Big step: food introduction

Old May 8th 06, 09:00 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Big step: food introduction

Today Shiny had her first non-me dairy product. Plain goatmilk yogurt.
Her first bite... she made the funniest face, which would have put me
off if it wasn't exactly the face she makes for Coconut Bliss
(coconut-based ice cream)... it's her "That's so cold, Mommy!"
face...but her little mouth was soon opening and leaning forward for
more.

DH saw her face and said, "I'm sure that's not child abuse, but looking
at her, I wonder."

Apparently the concept of plain goatmilk yogurt doesn't float his boat,
either. But she ate several ounces of it, asking for more and then
making that funny face every time. Picture baby, taking bite, making
face, swallowing, then asking for more. Hysterical.

She's almost 14 months, and I want to see if she can tolerate dairy
well. In part, because I may be weaning her younger than I would expect
(like age 2) normally simply because I cannot take the biting
"forever". It is getting worse and worse with every passing day.
Ideally I'd let her nurse until I get pg again, but I just don't think
I'm going to make it that long. This child is biting me with ALL her 12
teeth, hard, at almost every nursing. And then she cries when I don't
want to continue the feed. So upsetting.

Oh, and she may be outgrowing the citric acid thing. Yay. I haven't
braved oranges yet, but I have done pineapple with minimal consequence.

Jenrose

Old May 8th 06, 12:09 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

She's almost 14 months, and I want to see if she can tolerate dairy
well. In part, because I may be weaning her younger than I would expect
(like age 2) normally simply because I cannot take the biting
"forever". It is getting worse and worse with every passing day.
Ideally I'd let her nurse until I get pg again, but I just don't think
I'm going to make it that long. This child is biting me with ALL her 12
teeth, hard, at almost every nursing. And then she cries when I don't
want to continue the feed. So upsetting.

ooh, Jenrose, are you planning another, when you were pregnant with Shiny it
seemed to be "never again!"

you've done a fantastic job nursing her this far, age 2 is WHO
recommendations, that's what I'm shooting for, but Ada has also turned into
a biter, she only has 2 teeth and not being special needs there is no reason
for it and she just has to learn it's not on.

Anne