AZ Man suing for 50 Million

Old March 13th 07, 12:51 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Default AZ Man suing for 50 Million

http://www.svherald.com/articles/200...news/news4.txt
Sierra Vista Herald

By Shar Porier

Photo credit: Suzanne Cronn-Herald/Review
Photo caption: James Nord reviews a document in his home office on
Sunday. Nord has file a $50 million dollar law suit against Cochise
County and the state stemming from an accusation of child molestation
of which no evidence was found and the case was closed.

Herald/Review
SIERRA VISTA - "They don't care who they screw up."

The frustration of 66-year-old paralegal James Nord over an alleged
incident of child molestation, which he claims landed his name in a
file at Child Protective Services as a "low risk" sexual predator,
continues as he tries to clear his name. It all started more than a
year ago on Feb. 28 when he got a call from CPS investigator Marilyn
Piduch at his home in Sierra Vista. She asked if she could meet with
him. He agreed, and Piduch and Marde Closson, local CPS supervisor,
came to his home and told him a complaint had been filed. They had
been told a woman and her 10-year-old son were living with him, and
that he had molested the boy. After an inspection of his home, they
found no evidence of anyone living with Nord.

"I've lived alone for 18 years, with the exception of my son and his
family when they first moved here," he said.

Wondering who could have made such an accusation, he asked for the
name of his accuser and was told the identity could not be revealed.

He filed a complaint with the Cochise County's Sheriff's Office for
false reporting and harassment against the CPS.

Deputy Cpl. John Filippelli took the complaint and called CPS in an
attempt to confirm a name given by Nord as the possible informant. The
deputy states in a report that CPS told him the caller wished to
remain anonymous but that it was definitely not the person suspected.
He then went to Nord's residence and advised him of the findings.

"Nord advised when CPS completes their investigation he will file a
petition to disclose the name of the person reporting. I advised Nord
if/when he finds out the subject's name to contact me, and I will
continue the investigation," he writes in the report.

Though Nord said Filippelli met with him the morning of March 2 and
told him CPS had closed the case, there is no such statement in the
deputy's official report. Filippelli's investigation is listed as
active/dead file pending further information from Nord on the identity
of the person who called CPS with the complaint.

Part of Nord's complaint of CPS' actions involves the continuing
investigation involving friends and family after the case had
supposedly been closed.

Piduch interviewed Nord's son, Carl, on the same day and questioned
him about the woman and her son.

Nothing further was done until May 17, when Nord requested a copy of
the complaint. On June 8, he received the CPS summary report, which
gave a different scenario. In the report, Nord was accused of
molesting the 10-year-old daughter of a woman while living with her at
her residence. The report also states he violently molested and
assaulted his sister for four years and molested his son.

Nord and his son were upset over the new allegations listed in the
summary report.

"I don't understand. First it was a boy. Now it's a girl, my sister
and my son. It's absurd," Nord said.

Carl Nord says there wasn't an incident involving him.

"Nothing ever happened to me or my aunt. I checked," he said. "There
are no people living with Dad or he with them. It's a crock.
Somebody's made up the complaint. They investigated and found no
evidence, but, yet, they continued. If the case was opened and closed
on the same day, as they said, why did they call me in March?"

Nord decided he was going to get to the bottom of it and tried to get
a judge to allow the identity of his accuser to be revealed and his
name cleared. The case went before Cochise County Superior Court Judge
James L. Conlogue.

Assistant Attorney General Roger Perry Jr. argued against releasing
the name. According to documentation on file at the courthouse
concerning the case, Perry stated, "There can be no justification for
a request that all records concerning the petitioner be expunged from
CPS files," he said, "Arizona maintains a record of the report as it
must, according to law."

Conlogue ruled against Nord's request and ordered the file sealed.

Nord suspects he was the subject of retribution of someone, but he
hasn't a clue who that may be.

