Any moms out there who can spare Enfamil Lipil, diapers, or baby wipes for a mom-in-need?

Old October 30th 07, 12:48 PM posted to misc.kids
gringalatina

Default Any moms out there who can spare Enfamil Lipil, diapers, or baby wipes for a mom-in-need?

On Oct 28, 3:34 pm, Greegor wrote:
On Oct 28, 11:47 am, Chris wrote:

On Oct 28, 1:08?pm, Greegor wrote:

Shamrocklove, Is there some REASON that you are not applying for WIC?
Do you know what WIC provides?

The original post indicated she made too much money for assistance.

Doesn't WIC have a higher income threshold than welfare?
I had WIC while pregnant and my husband & I were middle-class. In fact,

we owned 2 (two) condos w/ mortgage fully paid & rent coming in from
the one
we didn't live in AND we had a new car, also fully paid for, AND he
was a college
professor (adjunct, not faculty, so no health insurance) and I was
back
in school & working part-time. PLUS we pay $6,000 a year in property
taxes, so I felt
just fine getting something back. It was for "pre-natal care" and
then, for the
baby when she was born. I breastfed 'till she was 4 (four) and she is
never sick now.

-- Some WIC might include buying other mother's breast milk. You
don't want to spend
days & days going to doctor visits, do you?

--- You can appeal your WIC application & request a hearing

What does 100% to 185% below poverty really mean?

How could anybody be more than 100% below poverty? 185% below?

What state are you in and what are the actual guidelines?

WIC is not just for welfare recipients is it?

I have known MIDDLE CLASS people who got WIC.

Shamrocklove, Did you APPLY for WIC or decide not to?

Did you explain your hardships?

Old October 30th 07, 01:51 PM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Oct 30, 8:48?am, gringalatina wrote:
[...]

Well, you better knock on wood with that statement. Just because one
is breastfed doesn't mean they will never get sick. I know countless
bottlefed children who get sick a lot less often than some breastfed
children. Breastmilk is best, but it doesn't mean the world ends if
you can't use it either. Formula was created exactly for the reasons
the OP needs it. Breastmilk only decreases the *risk* of certain
conditions and illnesses, not eliminate it. Many people are surprised
when they are breastfeeding and baby still gets sick due to this myth
you are perpetuating. Formula doesn't automatically equate to
countless days at the doctor's office for baby either.

Old October 30th 07, 02:09 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 06:51:56 -0700, Chris wrote:

[...]

Yeah. I had pretty sickly kids and they were both BF'd.
Old October 30th 07, 02:46 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article , toypup says...

Chris wrote:

[...]

My son was pretty healthy as an infant, but he did have a couple of colds during
the months I exclusively breastfed him.

Nursing is good to be sure, but folks here are right to point out that it's not
like some magic health potion.

Banty

Old October 30th 07, 09:50 PM posted to misc.kids
Chris

In article , toypup says...

Chris wrote:

[...]

Banty- Hide quoted text -

I think someone is also missing one of those "emotional chips" to be
making such statements in a thread posted for the reasons it was as
well.

Old November 1st 07, 09:12 AM posted to misc.kids
Greegor

Now it's looking like the OP is just SPAMMING!

Desperate financial straights yet too well off for WIC?

Is it a scam to try to get a bunch of baby stuff
sent to somebody as harassment?

Yes, it happens.

Welcome to the internet!

"Emotion chip" Chris? What a stooge!

Old November 1st 07, 09:53 PM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Nov 1, 5:12?am, Greegor wrote:
Now it's looking like the OP is just SPAMMING!

Desperate financial straights yet too well off for WIC?

Is it a scam to try to get a bunch of baby stuff
sent to somebody as harassment?

Yes, it happens.

Welcome to the internet!

"Emotion chip" Chris? What a stooge!

Why does it look like they are spamming? It could be true and it might
not be, but since I can't tell, why not offer suggestions for
solutions?

You can be too well off for public assistance because income is too
high, but that doesn't mean extenuating circumstances haven't set you
back so far that you can afford anything and everything that comes
your way. Public assistance doesn't ask for proof of debt, but rather
income. It's not their fault money can't be managed, regardless of the
reasons why. I consider chastising comments on one's ability, or lack
thereof, to breastfeed their baby callus, considering that someone
with cancer may have had their dream of doing so completely dashed and
is currently suffering guilt about it. Stooge it is then, moron. You
apparently spend so much time online that you couldn't catch the
quotes indicating I chose to use one of the catch phrases in
circulation these days.

Old November 1st 07, 11:05 PM posted to misc.kids
Greegor

On Nov 1, 3:53 pm, Chris wrote:
On Nov 1, 5:12?am, Greegor wrote:

Now it's looking like the OP is just SPAMMING!

Desperate financial straights yet too well off for WIC?

Is it a scam to try to get a bunch of baby stuff
sent to somebody as harassment?

Yes, it happens.

Welcome to the internet!

"Emotion chip" Chris? What a stooge!

Why does it look like they are spamming? It could be true and it might
not be, but since I can't tell, why not offer suggestions for
solutions?

In YOUR OWN WORDS, CHRIS:
I doubt you'll get any sort of real response
online like this because people don't
know if what you are saying is true.

You can be too well off for public assistance because income is too
high, but that doesn't mean extenuating circumstances haven't set you
back so far that you can afford anything and everything that comes
your way. Public assistance doesn't ask for proof of debt, but rather
income. It's not their fault money can't be managed, regardless of the
reasons why. I consider chastising comments on one's ability, or lack
thereof, to breastfeed their baby [callous], considering that someone
with cancer may have had their dream of doing so completely dashed and
is currently suffering guilt about it. Stooge it is then, moron. You
apparently spend so much time online that you couldn't catch the
quotes indicating I chose to use one of the catch phrases in
circulation these days.

Ask her to explain!

Old November 2nd 07, 03:50 AM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Nov 1, 7:05?pm, Greegor wrote:
On Nov 1, 3:53 pm, Chris wrote:

On Nov 1, 5:12?am, Greegor wrote:

[...]

Ask her to explain!- Hide quoted text -

You are making no sense, as if I needed to reread what I've written.
No further discussion necessary. @@

Old November 2nd 07, 04:05 AM posted to misc.kids
Greegor

You are making no sense, as if I needed to reread what I've written.
No further discussion necessary. @@

Why hasn't "Shamrocklove3" come back yet?