Las Vegas NV, I-Team: Inaction by Child Protective Services in Caseof 2 Young Girls Diagnosed With STD....

Old August 21st 07, 07:04 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default Las Vegas NV, I-Team: Inaction by Child Protective Services in Caseof 2 Young Girls Diagnosed With STD....

I-Team: Inaction in Case of 2 Young Girls Diagnosed With STD

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6961129

Sexually transmitted diseases are generally considered the kind of
problem that is kept private. Unless it's your child is diagnosed with
the disease. Local police and CPS workers recently investigated how two
little girls wound up with Gonorrhea.

No suspects were identified, no arrests were made and no action was taken.

This is a story that will not include the names or faces of the people
involved. It's Eyewitness News policy to protect the victims of sexual
abuse under most circumstances. Despite those limitations, it was felt
that you should know that two little girls in our community were
diagnosed with Gonorrhea and no one can figure out where they got it.

Though we can't show you their faces, two sisters beam with the same
awkward yet charming grin found in many school pictures. But behind
their smiles may lie a dark secret no child should have to keep. A
doctor recently diagnosed both of them with Gonorrhea, a sexually
transmitted disease.

Their dad has court-ordered visitation with his daughters twice a month.
"Obviously something happened to them and I don't want that to happen
again," he said.

Doctors are required by law to report STd's in children to the local
authorities. In this case, both Clark County Child Protective Services
and the Henderson Police Department opened investigations. The diagnosis
alone is considered evidence of sexual abuse.

Dr. Lisa Glasser is a pediatrician. "The hard thing is that when it's a
child, it's difficult for us to want to believe or even think about how
such abuse would occur. But just as it's a sexually transmitted disease
in adults, it's a sexually transmitted disease in children."

According to the girls' father, he learned of the diagnosis when a CPS
investigator called to notify him. He claims the investigator told him
the case would be closed because the girls did not disclose any abuse.

Silence among victims is not uncommon says Dr. Glasser. "They're scared,
and they don't want to say anything and they've most probably been told
by the perpetrator you'd better not say anything or they've been coerced
into secrecy in some way."

Henderson Police too interviewed the girls with the same result,
according to the incident report. And discussions with family members
failed to identify a suspect.

A homeless man lived in the house for a while though police couldn't
find him. And a previous unfounded sexual abuse allegation against the
step-father prompted detectives to ask him to take a polygraph exam.
Though he initially agreed, the report notes he changed his mind on his
attorney's advice.

Right about now you're probably wondering if anybody tested the adults
in these girls' lives. The answer is -- not that we know of. Police
can't force anyone to test without a court order and though they can
ask, it wasn't done in this case.

Gonorrhea is easily treated within 48 hours and the police investigation
didn't begin until three days after the initial diagnosis, so a negative
test wouldn't necessarily mean much.

Child Protective Services could also ask for cooperation, though we
wouldn't know if it had because its records are confidential. The agency
did say the case is still being reviewed.

But based on CPS policy, it seems unlikely it will remain open unless
someone tells what happened. Henderson Police closed its investigation
for the same reason. Without a possible suspect, the detective ran out
of leads.

Little consolation for a father desperate for someone to help him
protect his children. "They're babies. I just don't understand how
things like this can happen to kids and nobody will do nothing."

You may have noticed the girls' mother is absent from this story. After
initially agreeing to speak with the I-Team, she referred us to her
lawyer, David Rahm. Rahm never returned our phone calls. The girls
remain at home with their mother.

Without any evidence a caregiver is abusing the girls, CPS says it has
no reason to take them into protective custody. According to the
Henderson Police report, both households -- Mom's and Dad's -- have a
history with Child Protective Services.

CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A
DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NSA / CIA
WIRETAPPING PROGRAM....

CPS Does not protect children...
It is sickening how many children are subject to abuse, neglect and even
killed at the hands of Child Protective Services.

every parent should read this .pdf from
connecticut dcf watch...

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com/8x11.pdf

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com

Number of Cases per 100,000 children in the US
These numbers come from The National Center on
Child Abuse and Neglect in Washington. (NCCAN)
Recent numbers have increased significantly for CPS

*Perpetrators of Maltreatment*

Physical Abuse CPS 160, Parents 59
Sexual Abuse CPS 112, Parents 13
Neglect CPS 410, Parents 241
Medical Neglect CPS 14 Parents 12
Fatalities CPS 6.4, Parents 1.5

CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES, HAPPILY DESTROYING HUNDREDS OF INNOCENT
FAMILIES YEARLY NATIONWIDE AND COMING TO YOU'RE HOME SOON...

BE SURE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOUR CANDIDATES STANDS ON THE ISSUE OF
REFORMING OR ABOLISHING CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES ("MAKE YOUR CANDIDATES
TAKE A STAND ON THIS ISSUE.") THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE ACCORDINGLY IF THEY
ARE "FAMILY UNFRIENDLY" IN THE NEXT ELECTION...