His friend Betty Madrid believes she knows who filed the complaint.
Nord was helping her on a legal matter involving fraud. According to
her affidavit, Madrid called Piduch on March 1 and said she "was
positive that the report was made for vindictive reasons. I told her
that because of my accusation, I was being followed ... She asked me who
I thought would do this."

Madrid gave four names, but was interrupted by Piduch, who asked how
Madrid knew of one of the people mentioned. That made Madrid
suspicious, and she told Nord of the conversation.

In December, Nord filed a lawsuit against the county, the state and
all the agencies and people involved in December. His lawsuit claims
that Closson and Piduch "... acted with reckless disregard" and failed
to determine whether probable cause existed before taking action. He
claims violation of his civil rights to due process, loss of
reputation and infliction of emotional distress among other charges.

He is seeking $50 million in his suit.

"I suffer from headaches, nausea and nervousness. This whole thing has
distracted me from being able to my job. It interferes with my work,"
he says in the court paperwork.

"One's reputation is a significant, intensely personal possession that
one strives to protect," Nord continued. "The CPS takes everything
some mystery party says as factual and does not need any corroboration
of any sort. They closed the case without any substantiation and put
my name in their files."

He sought help from an Arizona ombudsman, Ellen Stenson, who wrote in
a letter the case was closed "as neither substantiated nor
unsubstantiated, but rather noted they were unable to locate (the
woman and her child).

"We do not have any evidence that the CPS investigation was
inappropriate or that CPS has inappropriately shared information about
you ...," Stenson said in her response.

Stenson's findings seem to bolster the stand of the Attorney General's
Office, which is handling the federal lawsuit.

The state, on behalf of all the agencies and parties listed in Nord's
suit, is represented by Assistant Attorney General Perry, who has
entered a motion to dismiss on the grounds that Nord has a "lack of
cognizable legal theory" and "the absence of sufficient facts." He
states in the motion that CPS, as an agency of the state, is immune
from private damages or injunctive relief.

As for Nord's worry of being classified as a sexual predator in a
central registry, Perry says this "is an example of an unwarranted
deduction of fact. (Nord) was investigated by the CPS; therefore, he
reasons, he has been placed on such a list ... it appears (from the
complaint) this claim was not substantiated. There was no child living
in his home to be concerned about. He is not a convicted sex-offender,
subject to registration."

Perry writes that CPS is required to maintain a record of the report,
but this record in no sense is considered a predator list. Therefore,
Nord's deduction that since he was investigated his name exists on a
CPS list is unrealistic.

He states in a court document, "... Criminal investigations - even if
CPS conducted criminal investigations - can be conducted on no more
than a hunch; they can be conducted on a whim ..."

Due to the serious nature of the information included in the CPS
summary report, the agency had the right to investigate the tip, he
argues in the court document.

Perry has tried to have that CPS summary report rejected as evidence.
In a phone conversation, Perry said Nord had not authenticated the CPS
report. Therefore, it should be disallowed, as should the affidavits
Nord gathered.

"I am asking the court to look at facts alleged in the complaint. Nord
does not state a cause of action against these people. I have moved to
strike things that are not properly brought before the court," Perry
said. "I cannot find a cause that would allow for action against these
people. I have to move to strike things that are not properly brought
before the court. Even if you were to pretend that all the facts as he
presents them are true, he still does not have a case."

Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever and County Attorney Ed Rheinheimer
did not respond to calls for comment on the lawsuit.

Liz Barker, public information officer for CPS, said she could not
comment on the pending litigation. However, she answered questions
about procedure and policy of CPS. She said when someone calls the
statewide hotline phone number, a series of questions is asked. If the
answers meet the criteria, a report is forwarded to the proper
district office, and staff proceed to investigate.

Barker confirmed that a person's name remains on file with CPS even if
allegations have not been substantiated. If the case is substantiated
and a conviction obtained, the name is added to the statewide registry
of sex offenders by the department of public safety.

