Foster father sentenced to 30 years for shaking infant, causing herto lose sight and ability to walk

Old March 1st 08, 06:53 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Dan Sullivan

Default Foster father sentenced to 30 years for shaking infant, causingher to lose sight and ability to walk

On Mar 1, 11:05 am, Greegor wrote:
On Mar 1, 9:52 am, LK wrote:

On Mar 1, 10:32 am, Dan Sullivan wrote:

On Mar 1, 12:42 am, Greegor wrote:

Why is it that when asked how much your
state (Nebraska) pays for Foster Care
reimbursement that you never ponied up any figures, Ron?

You can post the figures, greg.

http://www.childrensrights.org/site/....swf?docID=421

http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/socwork/n...ster-care-main...

Have you seen the recent campaign to jack up the rates?

Have you, greg?

Post the links and info.

It sure is convenient for Family Rights people that
they actually made the base dollar amounts public!

If the info is public why don't YOU post the info instead of asking
other people to post it, greg?

Where do you think the motivation for this comes from Ron?

It's public information.

Thanks, LK!

Les is more! LOL

No, Les is a morON.

He did what you should have done... but never do.

Post the info yourself!
Old March 2nd 08, 01:30 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
dragonsgirl

"LK" wrote in message
On Mar 1, 4:29 am, "dragonsgirl" wrote:
"Greegor" wrote in message

On Feb 25, 12:17 am, LindaLouMom
wrote:
I do not know what state you are from but Here in Ohio..I sit and
watch so many children DIE at the hands of their bio family
because
the system refuses to take the children.

A child is more likely to be abused, mollested or die in the hands
of
the state. And I highly doubt you sit there watching children die.

My neighbor had 3 children...5yrs, 15mo
months, 3 months...left the 5 year old to watch every night while
she
went to the bars...I have went into her house night after night
and
took the kids into my house. I called the CPS every single time.
They
visit ask questions then give bio mom a case plan to work on..a
day
or
two later I have the kids again. 2 of the children were born
toxic..did they remove the children HELL NO. Guess who has the
children now..NOT BIO and not CPS. I just took them one day and
have
had them for almost 13 months. ( 5year old knows the ratio of
water
powder formula when making a bottle)
I am not a foster parent nor am I a worker. I am a bio mom of 4
and
teacher. I do not get the funds foster parents get, I do not get
any
financial help from anyone for keeping these 3 children safe. Bio
mom
calls once or twice a month to ask about "her babies" and says
tell
them I love them. WHATEVER!!

Maybe you could take the real mother to court for child support.

In my position as a teacher in the inner city, I see abuse
committed
by bio family DAILY. I call CPS every time I see things and hear
things from the children that is not right. Do they ever get
removed?
NO! One little boy bruised from head to toe because I called
about
him
talking too much in class. Services came to school, took pictures
and
called mom to the building and questioned her, she said He needs
learn to follow rules and he just bruises easy....he was released
her even though she admitted she is the one who caused the
bruises.

I am not sure how other other states run the system but here in
ohio
the system favors the bio families, even when they have caused
much
harm to the children.

You know, Linda, maybe you came from this perfect middle class
family. Maybe you have a wonderful view of childhood and what it
should be like. Maybe you sit there watching television only to
see
the most horriffic acts of abuse being committed by only the most
horrible of parents. As a teacher, I'm sure you come into contact
with many children. If you are a teacher in a poor neighborhood
perhaps it is more likely that you see kids who come from less
then
perfect worlds. But don't exagerate that which you can not prove.
And do not commit to an ultimate solution that just does not work
for
the children.

You will have people like my buddy Ron here, who will swear up and
down that the foster care system is the best thing for many of
these
kids. Yet they get these kids, bounce them around from home to
home
as if they're puppies. They're always trying to figure out what
they
are going to do with these kids once they're in the system. Some
get
adopted into loving homes. Great. Others end up aging out of the
system with no family ties, bonds or social support. Lots of them
are medicated heavily with psychiatric drugs that they just don't
need.

