(OT) That Mel Gibson Movie

Old March 5th 04, 05:23 AM
toto

Default (OT) That Mel Gibson Movie

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:40:26 -0600, Marty K.
wrote:

toto wrote:

How do we know that God won't reward everyone no matter what?

Do not include others in your cluelessness. Happiness can be yours
when you stop scaring it away.

I'm quite happy with my life thanks. Not scared at all.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old March 7th 04, 05:50 AM
R. Steve Walz

Joseph wrote:

Andrew White wrote:

Antipodean Bucket Farmer wrote:

In article ,
says...

Connie Johnston writes:
| I have two sons (11 + 13). Is this movie appropriate for them?

To me personally, there's no question that this movie is not
appropriate for pre-teens or younger teenagers. It's rated R for
violence alone, which means it's quite violent, and at its heart the
plot is about someone being tortured to death.

It is? Really?

Does that mean that book on which it is based also has
a plot which revolves around someone being tortured to
death?

You mean the adult fairytale called the "Bible"? The worst piece of
fantasy I've ever read: stupid, boring and condescending.

Yeah, like you read it

---------------
I have, in four languages, and he's absolutely right.
Steve
Old March 8th 04, 01:34 AM
R. Steve Walz

wrote:

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 05:50:39 GMT, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

Connie Johnston writes:
| I have two sons (11 + 13). Is this movie appropriate for them?

To me personally, there's no question that this movie is not
appropriate for pre-teens or younger teenagers. It's rated R for
violence alone, which means it's quite violent, and at its heart the
plot is about someone being tortured to death.

It is? Really?

Does that mean that book on which it is based also has
a plot which revolves around someone being tortured to
death?

You mean the adult fairytale called the "Bible"? The worst piece of
fantasy I've ever read: stupid, boring and condescending.

Yeah, like you read it

---------------
I have, in four languages, and he's absolutely right.
Steve

Do you mean "Dolorous Passion"By Anne Catherine Emmerich the book that
inspired Mel Gibson's film?

---------------------
No, I mean the bible is a fairy tale, if you research it you will
find that it is far too old and long-ago and far away to conceivably
be accurate, and for it to be more than a piece of 4th century fiction
that was contrived to control serfs in the incipient Dark Ages. It's
an intriguing myth, but it smacks not of history, but of myth. Myths
evidence the **** in our heads, and not actual historical truth at all,
from Genesis, which was a Babylonian fairy tale told to children LONG
before the Jews ever got ahold of it, to the insane antisexual
meanderings of Paul a century after Jesus, who is believed to have
conspired to re-write the so-called gospels to his own uses in promoting
his own cults.

To make a movie so that people can sit there and feel "moved"
by the 1.5 hour beating so that you see his ribs after so much
of his skin has been torn off and now they can "appreciate"
"what he did for me" but in HUNDREDS of posts never say one word about
how exactly they would change their lives, says something about
today's world.

[]
NOT A WORD about his teachings.

--------------------------
Precisely, but that's true of the Xtian religion itself, WITHOUT Gibson
or Emmerich!

It is pretty ****ing silly, but then so is all modern Xtianity, the
stupid dog**** religion that turned a message of a loving communist
God who wanted the rich to die, and the poor to rule, into a sick
set of stories that use sex as the model of sin, instead of greed,
and punishes children for masturbating instead of the real message!

Sick flick."

-----------------
Yup. But no moreso than modern Xtianity itself!
Steve
Old March 12th 04, 10:20 PM
JSTONE9352

Yup. But no moreso than modern Xtianity itself!
Steve

This Steve guy is mentally ill and
needs professional help.
Old May 27th 04, 07:28 PM
aXis Computers & Communications

Allow me to introduce myself. I am a at home single mother of a sweet 2 year
old boy. And I am currently pregnant again. I have decided to have a little
webpage of great offers and deals I found for pregnant women. Please help a
at home mom and checkout my page http://acc2.dynip.com:1000/preg/index.htm
There you will find tons of free offers, catalogs, etc.. And if you request
a catalog from Chadwick's maternity or motherware clothing, I get 10 Cents
for each catalog you request. This helps me stay at home with my son. There
is also links on there for zoo books magazines, and other mother/children
items. PLEASE help me out. Thanks.
"Connie Johnston" wrote in message
I have two sons (11 + 13). Is this movie appropriate for them?

Connie