Question about support

Old August 7th 07, 01:47 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

Default Question about support

"whatamess" wrote

Honestly, I couldn't care less what the courts say...It's pretty sad
that you allowed
the real mother to have no responsibility and are trying to take money
from your
ex-wife, who is NOT the biological mother of these children. I think
you need
to step up to the plate and support your own children.

==
Sounds like he was/is using her. OTOH, I have an adopted son (now 28) and
fully understand and agree that
birth parents have no financial responsibility for children given up for
adoption. Oh yeah, and *I* am
the "real" mother :-). As I told my son--"You have your real family and then
you have your
biological family." He said "Yeah."

Old August 7th 07, 03:17 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"whatamess" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 6, 5:21 pm, "teachrmama" wrote:
"Gini" wrote in message

"Thalador" wrote in message
roups.com...
On Aug 6, 12:42 pm, "teachrmama" wrote:
"Thalador" wrote in message

egroups.com...

Greetings all. I have a question, I think I know the answer, but
wanted some other opinions.

Background: I have custody of my two children and the ex-wife
adopted
them legally (They are mine from prior wife).

Question - Prior to the divorce she and I signed a notarized form
saying she would pay me $1000.00 per month child support. Three
months
later the divorce went through and the court ordered she pay $1600
per
month. She has always concluded that our agreement takes precedence
over the divorce order. I disagree.

So, legally how much does she owe per month?

If the court ordered $1600, then that's how much she owes legally.
But
morally, don't you think you should abide by the agreement you and
she
made?

The problem is, she is now trying to lower that agreed upon number to
something she is "more confortable" with. I am looking at this from a
legal issue, not moral. I told her the $1000 we agreed to is fine but
she isnt happy with it anymore.
==
Legally she owes what the court says she owes. Fortunately, on usenet
we
get to
espouse opinions. My opinion is that the NCP shouldn't be required to
pay
more than
half the actual cost of basic needs (which is nowhere near 1k mo).

Depends on how you define "needs." chuckle It is sad when one's
children
come down to dollars and cents, isn't it?!- Hide quoted text -

Honestly, I couldn't care less what the courts say...It's pretty sad
that you allowed
the real mother to have no responsibility and are trying to take money
from your
ex-wife, who is NOT the biological mother of these children. I think
you need
to step up to the plate and support your own children.

My favorite attorney told me he advised his brother not to adopt his new
wife's children. But his brother went ahead and adopted them anyway. He
ended up paying CS for those kids. The legal rights and responsibilities
for all parties change when an adoption takes place.

Old August 7th 07, 08:36 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"Thalador" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings all. I have a question, I think I know the answer, but
wanted some other opinions.

Background: I have custody of my two children and the ex-wife adopted
them legally (They are mine from prior wife).

Why did she decide to pay you to have custody of her legal children?

Old August 7th 07, 08:38 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"Thalador" wrote in message

[...]

So much for the argument "you got her pregnant, therefore you owe her
money".