OT - Birth announcement (2 weeks late)

Old July 21st 04, 01:38 PM
Sophie

Default OT - Birth announcement (2 weeks late)

For those who don't read MKP, here's my birth announcement.

Nolan Andrew was born on Tuesday, July 6, at 8:39 am, weighing 6 lbs 12
oz (exactly the same weight as Charlotte).

Everything went well except the spinal taking *6* tries, but after that all
went well. It didn't even take as long as the Dr thought it would. Hardly
any scar tissue, no organs were adhered to my incision (unlike last time).
My Dr now thinks he has an answer to what happened last time, with the
spinal. He figures I must have some kind of curvature to my spine that will
never ever bother me in any way, except when it comes to administering a
spinal. Kinda good to have an answer to that, but more importantly I'm glad
this time I had an anesthesiologist who cared, and had the guts to call
another Dr in to try it (who got it on his first try). Also I asked
afterwards how everything looked. He said to put it this way, everything was
healthy enough that we could have another. So I'm glad (not that we will)
that everything will heal fine.

All of the staff was great - before, during, and after (well except 1
b*tchy nursery nurse who I did file a complaint about). Afterwards I did
not have the shakes and was not freezing, like every other time. I did have
the itching but not so bad that my face cracked and peeled.

I did have to have my catheter re-inserted. Not sure what happened that I
would feel like I had to go, but then I felt like I was holding it, it
wasn't coming out. So felt much better after they fixed that. I did have
my incision bleed at one end for some reason. Apparently it's normal but
has never happened to me before. Then when I had the staples removed
(yesterday) my incision was kind of open on the other end so I'm being held
together by *lots* of tape on one end - lol.

Nolan was just a name I liked. Dylan didn't care for it but eventually it
was like the only name left we both thought was okay. Andrew is just a
boy's name we both liked but it's too common/popular for us to use as a
first name, and it's the name of a childhood friend of Dylan's. Magnus was
my real #1 boy name choice but Dylan said it was too ethnic. The minute I
told a couple of English friends the choice, Nolan Sisters was what they
immediately said, and they even sang their hit song. I don't know it
though - lol.

Our girl name was Beatrice Faith. No reason for Beatrice, we both just
liked it (although I did try one more time for either Evelyn or Josephine -
no go). Faith was to match Charlotte's middle name of Grace.

Surprisingly L is the most into the baby. He goes over to him all the time,
looks at his feet, he doesn't pat N's head though, it's like he's juicing a
lemon (a squeezey twisting motion - lol). P just looks us at any time he
goes to do something like "is it okay to do this?". C is like yeah
whatever, another brother. He doesn't get called Nolan too often, it's "the
new baby" - lol.

He looks just like L to us. His hair will rub off and come in blonde like
all the others. He already has blue eyes. Not one that looks like me

We're here - http//:www.mcgehees.com

Updated to add - I had my 2 week check-up yesterday. All is fine. I've
gone from 184 lbs to 168 lbs, with a goal of 140 lbs. Dylan goes away for
6-7 months soon and I hope to lose the weight while he's gone. Nolan has a
follow-up appointment today. Last week he had not re-gained his birth weight
(he was 6 lbs 7, he left the hospital at 6 lbs 6)so they wanted to see him
again. I think he's just on the thinner side like Charlotte and Lewis were
as babies. We have good nights (bed at 11 pm, up at 2 or 3 am for 30
minutes, then up at 6-7 am with the other 3 kids) and bad nights (up for 1.5
hrs in the middle of the night, just looking around, falling asleep just as
the other kids are getting up - lol). He's pretty much happy, getting lots
of kisses and attention from his sibs. Dynamics have changed a little. L
became really bratty but now he's pretty good. Seems so grown up, does a
lot for himself. P still isn't too interested. C wants to hold him all the
time, much more interested than she was, you'd never know it was brother #3.
And as for adding a 4th, all the people who said it wasn't so hard were
right. It *is* more work but it's not really hard like I thought it might
be.

Sophie - mom to 4 - still hard to believe - lol :0

Old July 21st 04, 01:57 PM
lizzard woman

"Sophie" wrote in message
| For those who don't read MKP, here's my birth announcement.
|
| Nolan Andrew was born on Tuesday, July 6, at 8:39 am, weighing 6 lbs 12
| oz (exactly the same weight as Charlotte).

Congratulations!

I don't read mkp any more but saw a few mentions that you were pregnant in
this group (which I read only sporadically any more having been sucked
inexorably into rec.eq.).

sharon

Old July 21st 04, 02:15 PM
LFortier

Congrats, Sophie! So glad everything is going so well for you.

When does Dylan go? :-(

And will P be going off to kindergarten next month?

Lesley

Old July 21st 04, 03:34 PM
Rosalie B.

