infant/baby room monitor

Old January 27th 05, 07:55 AM
John Doe

Default infant/baby room monitor

I buy and use infant/baby room monitor's.

In case anyone else is as impressed as I was looking at The First
Years 900 MHz Everywhere Monitor.

http://www.thefirstyears.com/product...sp?pValue=3998

It looks impressive. It is nearly waterproof and very shock resistant
according to their claims. It definitely looks great.

Until I opened it up. The inside is a mess. Some of the surface mount
components have solder tails as if they were soldered by hand. A
friend suggested that some of the goo was there for waterproofing. I
think maybe so, but there was other stuff wrong with the way it was
put together, especially the circuit board components.

I guess that's why I got it cheap.

By the way, anybody want to have my baby?
[kidding, just kidding]

Take care.