothing' and you are certainly important
enough to your ex for him to try to attack by blaming, you are able to give
your kids a physical home as well as the even more important 'home' you give
them with you. You are posting to this group, to the world, and you have the
confidence to say things and express your opinions. Hey Col, talk yourself
up as much as possible.

Andrew

Old January 7th 04, 08:10 PM
Dennis Here

Andrew wrote in message ...

Also for the first time in a year my daughter
wet herself again. Coincidence?

No. Freddie still does this after a visit to his mother. A week in Italy
with me and no problems, back from mother and he has "leaked" in his pants
today.
Six weeks with me in Oz last year, all in strange beds with no waterproof
sheets and not so much as a squirt. Back from a visit to mothers for a few
days and a wet bed two night in a row.
Not a coincidence. Sort of makes you wonder what goes through their minds
doesn't it?

Dennis

Old January 7th 04, 10:44 PM
Tiffany

Dennis Here youreply
wrote in message ...

Andrew wrote in message ...

Also for the first time in a year my daughter
wet herself again. Coincidence?

No. Freddie still does this after a visit to his mother. A week in Italy
with me and no problems, back from mother and he has "leaked" in his pants
today.
Six weeks with me in Oz last year, all in strange beds with no waterproof
sheets and not so much as a squirt. Back from a visit to mothers for a few
days and a wet bed two night in a row.
Not a coincidence. Sort of makes you wonder what goes through their minds
doesn't it?

Dennis

Have you all ever looked into that? Just to kinda see what it is that makes
that happen?