Over Medicated and Over-Vaccinated: The Unintended Consequences of Medicines Meant to Protect

Old November 23rd 07, 03:37 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.nursing
Ilena Rose

Default Over Medicated and Over-Vaccinated: The Unintended Consequences of Medicines Meant to Protect

http://ilenarose.blogspot.com
Health Lover

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/200...s2g0u933we6sgF

Over Medicated and Over-Vaccinated: The Unintended Consequences of
Medicines Meant to Protect

Deirdre ImusMon Nov 19, 1:10 PM ET

Several important findings affecting our children's health were
reported in the past few months. All of them raising questions about
the unintended consequences of widely accepted medical treatments.

In September news reports about Prevnar, a vaccine developed to
protect against pneumonia in children, along with the overuse of
antibiotics, was "having the unfortunate effect of promoting new
superbugs that cause ear infections" that are resistant to all
antibiotic drugs approved for children.

A month later it was announced that once routinely recommended infant
and cold medications were being immediately and voluntarily recalled
by many of the country's largest drug companies because the products
were being "misused leading to overdosing," particularly in children 2
years and younger. In addition, physicians and public health officials
expressed concern that there were no studies demonstrating the
effectiveness of the medications.

In responding to the recall, Dr. Steven Czinn, chair of the department
of pediatrics, University of Maryland School of Medicine stated, "In
the 21st century, it is unacceptable to be marketing medication to
infants and children that may not work."

Are they kidding me? "No studies demonstrating the effectiveness of
these cold medications"? Don't we have a whole federal agency; the
Food and Drug Administration, whose job it is to make sure drugs are
safe and effective? If this data was available, why did it take 35
years to notify parents the medications they were giving their sick
children may not work? Where is the evidence-based science that should
have been here to prove safety and efficacy?

Just a few weeks ago another study called into question long
prescribed vaccination recommendations and added more "fuel to the
fire" in the on going controversy over our nation's immunization
policies.

Published in the New England Journal of Medicine [Nov. 8, 2007] the
study, funded by the U.S. Public Health Service, suggests we may want
to reevaluate and adjust our nation's current vaccination
recommendations.

Scientists from the Oregon Health & Science University found many of
the vaccines administered to millions of American's may be providing
immunity longer than what was first believed, making the need for some
booster shots unnecessary.

"Surprisingly, we found that immunity following vaccination with
tetanus and diphtheria was much more long-lived than anyone realized,
and that antibody responses following viral infections were
essentially maintained for life," stated lead author Dr. Mark Slifka,
a scientist at the Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute. The study also
found similar longer than expected immunity for several other
vaccines.

According to the study, "it [a booster shot] may just be unnecessary
under certain circumstances."

Logically, this would make sense. After all, if vaccines are
effective, one should not need another booster shot.

But our kids are getting a lot of booster shots...shots containing
heavy metals and viruses. Shots that a growing number of parents,
physicians and researchers believe could be contributing to the rise
of chronic illnesses and developmental disorders affecting our
children. If the booster shots are unnecessary because immunity is
present, why expose our children to these toxins?

If this study found there has been no increase in diseases in
countries that discontinued the booster shots, as was noted, why is
the current policy of over vaccinating our children continuing? Where
are the conflict-free studies that prove giving infants and children
49 immunizations - most of them by age 5, are safe and effective?

I'm also starting to think that we should follow the lead being set in
veterinary medicine. Studies have provided evidence that the
over-vaccination of dogs and cats can result in numerous maladies
including cancer, skin and ear conditions, arthritis, allergies,
diabetes, aggression, behavior problems and other immune system
dysfunctions.

There is even a name for the conditions caused by animal
over-vaccination, vaccinosis and it is note worthy to read what
veterinarians' say about over-vaccinating our pets.

"Vaccinosis is the reaction from common inoculations
(vaccines)...These reactions might take months or years to show up and
will cause undue harm to future generations."

"In a general and frightening context, I see the overall health and
longevity of animals deteriorating. The bodies of most animals have a
tremendous capacity to detoxify poisons, but they do have a limit."

These statements made by seasoned animal health professionals have an
eerie familiar ring to them. They bare a striking resemblance to what
parents of children suffering from autism and other neurodevelopmental
disorders have been claiming.

Why is it that veterinarians have a better appreciation of how
over-vaccinating with shots containing various toxins and viruses
might overload the immune system of the family pet but mainstream
physicians can't quite wrap their arms around such a logical premise
when it comes to our babies and young children? If vaccinosis can
cause maladies in animals, isn't it possible that like animals,
over-vaccinating our children might, not only be unnecessary, but may
be contributing to the rising rates of chronic diseases and
neurodevelopmental disorders affecting our children today?

It is also interesting to note that the mercury-containing
preservative [thimerosal] used in vaccines for over 50 years was
removed from animal vaccines back in 1992. Unfortunately for the kids,
it remained in children's vaccines for another decade and remains in
some vaccines like the influenza (25 micrograms) and tetanus vaccine
(25 micrograms) today and in trace amounts (3 micrograms) in some
immunizations.

Add this all up and there's still a lot of mercury being injected into
our children.

What most people don't realize is that any liquid waste containing
more than 200 parts per billion (ppb) mercury must be deposited at a
hazardous waste site and that drinking water cannot exceed 2 ppb
mercury. But when the influenza vaccines arrive and are injected into
pregnant woman and infants as young as six months, those vaccines
contain 50,000 ppb mercury. This is an amount that is 250 times higher
than hazardous waste. According to EPA guidelines, this amount of
mercury can only be considered safe if a person weighs 550 pounds.
Even trace amounts of mercury in vaccines can be anywhere from 600 to
2000 ppb.

