Thanks Charles...was... Rant: Over indulgent parents strike again

Old January 11th 04, 11:21 PM
Kane

Default Thanks Charles...was... Rant: Over indulgent parents strike again

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:51:25 GMT, Charles Soto
wrote:

It's not like I'm going to ask your permission, Charles...but this
post was just stolen by me for the insight and thoughfulness, as well
as wit I found in it. I especially like the referrance to those that
can buy liquor suddenly having certain rights. R R R humor

Love it...and thanks...you will see this in alt.parenting.spanking
soon enough. Can't wait for the child pounders crowd to see it.

Kane

(Roger Dodger) wrote:

IMHO, much of this is caused by anti-educational schools that
promote feel-good "self-esteem" and "socialization" over academics.

I can suggest the following improvements:

1. Separate sports/jocks from school, just like religion. A good
many bullies (but not the ones who are troublemakers) are

jocks.

Probably not with actual jocks. They're too busy schmoozin' on the
hotties to bully. ITYM the jock wannabees.

2. Re-academize schools.

Academies are for rich kids. Replace substance with "tradition" and

you
give the twits something to be proud of.

3. Bring back a certain amount of tracking. Maybe self-tracking.

We already track. Rich white kids go to "gifted and talented," while
the colored kids go to "special ed."

4. Have a civil moral code, separate from any religious one.
Force and fraud are wrong, and need to be punished. The only
allowable force is self-defense.

We already do, except for some stupid reason, it doesn't apply to

anyone
who can't buy liquor legally yet. Apparently, that lone fact

entitles
you to any rights.

5. Discipline based on the above.

Adults need discipline every bit as much.

6. Eliminate compulsory attendance, if even past a certain age.
Thugs seldom want to be in school, and resent it, and act out
their resentment by picking on real students.

Fine with me. Somebody's gotta make my quarter pounders.

And beyond school, for society itself:

6. Encourage personal responsibility.

That's too expensive. No way am I gonna pay for that

7. Revamp civil law, make it harder to sue, allow judges more
discretion re. frivolous lawsuits.

Many lawsuits are frivolous, or yet another form of bullying the
productive people. They cost money, and especially time.

Fanatics,
tribalists, social crusaders, and other such busybodies have plenty
of time. Not so productive people.

You elect the idiots who write in mandatory sentencing laws.

Charles