There are more than half a million children and youth in the U.S.
foster care system, a 90% increase since 1987. Three of 10 of the
nation's homeless are former foster children. A recent study has
found
that 12-18 months after leaving foster ca
27% of the males and 10% of the females had been incarcerated
33% were receiving public assistance
37% had not finished high school
50% were unemployed

*Casey Family Programs National Center for Resource Family Support

Children in foster care are three to six times more likely than
children not in care to have emotional, behavioral and
developmental
problems, including conduct disorders, depression, difficulties in
school and impaired social relationships. Some experts estimate
that
about30% of the children in care have marked or severe emotional
problems. Various studies have indicated that children and young
people in foster care tend to have limited education and job
skills,
perform poorly in school compared to children who are not in
foster
care, lag behind in their education by at least one year, and have
lower educational attainment than the general population.

*Casey Family Programs National Center for Resource Family Support

80 percent of prison inmates have been through the foster care
system.

*National Association of Social Workers

Children are 11 times more likely to be abused in State care than
they
are in their own homes.

*National Center on Child Abuse and Neglect (NCCAN)

Children died as a result of abuse in foster care 5.25 times more
often than children in the general population. 2.1 percent of all
child fatalities took place in foster care. While this may seem
like
relatively low number, we must consider the contrast in population
between children in the general population versus children in
foster
care. In 1997, there were nearly 71 million children in the
general
population (99.6%), but only 302 thousand in state care (.4%) in
state
care. As state care is supposed to be a 'safe haven', the number
of
fatalities should be less or at least equal to what it is in the
general population of children. By this standard, there should
have
been less than .4% of child fatalities occurring in foster care,
however, there was 5.25 times that amount. (31 states reporting)

*CPS Watch Inc.

Please, povide links to the above statement so that their accuracy
can
be
verified.

Ron

Do the math.

*Somehow I am not one bit surprised that you avoided that. Not one
bit.
Could be because your belief's and opinions have absolutely no
supporting
facts. Could also be because knowing that CPSWatch is a massively
biased
and a well known pervayor of misleading statements that skewing or
spin
the
available facts. Could also be that you rarely support your
statements.
Any or all, they are all stronger possibilities than the idea that you
have
actually decided to meet the obligations of someone with an opinion in
this
forum and support your statements.

Ron

Ron buddy
Let me ask you a question. Have you even looked at my site? Have you
ever even seen it? Do you have any idea of the work I've done on it,
the research I've put into it or of the knowledge I actually do have
about the things that are going on in the system? Do you even
remotely have a clue as to how the system is failing children and
families? Have you been following allong with the current events
regarding child protective and foster care at all lately? Do you know
about the major overhauls of DHS in some states or how Oaklahoma,
Micigan and Oregon are all currently being sued by a major childrens
rights groups? Did you know that they are trying to change things so
that a foster child doesn't age out of the system until age 21 instead
of 18, becasue lots of kids just aren't ready to be on their own at
18? Do you really know what's going on in the system? Or are you
just spewing **** out of your mouth like a typicol foster contractor
who is trying to keep himself in a job, without actually knowing a
goddamn thing based on a single set of facts that tells nothing of any
debth such as severity of the abuse suffered comparitavely amongst
these children etc? Because there are all kinds of facts on my site
Ron, sources all cited. Hundreds of links with lots and lots and lots
of facts and stories and studies and reports. My site goes a lot
deeper into the system and how it works and the damage it has caused
to children and families then anything you have ever done or said or
would admit to or discussed in this group. So here it is Ron

http://www.LegallyKidnapped.blogspot.com

go check it out, look at how
ALL of my sources are all cited. Watch some of the videos. Read some
of the stories, etc. Spend a little bit of time there. Lets see if
you really have an "open mind" like you claim you do. Check and see
how you have to go to the original sources to read the entire articles
etc. Then come back and spew your bull**** about your facts all you
want, but don't try to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking
about without seeing for yourself what I am talking about. Hell Ron,
I'd even invite you to leave a comment, so you can prove that you've
been there. Leave your honest opinion in the comments section
regarding anything I've posted to my blog. Then lets compair my facts
to yours.