One other irregularity, as Nord sees it, is a provision that provides
a monetary incentive to CPS staff to investigate cases. If six cases
of abuse or neglect are investigated per month, the employee receives
10 percent of the monthly salary.

Barker confirmed that case workers are paid "a stipend" on the number
of cases they investigate. The sum is paid whether the investigations
pan out or not.

That makes Nord wonder if such financial gains are ethical and if that
policy is part of the problem.

"Was I investigated to make more money? Who thought of this stipend?"
he asked. "All I'm trying to do is clear my name. I had a background
check run on myself and it came back clean," he added. "But CPS has my
name in a file somewhere, unsubstantiated or not."

Nord, who claims he is still distressed over the incident, waits for
the lawsuit to be heard. "Can you imagine waking up one day to find
you're being looked at as a child molester? And I'm just supposed to
take that and roll over and play dead? I don't think so."

REPORTER Shar Porier can be reached at 515-4692 or by e-mail at
.

Sierra Vista Herald | Bisbee Review | At Ease!

Old March 13th 07, 01:47 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:-]

On 12 Mar 2007 17:51:40 -0700, "Greegor" wrote:

....something about something that is not about something that Greg was
asked about something.

While you do seem to have the right idea, Greg, posting things that
CPS is understaffed, you do seem to have passed this by without
response.

While I may not get an answer I'd like you, nonetheless.

0:

So tell me, where did the post, in google groups, disappear to where
you expressed your thoughts thusly:

"Where are you buying your child from Michael?
Did you see Donald L. Fisher's advertising
about good used mixed race babies?
Or are you going for an import?

What's the price tag?"

Greg's thoughtful and child and family loving perspective...above.

Give us your deepest thoughts on this, morality wise, and legally
wise, oh wise parent rights advocate and advisor.

0:]

By the way, unless the laws of the state of the protagonist here
support him, he's "pucked,"

Now getting the laws changed...ah that's another story.

I applaud such efforts, even if I might disagree with the folks
involved, as I do you, but heck you go for it, girl.

0:]

PS I mean that as a compliment, since I know so many very admirable
women that post to this group, ascps. K

Old March 13th 07, 04:17 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Kane wrote
While I may not get an answer I'd like you, nonetheless.

I don't like you.

Kane wrote
So tell me, where did the post, in google groups, disappear to where
you expressed your thoughts thusly:

"Where are you buying your child from Michael?
Did you see Donald L. Fisher's advertising
about good used mixed race babies?
Or are you going for an import?

What's the price tag?"

Kane, I already told you that I did not delete the message in
question.

I do not know why it appears to be missing.

But why can't you ask this in the thread where it belongs?

I can understand topic drift, but what you did here
is more like a malfunction in your thought process.

Old March 13th 07, 05:35 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Kane [Kah-nay]

Greegor wrote:
Kane wrote
While I may not get an answer I'd like you, nonetheless.

I don't like you.

Kane wrote
So tell me, where did the post, in google groups, disappear to where
you expressed your thoughts thusly:

"Where are you buying your child from Michael?
Did you see Donald L. Fisher's advertising
about good used mixed race babies?
Or are you going for an import?

What's the price tag?"

Kane, I already told you that I did not delete the message in
question.

Greg, I already asked you three times or more about that statement of
yours.

As for you claim about the missing "post," -- three from the same
thread, but one of yours remained...the only one that didn't make
similar claims of baby selling?

I do not know why it appears to be missing.

I believe you.

But why can't you ask this in the thread where it belongs?

Because you didn't answer when I did.

I can understand topic drift, but what you did here
is more like a malfunction in your thought process.

Nope....anything but.

And I notice you still haven't answered in this thread either.

Seems like I'm on target, you are not.

Now, as I was saying, are you standing behind the claims represented by:

"Where are you buying your child from Michael?
Did you see Donald L. Fisher's advertising
about good used mixed race babies?
Or are you going for an import?

What's the price tag?"

And don't tell me where I can post that.

