OT...my mom

Old August 26th 06, 09:47 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default OT...my mom

'Kate wrote:
On 25 Aug 2006 15:52:53 -0700, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

I'm thinking Dallas/Fort Worth is not so close to Houston , sux

four to five hours driving.. about an hour in the leer. Too bad I don't
have one.

LOL! yes not a day trip there, not that I am not willing to drive long
distance drove to Massachusetts from P.A. for Grief Groups reunion two
years ago, we rented a fast Black Chevy, if I recall correctly we did
it in 6-7 hours ! Stayed for about a week I think , we all went out to
provincetown for a day trip and had a fantastic time, that was when I
met Steve in person .

and one
of these days though, it would be really nice to see you. I dont know
if you recall way back another place in time when I was gonna take a
trip to Houston for my Mom's brothers "USS HOUSTON" survivors ceremony.
He was a POW during WW2 . He passed away August 6th, 2006.

sorry to hear. He was one of the old guard then. Not too many WW2
survivors left now.

Here is a site you might find interesting

http://usshouston.org/ship2.htm

Otto Schwarz

My Uncle is pictured on the left hand column down about half the way,
He had gone blind from the malnutrician he suffered as a POW. I can
remember sitting on the edge of my seat as a child listening to his
stories....... and also being sad and angry about what he went through.

She was supposed to be traveling with my sister to Virginia for the
Military service for him on Sept. 7th kinda sux she will not be able to
be there.

.............argh!
Bev

yeah, it doesn't sound like she'll be up and around by then but one can
hope. People are amazing... they defy timelines and science. You never
can tell what's going to happen so I'm hoping for the best for you and
yours.

'K

Thanks...... I am hoping that she comes back from this one soon, the
longer there is not improvement and now with a damn fall involved I am
worried/scared. My sister is freaking out about her possibly being bed
ridden, My sister is the baby of our family even at 30 something she
has a rough time coping with the what ifs that she has flying through
her head. What if she dies...what if she is bed ridden...what if what
if what if...I just said "We will deal with the what ifs when the what
ifs arrive" Mom has been up and down sick since she was 35-40 years old
I remember all of this, there were several times I thought she was a
goner and never in my imagination did I ever expect dad to go first.
She has amazed many to have survived to almost 70 years old. I do
believe she is tired of being sick. I know if this were me I would
be.....
Bev

Old August 27th 06, 03:15 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On 26 Aug 2006 06:47:51 -0700, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

snip.....
Ok... this is what I think you may need to do... make sure that one of
you has the right to review your mother's medical records. Your mother
will need to OK that now, while she still can. Don't let it wait.
Usually, the hospital has the forms but if not, you can find them
online. Someone, probably you, will need to talk to the doctor in
charge. You have to get the straight dope from him. A good question to
ask is, "If this was your mother, and you were in my position, what
would you do?" If you get any kind of a funny feeling from him/her, it's
time to find a new doc. You have a limited amount of time. You need to
know how things are straight up, without the mumbo jumbo. What's
possible and what's probable regarding her care and condition. If
they're looking at the potential of her dying, you guys need to know
that so that you and your mother can make quality of life decisions. You
need to know what your mother wants with regard to life saving and
prolonging measures.

Thanks really good info...I especially like the Question to ask the Doc
in charge .
Ya know it is possible my sister has this permission already I am not
sure but thanks for the heads up I will make sure if not that we get
that taken care of.

snip

http://www.doctoryourself.com/congestive.html
that's the quick one that google brought up.

Thanks for the link . I was talking to my sister while I was slaving at
the laundromat (yea I said laundromat) landlord wont allow washer ,
next place we will have a washer 'cause this is insane! Anyway....I was
telling her about what you said about the magnesium and potassium being
related to the CHF and she said ahhhhhh yea they gave her potassium
today . She had no idea and apparently she is not asking! She did say
she is glad I am coming out because she doesn't know what to ask. She
said my mother told the doctor that Sargeant Slaughter is on her
way......last time I heard that was when my dad was sick...... oh well
at least she warned them smile

snip

We've done Airtran. They're American Airlines... a subsidiary? Something
like that.

this will be only my 4th flight in my life,

ah, you'll be ok. Do carry-on any meds with lables. If they lose
something in transit, you'll have what you need with you.

Now that makes me feel oh so much better! American Airlines that I have
even flown on before! I am jampacking a carryon duffle type bag so I
dont have to check in any other luggage.

snip.....
The reply to will bounce.
If you have my webpage bookmarked, the email's on there.
'K

yep I did save that, I'll go and send that to ya now I have Verizon
....use to have Cingular but that was because AT&T sold me to them and
boy did they P/O Sargeant Slaughter !
thanks Kate...... I appreciate your friendship.
Bev

Old August 29th 06, 10:48 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default OT...my mom...brief up-date

Bev wrote:
Mom is back in the hospital . She is in congestive heart failure due to
complications from COPD. Apparently there are also blood clots
somewhere in either her aortic valve (mechanical) and or lungs. Since
mom can not lie flat and breathe........argh o.k. sister just Im'd me
mom just fell in the bathroom at the hospital and hit her head, looks
like she was allowed to get up to go there....sometimes I just dont
understand......my sis is on her way to the hospital to check on mom ,
she talked to her on the phone and says she does not sound right. I'll
be flying out as soon as sis finds me a flight, I need to help her
figure this out and see my mom.
Bev

Things just are not what they seemed.........she will be o.k. and it is
not at this point , so far a life threat. It appears she is although
quite the threat to herself!
I will also add that there are some issues with her care. I just wanted
to not leave ya'all hangin ........whatever! I am in stitches half the
time listening to my sis let her texan accent loose on me LOL! she
tried so hard not to cause she knows how I am! I'll get back to "yous
guys "soon grinDats the jersey Ya'all just in case you didn't
know.......