36 weeks and people's reactions

Old March 14th 04, 04:43 PM
Karen

Default 36 weeks and people's reactions

Thanks for your comments. I think at this point the baby is just playing
at engaging, and stops that nonsense within a few minutes. The baby
being head down already though gives me a great excuse to not have to do
my absolutely least favorite pose in yoga class anymore!

I do know that a good part of my size is that have a lot of amniotic
fluid, as I did with ds, and I also likely have a pretty big placenta.
Ds' was pretty big, dh seems to remember the professionals on the scene
being a bit surprised at the look of it.

Ds came about 5 days before due date, and I know this baby will come
when it's supposed to.

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 3/4 and someone due 4/24/04-

Old March 14th 04, 11:29 PM
aml

melbgal1 wrote in message et...
Went to a Race Day today. It was sponsored by my company ( an annual
family day ) with a marqyee and spit roast and salads and pony rides for
the kids and etc.

So of course, my belly gains much attraction, but when people find out
i'm "due" in 4weeks ?
*Horror*

"Are you sure you don't want my seat"
"Are you feeling ok, do you need to sit down, can I get you a drink ?"
"It could happen any minute now, you sure are brave coming out today "
( ??????)
"Are you *sure* you're feeling ok ?"

So i'm looking and feeling as well as ever, and even suggesting to
people that I think the baby's pretty happy inside and will probably go
over anyway,,,, blah blah blah .... but anyway, no-one would believe how
blase' I was ( denial ? and not-at-all anxious.

I just found it funny. I do feel as far away from B-Day as I did all
those months ago at conception, so maybe it is me that has the problem,
roaming around the countryside without my Obs/Gyn in tow

Two weeks before DS was born I was photographing and recording
historic buildings in a small downtown. It was the Fourth of July,
over 100 degrees fahrenheit, and I was a two hour drive from home.

I did my survey work regularly all the way through my pregnancy,
including the survey of a 20 acre property that had once been a quarry
site, and before that a mill. There were just a few dirt roads on the
property, none actually accessible by car.

And, I'm still at it this time. I usually do my work alone, but will
have to take the DH on my next survey since there aren't any good
places to park in the very "shady" area I need to survey. I have
already done some of the work...but was chased off by some untethered
Rottweilers.

aml
Old March 15th 04, 02:52 AM
Coccinella

People started the same pattern of behavior around me when I was 30 weeks.
People were also telling me that I would deliver much earlier than my EDD.
Well I still have 12 days to go and she hasn't even dropped!

--
Love

Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Fur Babies

Old March 15th 04, 02:52 PM
Sue

melbgal1 wrote in message
I'm actually wondering how far I will travel from home in the last two
weeks I am taking off work before the B-Day EDD.

I want to go to a warehouse outlet place that has some good kids lines
about 45mins driving away to shop and look and enjoy myself, and I
wonder if i'll want to be so far from home alone ?

And i'm hoping to get time for a pedicure - but I know 2 girls that
never made it to their appointments. Maybe that's the way to bring on
labour ? - book a pedicure ? g

Yep, just as soon as you make an appointment for something, the baby will
come. ;o)

If you do go into labor, chances are the contractions will be very mild at
first and you will have time to get home. If not, then maybe someone can
come get you?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old March 19th 04, 07:43 AM
melbgal1

says...

[...]

hehehe!!

i just dont get this from people... everyone asks 'how long have you got
left?'
i'll say '5 weeks' and they'll look at me with this weird look and go
'you're kinda small'
lmao!!

Well, I get that too. That's why all these people ( workmates and
families and customers who mostly know me ) were shocked at how little
time I had left Personally, I think i'm height/weight balanced.
The doctor says it's going to be a good sized baby for my size - just
right !

I can say that i really do enjoy having the smaller belly now, with all the
complaints i hear that everyone is having... being sore etc etc.

Exactly. With 3 weeks left to go, I feel no different than at
conception - except i've got a nice tight little basketball out front.

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004