breakfast on the go

Old February 3rd 06, 04:07 PM posted to misc.kids

Default breakfast on the go

toto wrote:

If you get a small pitcher, the child can pour his or her own milk
too. You just have to help at first and let them practice.

Those small glass bottles with the measurments on the side for vinegar and
oil salad dressing are perfect for this. I still use one for my kids and
they are older. They have a narrow spot that little hands will fit around,
a small opening for pouring, and hold enough for my kids needs.

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

Old February 3rd 06, 04:24 PM posted to misc.kids

wrote:
We eat breakfast on the go in the car during week days. DH and I eat
oatmeal from a cup. the kids are in carseats so that may become very
messy. I would like to give them breakfast bars of some kind. Most of
them are just as sugary as candy bars. could anyone offer any
suggestions? Right now they only drink chocolate milk in sippy cup. i
would like to add a small bar or snack to their breakfast.

I'd probably go with homemade if it was an everyday thing. I used to
commute too so I understand why you'd want to eat in the car.

I did a lot of snack packs with dry cereal, raisons, crackers sometimes,
etc. I would have done more fruit if mine would have been fruit eaters.
Cheese and deli meat would even work although they aren't usually breakfast
foods. I didn't do a lot of cheese because mine wouldn't eat it but even my
limited experience tells me string cheese is best - the other stuff gets
mashed into the seats ;-) Frozen yogurts worked. I use the sugary kind that
comes in a tube and froze those. For the more health conscious you can
freeze any kind of yogurt - the tubes were just much less messy.

Whole wheat tortilla's can hold lots of things (peanut butter, scrambled
eggs, breakfast meats, cheese, various spreads, etc.) and aren't all that
messy because you can wrap them up. Mine got enough milk in at other times
so I generally only did water in the car because of the mess factor.

My dh did more of the cereal bars, granola bars, pop tarts etc. They are
awful to clean up after. You can vacuum up the dry stuff :-)

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99
Luke 4/01
Thing One and Thing Two :-) EDD 4/06

Review: Breakfast on Pluto (* 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 December 15th 05 12:35 AM
Help with specific behavior issue [email protected] General 84 June 18th 05 02:53 AM
29 weeks appointment Kazh Pregnancy 41 March 10th 05 01:12 PM
Helping Your Child Be Healthy and Fit sX3#;WA@'U John Smith Kids Health 0 July 20th 03 04:50 AM
Perfect breakfast for babies: Immunizations! Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 July 10th 03 05:35 PM