Crampy diarrhoea

Old May 26th 04, 10:47 PM
Cathy

Default Crampy diarrhoea

I woke up last night with really nasty crampy diarrhoea. It lasted about an
hour, and then I managed to get back to sleep. Today I feel a bit nauseous,
but mostly o.k. Do I need to worry at all? I am 12 weeks pregnant, and
even though this is my second pregnancy, I feel so much more anxious than
last time. I tried contacting my midwife, but she is away.

I'm probably just being paranoid, but until I can see or hear a heartbeat, I
get the feeling I'm going to be a worry-wort!

Cathy

Old May 27th 04, 01:24 AM
db

"Cathy" wrote in message
I woke up last night with really nasty crampy diarrhoea. It lasted about

an
hour, and then I managed to get back to sleep. Today I feel a bit

nauseous,
but mostly o.k. Do I need to worry at all? I am 12 weeks pregnant, and
even though this is my second pregnancy, I feel so much more anxious than
last time. I tried contacting my midwife, but she is away.

I'm probably just being paranoid, but until I can see or hear a heartbeat,

get the feeling I'm going to be a worry-wort!

Cathy

You're pretty much describing my wife's symptoms (she's 8 weeks). She's had
diarrhoea off and on a couple of times and feels a bit nauseous now and then
but no throwing up. Only your midwife or OB will know for sure, but I think
you're fine.

Old May 27th 04, 05:03 AM
Alissa

"Cathy" wrote in message
I woke up last night with really nasty crampy diarrhoea. It lasted about

an
hour, and then I managed to get back to sleep. Today I feel a bit

nauseous,
but mostly o.k. Do I need to worry at all? I am 12 weeks pregnant, and
even though this is my second pregnancy, I feel so much more anxious than
last time. I tried contacting my midwife, but she is away.

I'm probably just being paranoid, but until I can see or hear a heartbeat,

get the feeling I'm going to be a worry-wort!

Cathy

I got it a few times in my 1st and second trimesters, don't think it was

related to the pregnancy, more someone elses cooking..lol..try not to worry,
says me who worries right up until I can see them with my own eyes...and
still keep worrying!
Alissa

Old May 27th 04, 07:03 AM
Cathy

db wrote:
"Cathy" wrote in message
I woke up last night with really nasty crampy diarrhoea. It lasted
about an hour, and then I managed to get back to sleep. Today I
feel a bit nauseous, but mostly o.k. Do I need to worry at all? I
am 12 weeks pregnant, and even though this is my second pregnancy, I
feel so much more anxious than last time. I tried contacting my
midwife, but she is away.

I'm probably just being paranoid, but until I can see or hear a
heartbeat, I get the feeling I'm going to be a worry-wort!

Cathy

You're pretty much describing my wife's symptoms (she's 8 weeks).
She's had diarrhoea off and on a couple of times and feels a bit
nauseous now and then but no throwing up. Only your midwife or OB
will know for sure, but I think you're fine.

Thanks! I sort of assumed I was fine, but wanted reassurance. I'll try and
contact my midwife tomorrow, just in case.

Cathy

Old May 27th 04, 07:06 AM
Cathy

Alissa wrote:
"Cathy" wrote in message
I woke up last night with really nasty crampy diarrhoea. It lasted
about an hour, and then I managed to get back to sleep. Today I
feel a bit nauseous, but mostly o.k. Do I need to worry at all? I
am 12 weeks pregnant, and even though this is my second pregnancy, I
feel so much more anxious than last time. I tried contacting my
midwife, but she is away.
Cathy

I got it a few times in my 1st and second trimesters, don't think it
was

related to the pregnancy, more someone elses cooking..lol..try not to
worry, says me who worries right up until I can see them with my own
eyes...and still keep worrying!
Alissa

I think I may have overindulged yesterday on avocado, so that could have
been the problem. I am someone who never gets ill (other than colds), so
things like this make me think the worst. I know what you mean about the
worrying. My midwife asked me why I am so anxious this time round. Last
time, it was only a concept of a baby - I didn't know what it would be
like. Now I know, and that makes me so much more concerned.

Thanks for your reply.

Cathy

Old May 27th 04, 02:48 PM
melizabeth

I had gastroenteritis in my second trimester. I just called the docs and
they were not concerned one bit Its probably more uncomfortable for you
than the kiddo. Just make the phone call to the midwife and then you can
relax

--
M~Elizabeth

To thine own self be true

Old May 27th 04, 04:23 PM
Ilse Witch

On Thu, 27 May 2004 09:47:06 +1200, Cathy wrote:

I woke up last night with really nasty crampy diarrhoea. It lasted about an
hour, and then I managed to get back to sleep. Today I feel a bit nauseous,
but mostly o.k. Do I need to worry at all?

No, this is no problem at all, just keep drinking enough fluids and if it
continues for another couple of days, see a doctor about this. The harm is
usually to your own body, the baby is very well protected. It is normal
for such things to take a bit longer to improve than when you're not
pregnant, but even a full-fledged stomach flu cannot do much harm (BTDT).

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)