Ectopic Pregnancy

Old October 28th 03, 03:41 AM
RubyJayce07

Default Ectopic Pregnancy

I had an ectopic pregnancy a little over 2 yrs ago and found out 3 1/2
months. That was very dangerous according to the doctor but i didnt
know I was pregnant since when according to doctors when you are
having a e. pregnancy you bleed monthly and because there is no
conclusive symptoms I could have dies but instead i lost a tube and i
am having difficuly concieveing now and have begun the process of
going to a fertility clinic....wh else has expoericneced this?
Old October 28th 03, 04:13 AM
JennP

"RubyJayce07" wrote in message
om...
I had an ectopic pregnancy a little over 2 yrs ago and found out 3 1/2
months. That was very dangerous according to the doctor but i didnt
know I was pregnant since when according to doctors when you are
having a e. pregnancy you bleed monthly and because there is no
conclusive symptoms I could have dies but instead i lost a tube and i
am having difficuly concieveing now and have begun the process of
going to a fertility clinic....wh else has expoericneced this

I'm so sorry for your ectopic pregnancy and the difficulties you are having
now. I haven't had experience with it, but a friend of mine has.

She had an ectopic and her tube ruptured. She tried to get pregnant for
several years afterward, but like you, had difficulties. She conceived her
first child via in vitro on the first try. She is due on Halloween with her
second via in vitro and again, first try. As she told me, she was fertile,
she just needed to take a different pathway to get pregnant. HTH
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old October 28th 03, 06:24 AM
alissa

"RubyJayce07" wrote in message
om...
I had an ectopic pregnancy a little over 2 yrs ago and found out 3 1/2
months. That was very dangerous according to the doctor but i didnt
know I was pregnant since when according to doctors when you are
having a e. pregnancy you bleed monthly and because there is no
conclusive symptoms I could have dies but instead i lost a tube and i
am having difficuly concieveing now and have begun the process of
going to a fertility clinic....wh else has expoericneced this?

My Best friend had one of her tubes removed after an eptopic pregnancy and I
think it took a year to fall pregnant, this happened naturally but was a
long and anxious time for her. Her baby is due tomorrow.
Good luck and hope you have some good news to share with us soon
Alissa

Old October 28th 03, 02:00 PM
SMK

RubyJayce07 wrote:

I had an ectopic pregnancy a little over 2 yrs ago and found out 3 1/2
months. That was very dangerous according to the doctor but i didnt
know I was pregnant since when according to doctors when you are
having a e. pregnancy you bleed monthly and because there is no
conclusive symptoms I could have dies but instead i lost a tube and i
am having difficuly concieveing now and have begun the process of
going to a fertility clinic....wh else has expoericneced this?

One of my colleagues had an ectopic and she lost a tube. She is due next
month with her second child. It all happened naturally. Good luck.

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)

Old October 28th 03, 03:35 PM
JNJ

RubyJayce07 wrote in message
om...
I had an ectopic pregnancy a little over 2 yrs ago and found out 3 1/2
months. That was very dangerous according to the doctor but i didnt
know I was pregnant since when according to doctors when you are
having a e. pregnancy you bleed monthly and because there is no
conclusive symptoms I could have dies but instead i lost a tube and i
am having difficuly concieveing now and have begun the process of
going to a fertility clinic....wh else has expoericneced this?

I just had an ectopic removed on Oct 13th. I had to go in for a u/s that
day because I was having spotting for almost a month before. They really
couldn't see much on the u/s, just that a had blood all behind my uterus.
So I was admitted into the hospital that night at 8pm and they came to prep
me at 7am that morning. First they did a d&c, but I had no lining in my
uterus. Then they did a laparoscopy(?). Where they go through your belly
button with the camera. They could immediatly see the ectopic. It had
ruptured abit but not totally burst. Thats why I had the spotting for so
long. Also I had no pain since the bleeding let the up on the pressure.
Anyway, they did have to remove my left tube. At this point, I don't know
why it happend. The ob said the tube could have just been deformed from
birth. I have an appointment this thursday. Now I'm not sure how long she
will want me to wait before ttc again. So I don't know if I'll have any
troubles. I'm not even sure if you can only get pg everyother month or
what? I have all kinds of questions for my ob. Well, Good Luck TTC! I
send my very best wishes to you and yours, Always!

Julie

Old October 29th 03, 12:19 AM
Honey38ch

I'm not even sure if you can only get pg everyother month or
what?

TCOYF says that often after an ectopic, the other ovary and tube will take on
the work of both.
Honey
Old October 29th 03, 02:30 PM
Liz S. Reynolds

In article ,
Honey38ch wrote:
I'm not even sure if you can only get pg everyother month or
what?

TCOYF says that often after an ectopic, the other ovary and tube will take on
the work of both.

How can the ovary by the damaged tube "know" that there isn't anywhere for the eggs to
go?

-Liz

Old October 30th 03, 01:29 AM
Carla

Hi-
I just had an ectopic, D&C w/tube removal this past Feb. I had taken Clomid
(50mg...once!) because we were having trouble ttc and after the m/c &
surgery one of the other Drs in the practice actually told me that there is
a higher risk for an ectopic when taking Clomid.

Needless to say, I was VERY surprised when I found out I was pg in Aug and
am now 12 weeks with no probs, spotting and namely with NO Clomid.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time and I know that taking Clomid or
something like it is tempting but I'd be very careful.

I hope I don't sound too preachy, I guess I'm just overly cautious.

Best of luck,
Carla