doubtful about baby sling

Old June 1st 07, 10:21 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default doubtful about baby sling

I'm a mum-to-be and I've bought a Dydimos baby sling... Now wondering
why!!

Do you often practice the "Simple cross" position (see this pretty
nice kartoon, in the HOLD menu)
http://www.kangaroocarrier.net/
it's the easiest I guess... and is there any danger for baby??

thanks for your help

Laura

Old June 1st 07, 10:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

wrote:
I'm a mum-to-be and I've bought a Dydimos baby sling... Now wondering
why!!

Because they're the coolest thing. That's why.

Do you often practice the "Simple cross" position (see this pretty
nice kartoon, in the HOLD menu)
http://www.kangaroocarrier.net/
it's the easiest I guess... and is there any danger for baby??

Nope, no danger, but plenty of benefits. Try the wrap cross as well, I
loved it for Sam and I had my neighbours 3.5 month old in it a week or
two ago and she fell asleep within about 2 minutes of me walking with her.

There is a very good german book about carrying babies it's called "Ein
Baby will getragen sein. Alles über geeignete Tragehilfen und die
Vorteile des Tragens" by Evelin Kirkilionis. I don't think it has been
translated though. In the book the author explains why babies benefit
from being carried in a sling and how they benefit (especially the hip
joints benefit from the carrying position in a sling because of the way
the baby has its legs pulled up in the sling. A lot of other baby
carriers don't support babies hips that way and the legs end up dangling
down, which not only means the hip joints don't benefit fromt the
carrying but also that the weight of the baby is supported by a very
small area where the "seat" is.)

Use the sling, there are so many ways to use them and you can use the
slings like the didymos for years. I carrid my son in it on and off
until he was 3 and I could have probably carried him longer except
carring him on my back was uncomfortable for me (my boobs got in the
way, I guess I was doing something wrong).

cu
nicole

41 weeks + 1 day...feeling down, doubtful, depressed...venting Kathy Pregnancy 14 February 28th 06 04:19 PM
Sling and risk for baby boy? Zaz Pregnancy 10 February 6th 06 07:32 AM
Slingeeze Baby Sling zolw Pregnancy 1 November 4th 04 04:49 AM
traditional african baby sling freedom General 0 October 7th 03 02:24 AM