The CDC and The Institute for Vaccine Safety claim there are "no
biological effects" from trace amounts (.3 micrograms) of mercury. So,
where are the evidenced based (conflict free) studies that prove the
safety of these "trace" amounts and proof that there are "no
biological effects" of any amount of mercury being injected into our
children and pregnant moms? Also, where are the evidence based studies
proving the safety of vaccines given to pregnant moms and our children
that contain other toxins such as aluminum and formaldehyde?

I do take issue with the NEJM study opinion that "over-vaccinating the
population poses no health or safety concerns". Where is the hard data
showing that giving vaccines, where immunity already exists... is not
harmful?

Thimerosal has been proven to be a carcinogen, immunotoxic, genotoxic,
nephrotoxic and neurotoxic. One study found thimerosal's lethal
toxicity to developing human neurons below 1 part per billion (Parran
et al., 2005). Another study concluded, "thimerosal...has been found
not only to render its primary toxic effect, but also capable of
changing the properties of cells. This fact suggests that the use of
thimerosal for the preservation of medical biological preparations,
especially those intended for children, is inadmissible." (Kravchenko
et al., 1983).

These and many other studies would suggest over-vaccinating, certainly
does pose some "health and safety concerns."

So here we have several recent findings that all contradict previously
long held medical beliefs and raise more questions about the
unintended consequences of overuse of some medications and over
vaccinating and perhaps the over marketing of these treatments by
pharmaceutical companies.

Far too often we are beginning to see physician prescribed drugs (like
Vioxx and thalidomide) and vaccines (like the whole cell DPT and
Rotovirus) thrust upon the public that are later found to be unsafe.

While physicians warn the public about the over use of antibiotics, it
is the physicians themselves that over-prescribed these antibiotics
for every ailment under the sun. And like antibiotics, every time a
new vaccine was developed, it quickly found its way onto the
immunization schedule along with the recommended booster shots. We are
now reaping the unintended consequences of the overuse of these
medical interventions. Instead of being healthier, we have a nation of
very sick children.

Let's open our eyes to what appears obvious to doctors treating
animals... we have allowed ourselves and our children to be overdosed
through a culture dominated by drug company marketing influence which
has now become dangerously out of control and detrimental to our
children's health.
Old November 23rd 07, 04:52 PM posted to misc.kids.health, misc.health.alternative, talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.nursing
[email protected]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/200...73300&printer=...

Over Medicated and Over-Vaccinated: The Unintended Consequences of
Medicines Meant to Protect

Let's open our eyes to what appears obvious to doctors treating
animals... we have allowed ourselves and our children to be overdosed
through a culture dominated by drug company marketing influence which
has now become dangerously out of control and detrimental to our
children's health.

Let's go one step further. Pasteur's germ theory of disease is
false. This has been scientifically proven by researchers such as
Bechamp, Estor, Enderlein, Rosenow, etc.
Bacteria can be involved in dis-ease but do not cause disease. The
virus is an excuse for the doc that there are no bacteria to blame
your illness upon. AIDS is a hoax, and bird flu is a joke.

When you learn the scientific truth the whole vaccine industry falls
on its face. You cannot engage in self poisoning and protect yourself
from dis-ease...you can only encourage dis-ease. The USA and the
world is being backrupted morally and financially by these greedy,
pill pushing, pus squirting, evil money mongers.

DrCee
Not a pharma shill
Not a member of the medical monopoly
Not a member of the church of modern medicine

Old November 24th 07, 03:07 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.nursing
Mark Probert

Ilena Rose wrote:
http://ilenarose.blogspot.com
Health Lover

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/200...s2g0u933we6sgF

Over Medicated and Over-Vaccinated: The Unintended Consequences of
Medicines Meant to Protect

Deirdre Imus

That is a wonderful source of medical information.

The wife of a has-been un-funny bigot who degrades women.
Old November 26th 07, 03:39 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.nursing
Yuri Kuchinsky

Default for DrCee ( Over Medicated and Over-Vaccinated

wrote in message
[...]

Hello, DrCee,

I have a question for you. If Pasteur's germ theory of disease is false,
then what about the sexually transmitted disease? How do we explain that? I
think STDs are a well documented fact, aren't they?

Regards,

Yuri.

Old November 27th 07, 12:30 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.nursing
D P Burns

"Yuri Kuchinsky" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

You have to understand that drceephd used to claim to have two Phd's in his
sig line until he was challenged. Since then he has no qualifications with
except to being a delusional turd.

Old November 27th 07, 12:44 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.nursing
Mark Probert

wrote in message
[...]

PUH-leese! Do not insult delusional turds.
Old November 27th 07, 12:51 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.nursing
Mark Probert

wrote in message
[...]

BTW, Yuri using a delusional turn as a source of information on vaccines
is an upgrading of Yuri's standards.
Old November 27th 07, 12:54 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.nursing
D P Burns

wrote in message
[...]

Wasn't it you that questioned the "turd" about 3 weeks ago, and say good on
you!

Old November 27th 07, 12:57 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.nursing
D P Burns

wrote in message
[...]

Sorry I should have known better to elevating him to that level.

Old November 27th 07, 01:05 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.nursing
Mark Probert

wrote in message
[...]

True. However, calling Chuckie a delusional turd insults delusional
turds. Remember, I can find a use for delusional turds. Chuckie is
another story.