Drugged For Peace

Old June 18th 06, 07:16 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Default Drugged For Peace

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...001022,00.html

Excerpts:

Sydney University's dean of education and social work Derrick Armstrong said
children had been given the ADHD "label" to cover a multitude of problems
that had not been addressed and given drugs "basically to quieten them
down".

Professor Armstrong said the over-prescribing of ADHD drugs had become a
growth industry.

"The long-term effects of drug treatment are not well known or well
researched but there is evidence of children suffering quite serious illness
as a result of Ritalin use, even deaths of children."

Old June 19th 06, 05:30 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

V,

Can you not entertain the possibility that Dr. B and his colleagues are
correct in their bipolar diagnosis and their belief that the dexedrine
induced psychosis?

I like the Kitten homestay. It beats the homeless shelter, huh??

Twittering One wrote:
Antipsychoitcs and drugs like Depakeen are FAR MORE DANGEROUS
and the withdrawal syndrome, in comparison, severe enough
to induce halucinations, as was the case with me, when after

3 weeks of forced medication with
Depakeen and Geodon (antispchotic) ...

I stopped the medications, and I experienced SEVERE withdrawal
and visual HALUCINATIONS so bad I checked myself back
into the hospital that forcefully medicated for Bipolar, a disorder
I DO NOT HAVE.

I have NEVER experience such withdrawal on ANY ADHD
medication I have take, and on Dexedrine, I experience
no adverse effects whatsoever.

Antipsychotics and Bipolar medications are potentially
VERY dangerous drugs.

Virginia Hooper

Old June 19th 06, 06:26 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Twittering One wrote:
Antipsychoitcs and drugs like Depakeen are FAR MORE DANGEROUS
and the withdrawal syndrome, in comparison, severe enough
to induce halucinations, as was the case with me, when after

3 weeks of forced medication with
Depakeen and Geodon (antispchotic) ...

I stopped the medications, and I experienced SEVERE withdrawal
and visual HALUCINATIONS so bad I checked myself back
into the hospital that forcefully medicated for Bipolar, a disorder
I DO NOT HAVE.

I have NEVER experience such withdrawal on ANY ADHD
medication I have take, and on Dexedrine, I experience
no adverse effects whatsoever.

Antipsychotics and Bipolar medications are potentially
VERY dangerous drugs.

Virginia Hooper

Depakeen (similar to Depakote) is awful. If you felt drugged, sluggish,
dimmed, etc., it was probably more due to the Depakeen than the Geodon.
The Geodon side-effects should have worn off after about a week, but
the Depakeen (and Depakote) s/e just go on and on. I took Depakote for
about a year, and have never felt so slow (mentally and physically) in
my life.

Old June 20th 06, 02:23 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Sue me for posting facts wrote:
Twittering One wrote:
Antipsychoitcs and drugs like Depakeen are FAR MORE DANGEROUS
and the withdrawal syndrome, in comparison, severe enough
to induce halucinations, as was the case with me, when after

3 weeks of forced medication with
Depakeen and Geodon (antispchotic) ...

I stopped the medications, and I experienced SEVERE withdrawal
and visual HALUCINATIONS so bad I checked myself back
into the hospital that forcefully medicated for Bipolar, a disorder
I DO NOT HAVE.

I have NEVER experience such withdrawal on ANY ADHD
medication I have take, and on Dexedrine, I experience
no adverse effects whatsoever.

Antipsychotics and Bipolar medications are potentially
VERY dangerous drugs.

Virginia Hooper

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0606/S00235.htm
Monday, 19 June 2006, 11:07 am
Opinion: Evelyn Pringle

Truth in Posting:

Evelyn Pringle is a shill for class action lawyers.