It may pop up just about anywhere, Greg.

Why it might just slime you when you 'introduce' yourself in your
inimitable way to a new poster seeking help here, by making fun of them,
or attacking them because they don't stop what they are doing and join
you in your 6 year long winning battle with Iowa CPS.

And on this one I'm far less apt to tire than on the lethal force
question, Greg. I have a real soft spot for people that care for abused
and neglected children and help them through recovery.

Often they were g'maw's and g'paw's, like the one's you know.

So, let's see your explanation and your "Truth," as 'truth as an
absolute defense.'

Say, a sales receipt?

And while I'm thinking of it, what would a "bad" "used mixed race baby"
be, as opposed to a "good" one?

I know about good babies (they all are), but 'bad' ones? And "used?" You
mean like a "used car" possibly?

Or someone picks up at Goodwill, or on sale at a Best Buy or Walmart?

0:]
Old March 13th 07, 05:43 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Kane quoted Greg as saying
So tell me, where did the post, in google groups, disappear to where
you expressed your thoughts thusly:

"Where are you buying your child from Michael?
Did you see Donald L. Fisher's advertising
about good used mixed race babies?
Or are you going for an import?

What's the price tag?"

I did not delete the post in question.

Why can't you address this in the thread it belongs in?

The story about making the agency shorter on funds
is what this thread should be about.

Are your "thinking errors" getting the best of you again?

Old March 13th 07, 06:01 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:-]

On 12 Mar 2007 22:43:50 -0700, "Greegor" wrote:

Kane quoted Greg as saying
So tell me, where did the post, in google groups, disappear to where
you expressed your thoughts thusly:

"Where are you buying your child from Michael?
Did you see Donald L. Fisher's advertising
about good used mixed race babies?
Or are you going for an import?

What's the price tag?"

I did not delete the post in question.

"The post?"

Funny, now that I mentioned it earlier, they are now back. Boy, that
Google, eh?

Why can't you address this in the thread it belongs in?

There is not thread it belongs in.

That's what happens when YOU post something off topic...like asking
such offensive questions. The subject was a spammer that you responded
to, thus encouraging spamming. YOU took off with the "baby market"
thing, Greg. Not I.

Reap, sow.

The story about making the agency shorter on funds
is what this thread should be about.

There is no thread where you can hide after making such an accusation.
Ever.

In fact, I'm considering making you extremely popular and a sought
after public speaker...a bigger career than you already have.

Are your "thinking errors" getting the best of you again?

I'm making sure your's don't.

I rarely have thinking errors, and when I make them I do something
about them, not build a bigger pile of them in defense of the one I
made.

As you do.

"How different is his baby marketing from yours, Donald L. Fisher? "
"Where are you buying your child from Michael?"
"What's the price tag?"

No, those aren't "thinking errors," are they now....R R R R R R RR

Kane

Old March 13th 07, 01:37 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Dan Sullivan

On Mar 12, 7:51 pm, "Greegor" wrote:
[...]

If making a false report is illegal, James Nord should have requested
the DA arrest the reporter and the DA could then either proceed by
asking CPS for the name of the reporter or decline to prosecute.

In more than a decade that I'm familiar with no one in NY has ever
been charged with making a false report to CPS... and I'm sure they've
received a few.

Old March 14th 07, 07:42 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

On Mar 13, 7:37 am, "Dan Sullivan" wrote:
[...]

Yeah, ask the FOX to guard the hen house!

The state doesn't want to prosecute false accusers or
Perjors because the whole CPS agency would go to prison.

Old March 15th 07, 03:08 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

On Mar 14, 12:42 pm, "Greegor" wrote:
[...]

Hyperbole as lying is duly noted.

Or is that dully?

So, Greg, whatchagoinadoabowdit?

Let us know too when you sign that complaint to have Kevin Concannon
charged, along with Don Fisher, will selling "good used mixed race
babies."

Or were you lying?

0:]