Shampoo for children

Old January 2nd 04, 01:44 AM
Marie

Default Shampoo for children

FWIW, my babies have used Johnson's Head to Toe body wash as both soap and
shampoo since they were in the NICU as preemies: we've never had a problem
and, unlike a lot of baby products, the scent doesn't bother me (I'm
allergic to most fragrances).

Marie
Chris and Alex--born 04/23/03 at 31wks gestational :-)
Meet the Kidlets at http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/mmcw2

"P. Tierney" wrote in message

"laurie" wrote in message
I agree that Johnson's is terrible,

How is it terrible? I've missed the boat on this one.

P. Tierney

Old January 2nd 04, 02:21 PM
Sophie

Following up to myself -

After I bought the Aveeno stuff, it occurred to me that Aveeno is a
Johnson's and Johnson's brand. It'll be interesting to see if it really
makes a difference.

My DS had rather bad congestion last night and I gave him a bath using the
J&J Soothing Vapors Baby Bath. It seemed to really help him breathe
better. So, a little rave for J&J there.

Manda

Aveeno is great. My oldest has eczema and prescription Elidel didn't do
anything. It went away cos I used those oatmeal bath packets and Aveeno
lotion. I think I used Aveeno liquid bath stuff too - worked well.

Old January 2nd 04, 04:49 PM
thumper

Sophie wrote:

Following up to myself -

After I bought the Aveeno stuff, it occurred to me that Aveeno is a
Johnson's and Johnson's brand. It'll be interesting to see if it really
makes a difference.

My DS had rather bad congestion last night and I gave him a bath using the
J&J Soothing Vapors Baby Bath. It seemed to really help him breathe
better. So, a little rave for J&J there.

Manda

Aveeno is great. My oldest has eczema and prescription Elidel didn't do
anything. It went away cos I used those oatmeal bath packets and Aveeno
lotion. I think I used Aveeno liquid bath stuff too - worked well.

YMMV, though!

I am pretty sure an allergy to the Aveeno baby lotion is what led to my
DS's eczema. He had no reaction to the baby wash or the creamy soap
stuff (which, by the way, is great for cleaning dirty bottoms at home or
away since it doesn't need water). I was so sure it wasn't the lotion
because all the other Aveeno products were ok. Dumb mom moment. He
also couldn't use J&J anything. We used Dove for sensitive skin and the
Aveeno wash. And lubed him up twice a day with vaseline/eucerin
cream/water. Did the trick :-)
Old January 2nd 04, 06:15 PM
dragonlady

In article ,
thumper wrote:

Sophie wrote:

[...]

When DS had problems with eczema, I just stopped using soap at all.
Plain water works pretty well (most of the time) to get skin clean. I
cut back on the number of baths he got, and used a good skin cream (I
forget which one -- now he uses vaseline intensive care, but he's 18 and
only has occassional problems with his skin.)

One of my aunts with very sensitive skin never used soap or cleansing
products of any sort, didn't wear makeup, and stayed out of the sun. At
70-something, her skin is absolutely amazing!
meh

Old January 2nd 04, 10:08 PM
Karen

ospam (laurie) wrote in message ...

We've used the "bedtime lotion" after baths and it has worked
as planned. I'm still curious to know about the experiences of
others, and what others use. This is probably one of those
products that I buy without thinking a whole lot about it.

P. Tierney

Since I had such bad luck with Johnson's, I use Baby Magic for Christopher, but
it has to be a certain one. There's one I can't stand the smell of. The one I
like is a clear bottle but has pink on it, not just yellow. The yellow one is
yucky IMHO. I also like the Baby Magic Milk bath one, smells nice.

Last week the store didn't have any Baby Magic, and all the Johnson's one smell
so yummy, so I got a bottle of the Lavendar one. Well I usually bathe the kids
together and wouldn't you know it, poor little Jessica's bum is now covered
with excema. Took me a few days to realize, DUH, it was the Johnson's. So I'll
use it for just Christopher baths, as it doesn't seem to bother him, but I
won't buy it again.

I do love the way their products smell though. Can you tell I have a thing for
smell?

The other thing I use is Burt's Bees Buttermilk Baby Bath.

Back when I had friends working for J&J I used all their stuff-I got
it for practically free. The 2-1 shampoo's were always fine and Iiked
their 'lavender' products but I never cared for any of the soaps or
lotions.
I LOVE Burt's Shampoo Bar and Baby Oil (which is mostly sweet almond
oil). I massage Ben with the oil after his baths and he smells SO
GOOD.
We use a lot of Burt's products-they are far and away the least
aggravating of dry skin and eczema for my crew.
When I first started using Burt's products I really didn't like the
scent but it has definitely grown on me over the last couple years.

karen
Old January 7th 04, 04:38 AM
laurie

Following up to myself -

After I bought the Aveeno stuff, it occurred to me that Aveeno is a
Johnson's and Johnson's brand. It'll be interesting to see if it really
makes a difference.

Interesting, Jessica had problems with Aveeno too (which surprised me).

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 8 months
Old January 7th 04, 04:40 AM
laurie

We use a lot of Burt's products-they are far and away the least
aggravating of dry skin and eczema for my crew.
When I first started using Burt's products I really didn't like the
scent but it has definitely grown on me over the last couple years.

karen

The buttermilk bath is a bit strong at first but settles down after the water
dilutes it. And yeah, it does smell just like almonds and buttermilk combined,
now that you mention it!