Advice: Wife Very Pregnant, Don't Know What To Do: I Need to Cook and Clean

Old February 17th 05, 06:15 AM
Emily

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
dragonlady wrote:

What we BOTH need is a Traditional TV Wife -- someone who lives to
clean house and buy groceries and keep up with the laundry.

Yeah, DH and I would love to have one of those. Don't know
anyone interested in the position, though ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

I know an ex-couple (they've ended their romantic relationship,
but are still close friends living together) who sort of had
this: her sister moved in with them, and was looking for work,
so couldn't pay rent. The other two worked (no kids, though),
and the sister contributed by doing all the housework. Not a long
term solution, but apparently nice for everyone involved in the
short term.

Emily
Old February 18th 05, 02:33 AM
Emily

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Eh, my attitude is that my job as a parent is to ensure
that my kids go out into the world prepared to be a functional
adult. Pretty much none of that is rocket science. I could
hid 'em under a rock for most of their childhood aside from
sending them to school and they'd be able to figure stuff
out. I just think it's my job to teach life skills, among
which I count things like managing finances, homekeeping,
cooking, home maintenance, etc. I wouldn't go quite as far
as Heinlein, whose character Lazarus Long said:

On our responsibility to teach our kids about finances, here's
a recent column by one of my favorite columnists:

http://tinyurl.com/6fvqf

Emily
Old February 18th 05, 08:05 PM
Larry McMahan

In misc.kids.pregnancy Emily wrote:
: Ericka Kammerer wrote:
: Eh, my attitude is that my job as a parent is to ensure
: that my kids go out into the world prepared to be a functional
: adult. Pretty much none of that is rocket science. I could
: hid 'em under a rock for most of their childhood aside from
: sending them to school and they'd be able to figure stuff
: out. I just think it's my job to teach life skills, among
: which I count things like managing finances, homekeeping,
: cooking, home maintenance, etc. I wouldn't go quite as far
: as Heinlein, whose character Lazarus Long said:

: On our responsibility to teach our kids about finances, here's
: a recent column by one of my favorite columnists:

: http://tinyurl.com/6fvqf

: Emily

I recently read what I think is very good book on teaching
children responsible money management. It is called
"The First National Bank of Dad."

You may not agree with or be able to use all of it, but
it is a good read.

Larry
Old February 20th 05, 06:13 AM
Jenrose

I recently read what I think is very good book on teaching
children responsible money management. It is called
"The First National Bank of Dad."

We have a "bank of Dad"... That's where my sis got her allowance from. g

Jenrose