Dental work on baby teeth

Old June 21st 07, 09:21 AM posted to misc.kids
Chris

Default Dental work on baby teeth

All in my family never required braces and we all have good teeth
(except for a small window of time that my mom was on welfare and had
no dental insurance, we all got a few fillings). My husband's family
all required braces, but none had the calcification problem that my
daughter has. So far, with a 9-y/o in braces whose baby teeth looked
perfect, a 7-y/o who definitely has crowding now who also had
perfectly straight baby teeth and will need braces, and a 19-mo-old
whose baby teeth already look crowded, I am thinking none of them were
lucky enough to get the teeth from my side of the family. lol. Anyway,
I just remembered that I have had all 3 dentists that I've seen
regarding the calcification issue tell me to definitely have her use
ACT fluoride children's rinse to help strengthen the weak spots, so
that is something you might try with any children old enough to not
swallow it - swish and spit. An adopted 9-y/o cousin of mine also has
the same issue as my daughter (so it is not hereditary), but he was
told to use the ACT also.

Old June 21st 07, 03:39 PM posted to misc.kids
Irrational Number

Vickie wrote:
Hey,
I wanted to see where any of you all stand on this subject. I am
constantly wavering back and forth on whether to believe a dentist
telling me my kids need work on their baby teeth.

Pillbug is 4yo and has had about $8000 worth
of work done on his teeth last year. He had
baby bottle tooth decay, which required dozens
of fillings, root canals, crowns, and finally,
extracting the four front upper teeth and
inserting a pedi-partial.

We *trust* our dentist completely. I have
disagreed with him in the past and shown to
be wrong! I have also disagreed with him
and been right. The point is that we have a
good dialogue and I do trust him.

If you are constantly doubting your dentist,
go to another one. Just get another checkup
and see what you think of the new dentist.

-- Anita --
Old June 21st 07, 03:40 PM posted to misc.kids
Irrational Number

Vickie wrote:
Yes, it is a family dental house, group, whatever. Not specializing
in kids. I will visit *your* site and hopefully gain more knowledge
on this whole thing., especially because I have such a long way to go
with my kids and a ton of money I will be spending.

We go to a pediatric dentist. The whole
office is very well versed in handling
children. BTW, ours also put sealants on
Pillbug's few good teeth...

-- Anita --