A single mother and daughter is NOT a family

Old December 8th 03, 05:45 PM
Darkfalz

Default A single mother and daughter is NOT a family

It's a welfare statistic.

Old December 8th 03, 06:04 PM
Derek B. Cohn

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 04:45:32 +1100, Darkfalz wrote:

It's a welfare statistic.

I agree with this post. DC
Old December 8th 03, 06:26 PM
Joelle

Hey Troll!

My mom managed to raise me alone and never accepted a welfare check!

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old December 8th 03, 06:36 PM
Mxsmanic

Darkfalz writes:

It's a welfare statistic.

Single mothers are more likely than just about anyone else to end up on
welfare rolls, true. However, there are single mothers who support
themselves and their children quite well.

The key, though, is to have children after building up some sort of
career, and not before. Women who become single mothers early in live
doom themselves to decades of near poverty.

Old December 8th 03, 11:15 PM
mickey

Mxsmanic wrote:

Darkfalz writes:

It's a welfare statistic.

Single mothers are more likely than just about anyone else to end up on
welfare rolls, true. However, there are single mothers who support
themselves and their children quite well.

Some of them actually plan to have kids so they can get more from
welfare.

-M
Old December 9th 03, 12:20 AM
Mxsmanic

mickey writes:

Some of them actually plan to have kids so they can get more from
welfare.

They are more likely to borrow kids for that purpose than to have them
themselves. The extra money is a lot less useful if you have to pay for
an extra kid with it.

Old December 9th 03, 01:16 AM
Joy

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Darkfalz writes:

It's a welfare statistic.

Single mothers are more likely than just about anyone else to end up on
welfare rolls, true. However, there are single mothers who support
themselves and their children quite well.

The key, though, is to have children after building up some sort of
career, and not before. Women who become single mothers early in live
doom themselves to decades of near poverty.

It isn't a matter of being doomed at all, although it can be harder to pull
yourself up out of poverty as a single mother. I know single mothers who
have earned college degrees and started new careers - it can be done.

Joy

Old December 9th 03, 01:43 AM
Betsy

So what's a single mother and a son??

"Darkfalz" wrote in message
It's a welfare statistic.

Old December 9th 03, 06:51 AM
Mxsmanic

Joy writes:

It isn't a matter of being doomed at all, although it can be harder to pull
yourself up out of poverty as a single mother. I know single mothers who
have earned college degrees and started new careers - it can be done.

It can be, but it usually isn't. Most single mothers lack the
motivation, the intelligence, or both. And it is often much easier to
find a man to pay the bills, at least if the woman is still relatively
young and pretty.

Old December 9th 03, 11:10 AM
Betsy

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 01:43:11 GMT, "Betsy"

So what's a single mother and a son??

Betsy, dear, I do believe we're being trolled. Those big bad trolls are
picking on us poor welfare moms with eighteen kids again. Why... it
makes me so sad and upset that I might just whelp another dozen tax
supported dependents right now.

'Kate

LOL! I know it's a troll. I just wanted to know why it's only a single
mother and daughter, nothing about son's. Anyway I proved them wrong, but
they won't hear it so why bother telling my story. I'm just glad to be able
to post again.

Betsy