Xmas CD

Old November 7th 05, 09:44 PM
P. Tierney

Default Xmas CD

Hi, I was wanting to get a new holiday CD for my
young child (as per her interest) and was looking for a
suggestions. Any kid-tested ones would be nice. A
"children's musician" would be good, but isn't
necessary. The only requirement, I guess, is that
the lyrics are reasonably discernable. Thanks.

P. Tierney

Old November 7th 05, 10:37 PM
Welches

"P. Tierney" wrote in message
Hi, I was wanting to get a new holiday CD for my
young child (as per her interest) and was looking for a
suggestions. Any kid-tested ones would be nice. A
"children's musician" would be good, but isn't
necessary. The only requirement, I guess, is that
the lyrics are reasonably discernable. Thanks.

Assuming you mean a musical what about "Annie". Even #2 (aged just 2) tries
to sing "Tomorrow"
(#1 sings "Betty Botter that tomorrow..." instead of "Bet your bottom dollar
that tomorrow..." creases me up-but then she probably hasn't heard od a
dollar!)
Debbie

Old November 7th 05, 11:51 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Welches wrote:
"P. Tierney" wrote in message

Hi, I was wanting to get a new holiday CD for my
young child (as per her interest) and was looking for a
suggestions. Any kid-tested ones would be nice. A
"children's musician" would be good, but isn't
necessary. The only requirement, I guess, is that
the lyrics are reasonably discernable. Thanks.

Assuming you mean a musical what about "Annie". Even #2 (aged just 2) tries
to sing "Tomorrow"
(#1 sings "Betty Botter that tomorrow..." instead of "Bet your bottom dollar
that tomorrow..." creases me up-but then she probably hasn't heard od a
dollar!)

I'm guessing he means holiday music (e.g., Christmas
carols, or something like that), rather than any kind of
music for a holiday gift. Personally, I wouldn't go
with a "children's musician" just because those tend
to drive me nuts. At the moment, I'm enjoying Diane
Zeigler's "Christmas in Vermont." The lyrics are very
clear and beautiful, and the arrangements are simple
but lovely. My kids really like it. You can check it
out at http://www.dianezeigler.com.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old November 8th 05, 12:32 AM
P. Tierney

"Welches" wrote in message

"P. Tierney" wrote in message
Hi, I was wanting to get a new holiday CD for my
young child (as per her interest) and was looking for a
suggestions. Any kid-tested ones would be nice. A
"children's musician" would be good, but isn't
necessary. The only requirement, I guess, is that
the lyrics are reasonably discernable. Thanks.

Assuming you mean a musical what about "Annie". Even #2 (aged just 2)
tries to sing "Tomorrow"
(#1 sings "Betty Botter that tomorrow..." instead of "Bet your bottom
dollar that tomorrow..." creases me up-but then she probably hasn't heard
od a dollar!)

Sorry, I meant Xmas songs. Wasn't clear about that.
Good choice though.

P. Tierney

Old November 8th 05, 03:15 AM
Anonymama

In article ImSbf.553672$xm3.5974@attbi_s21,
"P. Tierney" wrote:

Sorry, I meant Xmas songs. Wasn't clear about that.
Good choice though.

Last year we picked out ten or so Christmas songs on iTunes, then burned
them to a CD. Worked well for us.
--
Sara
accompanied by TK, number two, due in April of 2006
Old November 8th 05, 04:51 PM
emilymr

Ooh, Ericka -- I think I just found a Christmas present for my mom. And
maybe for me.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old November 8th 05, 06:24 PM
Ericka Kammerer

emilymr wrote:
Ooh, Ericka -- I think I just found a Christmas present for my mom. And
maybe for me.

Glad you like it! A friend sings background vocals
on it, which is how I ran into it. Even though I'm completely
biased, I do think it's a very good Christmas album. Msny
of them are pretty bad, in my opinion ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old November 8th 05, 11:01 PM
dkhedmo

P. Tierney wrote:
Hi, I was wanting to get a new holiday CD for my
young child (as per her interest) and was looking for a
suggestions. Any kid-tested ones would be nice. A
"children's musician" would be good, but isn't
necessary. The only requirement, I guess, is that
the lyrics are reasonably discernable. Thanks.

P. Tierney

The soundtrack from Cahrlie Brown Christmas lives in the 5-disc changer
from the day we get the tree until the day it hits the curb. And that
was standard before we had kids. It's also a requirement at MIL's on
Christmas day while doing the big rip-and-tear around the tree. Ds1 age
5 is also quite fond of it.

-Karen, mom to Henry 5 and William 1.5-
Old November 11th 05, 10:26 AM
Mike S.

P. Tierney wrote:
Hi, I was wanting to get a new holiday CD for my
young child (as per her interest) and was looking for a
suggestions. Any kid-tested ones would be nice. A
"children's musician" would be good, but isn't
necessary. The only requirement, I guess, is that
the lyrics are reasonably discernable. Thanks.

P. Tierney

When I was a young child, I listened to my mother's holiday/Christmas
records. Although, I did have one or two of my own which were Alvin &
the Chipmunks. I've grown to love my mother's holiday records and
they've taught me to appreciate older music and artists that you just
don't hear nowadays.

Here are some of my suggestions (you can sample them on Amazon.com
and/or TowerRecords.com):

1) Holiday Sing-Along with Mitch Miller
2) Burl Ives: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (this is the soundtrack
from the TV special)
3) Billboard Family Christmas Classics
4) Alvin & the Chipmunks: Merry Christmas From
5) Chipmunks Greatest Christmas Hits
6) Harry Simeone Chorale: The Little Drummer Boy
7) Gene Autry: A Cowboy's Christmas (this is probably only available
from Walmart - in the Christmas section)
8) Bobby Helms: Jingle Bell Rock (this is probably only available from
Walmart - in the Christmas section, and is not the original recording)

Like I said before, I listened to all of these as a child. I may not
have fully appreciated the last three selections as a child but I love
them now. It just isn't Christmas without them.

Was: Kids Want for Xmas? Now best play value toys. Mary Gordon General 9 November 22nd 04 07:12 PM
Xmas cards HanK Single Parents 12 December 30th 03 09:50 PM
Happy Xmas and be nice to HanK Andrew Single Parents 8 December 21st 03 11:29 AM
The annual Xmas message StuKa Child Support 4 December 17th 03 03:29 PM
The Newest kids games for xmas shara Pregnancy 0 December 10th 03 01:29 AM