Frustration assembling crib or stroller?

Old August 1st 04, 08:44 PM
joebanks

Default Frustration assembling crib or stroller?

I'm a journalist looking for anecdotes from people who've had trouble
putting together things like strollers and cribs because the
instructions are poorly written or because the item is more
complicated to assemble than they had thought.

If you have a story to share, please post or email me in confidence!

Thanks.

Old August 2nd 04, 11:34 PM
H Schinske

(joebanks) wrote in message
.com...
I'm a journalist looking for anecdotes from people who've had trouble
putting together things like strollers and cribs because the
instructions are poorly written or because the item is more
complicated to assemble than they had thought.

I don't think we can blame the instructions for the time we set the crib up
outside the room it was to go in, and then found it wouldn't go through the
door :-)

--Helen

Old August 3rd 04, 01:36 PM
Scott

H Schinske wrote:
(joebanks) wrote in message
e.com...

I'm a journalist looking for anecdotes from people who've had trouble
putting together things like strollers and cribs because the
instructions are poorly written or because the item is more
complicated to assemble than they had thought.

I don't think we can blame the instructions for the time we set the crib up
outside the room it was to go in, and then found it wouldn't go through the
door :-)

DD and DS's crib was difficult to assemble the first time,
but not horribly so. Then we moved, and it was a little
easier to assemble. Then we moved again and assembly
was a breeze.

Just when I figured out how to assemble it, we didn't need
it anymore

Scott DD 11 and DS 8

Old August 3rd 04, 04:51 PM
dragonlady

In article ,
Scott wrote:

H Schinske wrote:
(joebanks) wrote in message
e.com...

I'm a journalist looking for anecdotes from people who've had trouble
putting together things like strollers and cribs because the
instructions are poorly written or because the item is more
complicated to assemble than they had thought.

I don't think we can blame the instructions for the time we set the crib up
outside the room it was to go in, and then found it wouldn't go through the
door :-)

DD and DS's crib was difficult to assemble the first time,
but not horribly so. Then we moved, and it was a little
easier to assemble. Then we moved again and assembly
was a breeze.

Just when I figured out how to assemble it, we didn't need
it anymore

You could always have another baby . . . you know, just so the
knowledge of how to put up the crib won't go to waste . . .

Old August 3rd 04, 05:39 PM
Scott

dragonlady wrote:
In article ,
Scott wrote:

H Schinske wrote:

(joebanks) wrote in message
gle.com...

I'm a journalist looking for anecdotes from people who've had trouble
putting together things like strollers and cribs because the
instructions are poorly written or because the item is more
complicated to assemble than they had thought.

I don't think we can blame the instructions for the time we set the crib up
outside the room it was to go in, and then found it wouldn't go through the
door :-)

DD and DS's crib was difficult to assemble the first time,
but not horribly so. Then we moved, and it was a little
easier to assemble. Then we moved again and assembly
was a breeze.

Just when I figured out how to assemble it, we didn't need
it anymore

You could always have another baby . . . you know, just so the
knowledge of how to put up the crib won't go to waste . . .

laugh

When I visit friends with toddlers, I just marvel at
how I am *so* beyond that exhausting stage. It's very
nice, for example, to leave the kids alone in the house
while BH and I walk the dog. Or we can go to the pool,
and I don't have to hover over them (or worse -- spend
time in the kiddie pool shudder).

It's really nice having 2 pre-teens.

Scott DD 11 and DS 8

Old August 3rd 04, 07:21 PM
dragonlady

In article ,
Scott wrote:

dragonlady wrote:
In article ,
Scott wrote:

H Schinske wrote:

(joebanks) wrote in message
gle.com...

[...]

Next month, DH and I are leaving for 10 days. The kids will join us in
the middle of that, just for the weekend, but they will be in school so
they can't come with us for the whole time.

However, my "kids" are now 18 and 21. This will be the first time we've
left them all home alone, and I have to admit to being nervous about it
(for multiple reasons) -- but I am enjoying the increasing freedom.

Sometime Real Soon Now my 18 yo daughter should get her driver's
license. (Her twin brother has his, as does the 21 yo.) I think when
she does I'm going to throw my own Independence Day Party.

Babee Tenda crib WARNING... Chris Haviland Pregnancy 6 February 19th 04 09:21 PM
Baby survives after hit-and-run driver drags stroller a mile Le Mod Pol General 57 February 11th 04 11:17 PM
Crib opinion Jill Pregnancy 43 December 2nd 03 09:12 PM
double stroller advice needed Robert Huwe Pregnancy 1 July 17th 03 02:31 PM