Now see

Old October 25th 04, 05:46 PM
Tiffany

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:33:54 -0400, "Tiffany"
wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
On 25 Oct 2004 00:55:23 GMT,
(Bebelestrnge0721) wrote:

Yeah........we have been aware of this, apparently there really are no
"Safe"
anti-depressants for kids?

if that's a question, no. But then, there are no "safe" fever
reducers for children either.

Actually there are..... there are various essential oils that work wonders
(ask my kid)..... there are Asian techniques that work wonders too.

Fever is actually the bodies way of fighting off a virus or bacteria that
invaded the body. Unless the temperature is extremely high, sometimes it
is
best left alone. But that is MY opinion, shared by many, even some in the
western medical community. lol

I think you're right about the latter but I don't know that esssential
oils cannot harm some. It'd be impossible to predict a rare allergy.

'Kate

I would not suggest someone using them without prior knowledge or consulting
with a professional aromatherapist first. Just like with any 'medicine', one
must use with caution. EO's are typically used diluted though to minimize
any chance of a skin reaction but one EO, lavender, has been ok'ed to use
neat and is great for fever reduction. One must use the REAL form of
lavender oil which isn't typically what is sold in stores. What many
companies sell is not lavender but a synthetic form. Those situations is
where trouble can arise because if one reads lavender is good for use on
burns, uses a synthetic form without knowing better, the burn can actually
be worse. That would lead the person to think they had an allergic reaction.

I once tested a traditional Chinese method called cupping on my daughter. I
cupped points that would pull heat out of the body.... checked the temp.
before and after and literally the temp went down 3 degree's in a matter of
minutes. Yes, it could have been a misread or anything a scientist would
argue but the fact she felt better told me more.

Old October 25th 04, 10:10 PM
denanson

"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message

........ apparently there really are no "Safe"
anti-depressants for kids?

Large doses of omega 3 fish oil.

Dennis

Old October 26th 04, 11:20 AM
Moon Shyne

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message

........ apparently there really are no "Safe"
anti-depressants for kids?

Large doses of omega 3 fish oil.

Fatal for the individual who is allergic to fish (like my mother)

Dennis

Old October 26th 04, 12:26 PM
Tiffany

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message

........ apparently there really are no "Safe"
anti-depressants for kids?

Large doses of omega 3 fish oil.

Fatal for the individual who is allergic to fish (like my mother)

Yeah, but don't you think someone who is allergic to fish would KNOW not to
take a fish oil supplement??

Old October 27th 04, 11:18 AM
Moon Shyne

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message

........ apparently there really are no "Safe"
anti-depressants for kids?

Large doses of omega 3 fish oil.

Fatal for the individual who is allergic to fish (like my mother)

Yeah, but don't you think someone who is allergic to fish would KNOW not to
take a fish oil supplement??

If they knew they were allergic - I didn't know I was allergic to minocycline (a
common antibiotic from the same drug family as tetracycline) until I ended up
having an life-threatening rection.

Old October 28th 04, 08:36 AM
Cele

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 05:18:51 -0500, "Moon Shyne"
wrote:

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message

........ apparently there really are no "Safe"
anti-depressants for kids?

Large doses of omega 3 fish oil.

Fatal for the individual who is allergic to fish (like my mother)

Yeah, but don't you think someone who is allergic to fish would KNOW not to
take a fish oil supplement??

If they knew they were allergic - I didn't know I was allergic to minocycline (a
common antibiotic from the same drug family as tetracycline) until I ended up
having an life-threatening rection.

Heh. I found out I was allergic to sodium pentathol, the general
anaesthetic of the time, when they had to jump start my heart and I
woke up with (another) red allergy band on my wrist.

Cele
Old October 28th 04, 11:21 AM
Moon Shyne

wrote:

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message

........ apparently there really are no "Safe"
anti-depressants for kids?

Large doses of omega 3 fish oil.

Fatal for the individual who is allergic to fish (like my mother)

Yeah, but don't you think someone who is allergic to fish would KNOW not to
take a fish oil supplement??

If they knew they were allergic - I didn't know I was allergic to minocycline

(a
common antibiotic from the same drug family as tetracycline) until I ended up
having an life-threatening rection.

Heh. I found out I was allergic to sodium pentathol, the general
anaesthetic of the time, when they had to jump start my heart and I
woke up with (another) red allergy band on my wrist.

Yup....... I woke up covered in hives after a week on the antibiotics, and by
that afternoon had lost my voice and was wheezing...... ended up in Urgent Care,
getting pumped full of meds to stop the reaction and open the airways, and
ordered a new Medic Alert bracelet when we were done (I already knew I was
allergic to penicillin)..... the bracelets are ugly as hell, but not as ugly as
another allergic reaction.

Cele

Old October 28th 04, 02:23 PM

wrote:

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

[...]

Are they not the ugliest thing?
Someone should make pretty ones.
Pink, in fact!
I have a severe latex allergy, and I make sure all medical personnel know it.
I know I do not want another reaction to that stuff! It is in everything too.
Bleh!