"lizzard woman" wrote:

"Sophie" wrote in message
| For those who don't read MKP, here's my birth announcement.
|
| Nolan Andrew was born on Tuesday, July 6, at 8:39 am, weighing 6 lbs 12
| oz (exactly the same weight as Charlotte).

Congratulations!

I don't read mkp any more but saw a few mentions that you were pregnant in
this group (which I read only sporadically any more having been sucked
inexorably into rec.eq.).

Congratulations two

Sharon is rec.eq as busy as it used to be? If so, you'll have no time
for anything else.

grandma Rosalie
Old July 21st 04, 03:52 PM
lizzard woman

Rosalie B. wrote:
| "lizzard woman" wrote:

|| "Sophie" wrote in message
||| For those who don't read MKP, here's my birth announcement.
||| Nolan Andrew was born on Tuesday, July 6, at 8:39 am, weighing 6
||| lbs 12 oz (exactly the same weight as Charlotte).
|| Congratulations!
|| I don't read mkp any more but saw a few mentions that you were
|| pregnant in this group (which I read only sporadically any more
|| having been sucked inexorably into rec.eq.).
| Congratulations two
|
| Sharon is rec.eq as busy as it used to be? If so, you'll have no time
| for anything else.

I have only been reading it for a little over a year. In that time, it has
been busy fairly busy compared to the other groups I used to read (except
talk.origins and alt.atheism which I unsubbed from lest they take up all my
waking hours). Rec.eq does goes through its lull periods but not as a rule.

I recently started riding again after an 11 year hiatus and I have come up
to speed on any number of issues through my subbing to the wreck. Most
importantly, I have found a small subset of people there whose opinion on
conformation I trust. I have been asking for opinions on various horses I
have been avoiding buying. When I got an enthusiastic thumbs up on one
particular mare, I realized I might fail in my efforts to avoid buying a
horse again.

sharon

Old July 21st 04, 04:07 PM
Sophie

"LFortier" wrote in message
Congrats, Sophie! So glad everything is going so well for you.

When does Dylan go? :-(

It's been pushed back a month, so not as soon Not sure if I'm meant to
say when.

And will P be going off to kindergarten next month?

Pre-K, he has a November birthday so he has to wait a year. He'll get to go
by bus though - how fun

Lesley

Old July 21st 04, 05:33 PM
Ruthie

"Sophie" wrote in message

: Sophie - mom to 4 - still hard to believe - lol :0

Congratulations Sophie, he is soooo sweet
And even if the dark hair rubs away and blond comes in, he looks like
you right now LOL

--Ruthie, mom of Rachel (6) & Zach (almost 3)

Old July 21st 04, 10:29 PM
Sophie

"Ruthie" wrote in message

"Sophie" wrote in message

: Sophie - mom to 4 - still hard to believe - lol :0

Congratulations Sophie, he is soooo sweet
And even if the dark hair rubs away and blond comes in, he looks like
you right now LOL

Lol - he looks like Lewis we think.

--Ruthie, mom of Rachel (6) & Zach (almost 3)

OMGoodness! How have you been??!

Old July 22nd 04, 02:48 AM
Ruthie

: Lol - he looks like Lewis we think.
:
: --Ruthie, mom of Rachel (6) & Zach (almost 3)
:
: OMGoodness! How have you been??!

All your boys look like Dylan to me, but the hair color, although
temporary, is all yours LOL.
I have been doing ok lately...I mainly lurk on the newsgroups these
days and I'm glad to see you back and posting again.
Rachel starts first grade in a few weeks and Zach has been officially
potty-trained now for over a month with no accidents =D
So now that you have the 4 kids you always wanted, are ya done? Or is
a fifth a possibility? I would love to have one more but we don't have
the space LOL.
Anyway, keep updating those pictures, your kids are so darn cute :P

--Ruthie, mom of Rachel (6) & Zach (almost 3)

Old July 22nd 04, 06:28 AM
cara

Sophie wrote:

For those who don't read MKP, here's my birth announcement.

Nolan Andrew was born on Tuesday, July 6, at 8:39 am, weighing 6 lbs 12
oz (exactly the same weight as Charlotte).

Hey Sophie - Congrats! I saw the announcement on mkp but it got lost in
the shuffle and I never got a chance to respond. He's a cutie - I like
the picture of him sticking his tongue out. Love the name too. Hope
you guys are all doing great, adjusting to having another addition - is
it easier or harder than you had expected to have 4 ?

cara

Happy Birthmother's Day! SuperEeyore General 5 May 9th 04 12:38 AM
Birth control question LeAnn General 21 April 23rd 04 09:58 PM
"U.S. teen pregnancy, birth and abortion rates decline" Mike General 0 February 20th 04 03:28 PM
Early release; now late arrival ? cwnews General 15 November 7th 03 02:03 PM
Does anyone put newborns in a lie-flat "From Birth" pushchair? DP General 8 October 26th 03 05:14 PM