More Wakefield Speaking Out

Old April 15th 10, 09:36 AM posted to alt.support.autism,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
john[_5_]

Default More Wakefield Speaking Out

Question 7: Dr Andrew Wakefield - Drawn Out Trial
Why did it take so long for the charges to be brought against you, Murch and
Walker-Smith? I think that is really a question for the prosecuting council
I don't know, and I suspect it may go to the quality of the charges
themselves, the reliability of the charges. How do you construe a charge
out of 'you caused this child to have a lumbar puncture'? What does that
mean? You didn't do it, you didn't order it, you didn't assess the child in
advance to determine whether they needed it. You were part of none of those
things, yet you caused the child to have a lumbar puncture. Well, it is an
interesting form of words, so I don't know, I don't know, but I suspect they
wanted to get as much together as they could, to throw everything in there
in the hope that something would stick.

Question 9: The Trial of Clinical Medicine
But I thought we were supposed to be living in a democracy? So did I
(laughs), we are so far from living in a democracy, so far, and this is a
very very important case in so many ways. I know that may sound very
pompous to say that but actually orthodox medicine is on trial here. We, my
colleagues and I, practice orthodox medicine based implicitly on the history
of the patient, the physical examination of the patient, the correct
clinical evaluation of the patient, making a diagnosis, treating that, the
disease, and monitoring the patient. That is what we do, and that is the
kind of medicine that should be practice. That is really being challenged
now. When that comes into conflict with the beliefs, the diktat of public
health, it is no longer someway permissible to do that, so medicine is on
trial, and if we lose, the position of the Department of Health is endorsed,
then their ability to persecute doctors in this way is upheld, then what
happens in the future? What happens when their is a drug related injury to
a patient, what happens when a new complication emerges from a treatment or
a vaccine? Doctors are going to say, hey, it's too bad, I'm not going to
get involved, because you have Big Pharmaceutical industry there, with their
friends in government, that are going to come down on me and make my life a
misery. It happened with Thalidomide and it has happened time and time
again. Every time a doctor puts his head up above the parapet and said this
vaccine or this drug is not safe, then his world had been turned upside
down. That is not a reason to walk away, in fact it is every reason to
fight it because otherwise we just hand over, give up, hand over the world
to the drug companies and walk away.

Question 11 Dr Andrew Wakefield - The Frighteners
How do you feel about the lack of support shown by fellow doctors generally?
(inaudible, letters?) from GPs and psychiatrists, and others saying this is
what happened to this child, and we are right behind with you. Where are
you? I don't see you, but that is OK, that's OK, I don't feel any antipathy
towards them. It is just human nature. Maybe they are not sufficiently
persuaded that they are ready to come all the way out. Maybe....many of the
doctors I deal with are parents of affected children themselves, they know
what happened. Sometimes they are still frightened to say. That I find a
little difficult to swallow. Their children have been damaged and yet they
still are keen to keep quiet about it.

Old April 15th 10, 10:54 AM posted to alt.support.autism,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Peter Parry

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:36:26 +0100, "john" wrote:

Question 7: Dr Andrew Wakefield - Drawn Out Trial
Why did it take so long for the charges to be brought against you, Murch and
Walker-Smith? I think that is really a question for the prosecuting council
I don't know,

I don't suppose for one moment it had anything to do with Wakefields
propensity for hiring lawyers and employing delaying tactics?

and I suspect it may go to the quality of the charges
themselves, the reliability of the charges. How do you construe a charge
out of 'you caused this child to have a lumbar puncture'? What does that
mean?

It was all clearly explained in the judgment. Has he not read it?

I know that may sound very
pompous to say that but actually orthodox medicine is on trial here.

It sounds extraordinarily pompous given that he was found guilty of
dishonesty. It wasn't his poor research which was investigated but
his arrogant, misleading and dishonest behaviour.

Question 11 Dr Andrew Wakefield - The Frighteners
How do you feel about the lack of support shown by fellow doctors generally?
(inaudible, letters?) from GPs and psychiatrists, and others saying this is
what happened to this child, and we are right behind with you. Where are
you? I don't see you, but that is OK, that's OK, I don't feel any antipathy
towards them. It is just human nature. Maybe they are not sufficiently
persuaded that they are ready to come all the way out.

Isn't a bit more likely that in view of his dishonesty, bad science,
and use of the law to suppress information and critics that he has no
supporters?

Old April 15th 10, 09:14 PM posted to alt.support.autism,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
john[_5_]

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:36:26 +0100, "john" wrote:

Chucking mud at wakefield isn't going to hide the fact you have kept a
dangerous vaccine on the market for 22 years and counting, causing a huge
epidemic of autism and bowel disease. That is worse than criminal, satanic
sums that up

and that is one top of injecting mercury into millions of kids and pregnany
women

Old April 15th 10, 10:11 PM posted to alt.support.autism,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Peter Parry

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 21:14:57 +0100, "john" wrote:

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:36:26 +0100, "john" wrote:

Chucking mud at wakefield

Wakefield is wallowing in a mud bath entirely of his own manufacture.
These advertisements you keep posting for him are simply showing up
the way he is trying to distort reality. Unfortunately for him the
stench around his rotting ideas will never go away.

isn't going to hide the fact you have kept a
dangerous vaccine on the market for 22 years and counting, causing a huge
epidemic of autism and bowel disease.

There isn't a shred of evidence to support this asinine ideas.
Wakefields reliance upon the flawed work of Unigenetics has been
proven to be worthless. His hypothesis depended upon finding measles
in the gut and it simply wasn't there. He is now chasing money, not
science.

satanic sums that up

Would that involve burn marks from sitting on Ley lines?