She's here at last x-post

Old October 28th 05, 03:22 PM
Andrea S

Default She's here at last x-post

Erin Elizabeth made her entrance into the world on the 26th October weighing
7lbs 11ozs - and what an angel she is!

After vomiting all day I had another check up.. I was contracting but not
dilating was only 1 cm still.. I was sent to another hospital for rest.
Arrived there at around 11pm.. they did a trace of the baby for half an hour
and were not happy, so they kept me on another 30 mins. After that I was
told baby was in distress and must come out. I was checked by a doctor who
told me I was 3cms and broke my waters there was meconium in them.. then I
was given 1 hour to get into active labour or be induced by drip, and while
contractions became stronger it wasn't enough so I went on an induction drip
and also a re-hydration drip.

I was pretty scared.. strapped to a monitor and told my baby would be here
soon.. hubby was in bed at home till the hospital called him. The drip
worked fast, I remembered 1 technique from the hypnobirthing book.. don't
tense up with the pain of the contractions and imagine relaxing your cervix
and allowing it to open as you have a pain. Each time I realised I was
squeezing hard I relaxed everything and used the entanox gas.

Pretty soon the gas wasn't working so well, so I had 1 dose of pethadine. I
had no idea how far I had dilated but told the midwife I would know and
didn't want an exam.. I may have been told I wasn't as far on as I would
hope.. she agreed.

Soon the contractions changed and I began to feel pressure.. I held of as
long as I could.. once pushing the head came out easily.. the shoulders
hurt! I kept very calm and relaxed. Erin was born with the cord coming up
her tummy, wound tightly around her neck and then around one of her arms,
she was choking.

Once that was sorted she was very well... I was happy smiling and was so
pleased.. even though labour was induced the birth was a wonderful
experience I will always treasure. The midwife was great.

I held her briefly as the vomiting continued for several hours. The labour
was 4 hours with pushing for only 8 mins.

Erin has lots of dark hair but has a blonde streak in it! She is adorable. I
am now home, she is breastfeeding well but nipples are sore. No stitches and
not really sore.

Here she is.... http://www.byphotos.com/album/2046437

Andrea... on top of the world!

Old October 28th 05, 03:50 PM
Linz

Andrea S wrote:
Erin Elizabeth made her entrance into the world on the 26th October
weighing 7lbs 11ozs - and what an angel she is!

Andrea, she's beautiful!

I hope the latch improves quickly, for both your sakes!

Old October 28th 05, 08:30 PM
Melissa Walton

Congratulations!

Melissa
Mom to Connor born 05/24/05

Old October 28th 05, 10:43 PM
arachne

"Andrea S" wrote in message
k...
[...]

congratulations on the arrival of your little girl, andrea! exactly one
month after my DS2 arrived.
i'm so glad you had a great birth experience. has the vomiting subsided now?
are you doing ok?
btw, she is absolutely gorgeous!

--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS1 20th august 2002

"In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul."
--Lisa T. Shepherd

Old November 1st 05, 09:35 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Andrea S" wrote:

Erin Elizabeth made her entrance into the world on the 26th October weighing
7lbs 11ozs - and what an angel she is!

Congratuulations! I love the names!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.

FYI 0028 Minimum Set of Guidelines Pop Foster Parents 0 May 1st 05 03:49 PM
RFC 1855 Pop Foster Parents 0 May 1st 05 03:42 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 March 30th 05 06:33 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 July 29th 04 05:16 AM
All about me now :-) (was Thank you for those people who supported my statements dolores Single Parents 3 July 6th 03 06:04 PM