She cites TeenScreen. Wikipedia says:

"TeenScreen has become the subject of much controversy. It has been
criticized for conducting screenings without explicit parental consent
and relying instead on passive consent whereby consent is assumed if it
is not explicitly denied.[4]

TeenScreen's percent of false-positives for their screening tool is 84%.
Which means the program "would result in 84 nonsuicidal teens being
referred for further evaluation for every 16 youths correctly
identified."[5]. The creator of the screening questionnaire, David
Shaffer, has stated; "[TeenScreen] does identify a whole bunch of kids
who aren’t really suicidal, so you get a lot of false-positives." [6]
Due to the high rate of false-positives for the screening, critics also
allege that students in the program are liable to be prescribed
inappropriate psychiatric drugs.[7]

TeenScreen is the subject of a lawsuit in a case in Indiana. [8] The
actual copy of the lawsuit is on the Rutherford Institutes's website. [9]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeenScreen

Mo

http://www.teenscreentruth.com/teenscreen_exposed.html

She cites Dr. Breggin.

According to Kelly O'Meara, author of the newly released book, Psyched
Out, America has a drug problem. "It's not as covert as those illicit
and illegal "Just Say No" drugs," she says, "but, rather, Americans
have become drug users by way of being diagnosed as suffering from one
or a number of alleged mental disorders."

"Sharing one's feelings with a doctor," she warns, "more often than not
is all it takes to be diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder and
prescribed a mind-altering drug to "treat" the disorder."

According to O'Meara, "scattered data from a variety of sources provide
a shocking glimpse at not only the direction the drugging of America is
heading, but also," she says, "the number of Americans being labeled as
mentally ill."

One of the top classes of over-prescribed drugs are the new generation
of atypicals antipsychotics that were adopted because of claims by drug
makers that they were safer, more effective and produced fewer side
effects than the older antipsychotics.

However, over the past several years, drug companies have been forced
to admit to misleading the FDA, physicians, and consumers about the
deadly side effects associated with these drugs including an increased
risk of suicide.

According to Harvard trained psychiatrist, Dr Stefan Kruszewski, "the
new generation of antipsychotics substantially increase the risk of
obesity, diabetes type II, hypertension, cardiovascular complications,
heart attacks and stroke."

"The drug causes both a severe metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular
problems," he explains, "at the same time that they continue to
cause neurological side effects like the older typical antipsychotics."

Dr Kruszewski says the drug makers knew of many of these side effects
but withheld the data from the FDA. "So, what we have now are drugs,"
he advises, "whose massive revenues and promotion are based upon
faulty disclosures by the manufacturers."

{.....}

According to the June 12, 2006 New York Times, today more mentally ill
patients die from diabetes and complications like heart disease than
from suicide. "Uncontrolled diabetes can ruin a person's life as much
as uncontrolled schizophrenia," Dr Newcomer, a professor of psychiatry
at Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis, told the
Times.

{....}

Vince Boem, one of the nation's most prolific researchers on
psychotropic drugs, agrees with this theory and says, "Antipsychotics
have the unique ability to create their own illness."

"If you are not "schizophrenic" before you take these drugs," he
says "you will become a "schizophrenic" in short order."

{....}

In an August 2005 interview with Street Spirit, Whitaker said: "They
have done death rates of people treated with standard neuroleptics and
then they compare that with death rates of people treated with atypical
antipsychotics, and it doubles."

"In fact," he said, "in their seven-year study, 25 of the 72
patients died."

{.....}

The researchers in the study pooled the results of 15 previous studies
on atypicals Zyprexa, Risperdal, Seroquel and Abilify. Among more than
5,000 elderly dementia patients, those taking any of the 4 drugs faced
a 54% increased risk of dying within 12 weeks of starting the drugs,
compared to patients taking placebos.

{....}

Old June 24th 06, 05:35 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Default Amphetamine Psychosis ... was: Drugged For Peace

Jan Drew wrote:
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...001022,00.html

Excerpts:

Sydney University's dean of education and social work Derrick Armstrong said
children had been given the ADHD "label" to cover a multitude of problems
that had not been addressed and given drugs "basically to quieten them
down".

Professor Armstrong said the over-prescribing of ADHD drugs had become a
growth industry.

"The long-term effects of drug treatment are not well known or well
researched but there is evidence of children suffering quite serious illness
as a result of Ritalin use, even deaths of children."

History of the transformation of our ' Ontario ' logo.

http://www.thestar.com/images/thesta...3_trillium.jpg

Ontario is a province ( state, shire, canton, district, territory,
region, etc ...)

Cordially,

RL