Do you have any good lessons for Ron about RATIOS?

***Greg, I'd like to ask you, are you impressed with Les' edu-ma-cation?
Do
you really believe that Les is someone capable of giving anyone else a
'lesson'?
Is that 'typicol' of your opinion?
At least KRP's litter posts are obviously typoes.
I think if Ron could learn something, anything, from someone else, he'd
pick
someone with a little more basic intelligence and a whole lot of personal
experience.

Betty Darling

Is there anything specific on my site which you'd like to dispute the
validity of? After all, it's not like you system sucks actually look
into anything before passing judgment.

And you know that my buddy Ron won't bother to look either. He
doesn't have the balls to look beyond the single set of documents he's
been defending for years. It would force him to reconsider his
argument.

***Nope, not a thing.
I did look, and it's a collection of articles that present your point of
view, and only that.
What's to dispute?
That's what you think, big deal.

Old March 2nd 08, 01:33 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
dragonsgirl

Default Betty picks on LK's spelling as indicative of ignorance

"Greegor" wrote in message
[...]

G Do you have any good lessons for Ron about RATIOS?

BW Greg, I'd like to ask you, are you impressed
BW with Les' edu-ma-cation?

G His name is not Les.
G You can't even call him by the right name.

BW I choose to call him Les, and he has
BW no complaints about it. Why do you care?

Goes to your credibility.

***Such as when you call me by names that aren't mine, accuse me of being in
a profession I am not?

G "The beginning of all wisdom is getting
G things by their right name." Confucious

BW Do you really believe that Les is someone
BW capable of giving anyone else a 'lesson'?
BW Is that 'typicol' of your opinion?

G Are you confusing spelling errors with ignorance?

BW Hoooo-kay...so what would YOU call
BW someone who can't communicate in
BW their own language?

Are you talking about bureaucratese or agency speak?

Or are you pretending that spelling a few words
wrong makes him inferior, especially to you?

****I'm not 'pretending' anything. I was simply pointing to either lack of
intelligence or lack of education.
Surely it's simply one or the other.

BW At least KRP's litter posts are obviously
BW typoes. I think if Ron could learn something,
BW anything, from someone else, he'd pick
BW someone with a little more basic intelligence
BW and a whole lot of personal experience.

G Exactly why "LK" is qualified in that regard.

BW So, Les is a foster parent then?

Tell me, Betty, do you REALLY think that
bureaucracy is the only experience that counts?

****What experience, specifically, qualifies Les to judge?
Be precise, I wouldn't want to miss it.
If it's even remotely like your experience as a parent then this should be
good.

Old March 2nd 08, 05:49 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Ron

"Greegor" wrote in message
On Feb 29, 2:05 pm, "Ron" wrote:
"LK" wrote in message

On Feb 25, 6:20 pm, "Ron" wrote:

"LK" wrote in message

[...]

I am not a foster parent nor am I a worker. I am a bio mom of 4 and a
teacher. I do not get the funds foster parents get, I do not get any
financial help from anyone for keeping these 3 children safe. Bio mom
calls once or twice a month to ask about "her babies" and says tell
them I love them. WHATEVER!!

Maybe you could take the real mother to court for child support.

In my position as a teacher in the inner city, I see abuse committed
by bio family DAILY. I call CPS every time I see things and hear
things from the children that is not right. Do they ever get removed?
NO! One little boy bruised from head to toe because I called about
him
talking too much in class. Services came to school, took pictures and
called mom to the building and questioned her, she said He needs to
learn to follow rules and he just bruises easy....he was released to
[...]

child fatalities took place in foster care. While this may seem like a
[...]

*I have, several times gregg. I'm not going to do your research for you,
find out for yourself. Its in the google archives.

Have you seen the recent campaign to jack up the rates?

*Nope

It sure is convenient for Family Rights people that
they actually made the base dollar amounts public!

*Base dollar amount. $222/month. Yeah, that covers a lot now dosent it
gregg.

Where do you think the motivation for this comes from Ron?

*Certainly not the reimbursement. Where did your motiviation to abuse
Lisa's daughter come from?

Ron