33 week check up

Old March 1st 05, 10:00 PM
bookers

Default 33 week check up

Hi All

I have got back from my 33 week check up with my midwife.

My blood pressure was great.
The measurements were all fine.
My polycose test results were fantastic.

Now the big news my baby has semi engaged, there is a chart of 0-5 that they
use in New Zealand and my baby is at 3 which is right in the middle there,
it is fantastic and she is facing my back which is marvellous as her spine
is in line with my tummy and not in line with my spine which I have heard
fro my mother that it is quite painful like that.

I am now on fortnightly check ups which is kinda scary as it means that the
time is getting closer and I actually have to do this.

Its funny the things you don't think about before you get pregnant and even
during until you get to those last stages.

Chanelle
Due 18/04/05

Old March 2nd 05, 06:33 AM
Anne Rogers

My blood pressure was great.
The measurements were all fine.
My polycose test results were fantastic.

Now the big news my baby has semi engaged, there is a chart of 0-5 that
they
use in New Zealand and my baby is at 3 which is right in the middle there,
it is fantastic and she is facing my back which is marvellous as her spine
is in line with my tummy and not in line with my spine which I have heard
fro my mother that it is quite painful like that.

glad everything is fine, being at 3 is quite a nice place for the baby to
be, at least it was for me, a bit more space to breath and eat, but not so
low as to be causing trouble at the other end.

It does seem wierd that you are going to have to do it, I've just started
thinking that and this is my 2nd!

Anne

Old March 2nd 05, 07:44 PM

I didnt realise that you still get like that with your 2nd!!!!

How far along are you?

Old March 5th 05, 01:26 PM
Anne Rogers

I didnt realise that you still get like that with your 2nd!!!!

How far along are you?

I'm 25 weeks and it is really hitting that I will be heavily pregnant, more
uncomfortable etc. and after all that I'll have to do labour!

Anne

Old March 5th 05, 10:42 PM
Melania

Anne Rogers wrote:
I didnt realise that you still get like that with your 2nd!!!!

How far along are you?

I'm 25 weeks and it is really hitting that I will be heavily

pregnant, more
uncomfortable etc. and after all that I'll have to do labour!

Anne

Oh, am I with you. I'm at 29 weeks today and for the past three days
have basically spent 3-4 hours lying on the couch (or vegging in front
of the computer . . . ) while ds runs riot through the house (well, not
really, he's a pretty laid-back kid). I'm so tired all of a sudden. I
have had a sinus infection, a sick toddler, and houseguests who just
left, so it's reasonable to be tired, but I just feel like all the
energy has been sucked out of me. I can't help think it will be harder
to do the newborn thing with a mom-hungry toddler always to hand.

I'm not that worried about the actual labour, though - just the 10
weeks leading up to it and the three months or so after it!

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

Old March 6th 05, 10:04 PM
chonni

"Melania" wrote in message roups.com...
Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

-------------
I was wondering is it strange to want the next 6 weeks leading up to
full term at home with my partner and nobody else, and then I want the
3 months afterwards at home with my partner and nobody else like
family staying the night until baby is 3 months old so I can get her
into a routine??? Is this wrong???

I dont think it is but Mother in Law is being very pushy and wants to
come up in 2 weeks for the weekend and then wants to come up every 2nd
weekend and stay at my house after the baby is born.

What should I do, I dont want stress before cause it could bring on
labour and I dont want stress afterwards either
Old March 6th 05, 10:31 PM
Melania

chonni wrote:
"Melania" wrote in message

roups.com...
Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

Totally normal - take the time for the two of you just to be together
and enjoy that!

and then I want the
3 months afterwards at home with my partner and nobody else like
family staying the night until baby is 3 months old so I can get her
into a routine??? Is this wrong???

I don't think it's wrong - it's what you want. Personally, I want
*some* help, and if my mom lived near here she wouldn't be staying the
night, but she's flying in to see us. Anyone other than my mom (and I
mean *anyone*) would be more stress than help, b/c I would feel like I
had guests.

I dont think it is but Mother in Law is being very pushy and wants

come up in 2 weeks for the weekend and then wants to come up every

2nd
weekend and stay at my house after the baby is born.

What should I do, I dont want stress before cause it could bring on
labour and I dont want stress afterwards either

I don't think stressing out about this is going to bring on labour. But
I also think that if having your MIL around is going to stress you out,
especially after the baby is born, then you shouldn't be expected to
bow to her wishes. OTOH, it's natural for her to want to connect with
her grandchild; is there anywhere else she can sleep? With #1, my
inlaws came for a week but they stayed at a relative's house and just
came over during the days. Other friends of mine have relatives stay at
a B&B or nearby hotel, just to cut down on the overcrowded feeling at
home.

Good luck
Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

Old March 7th 05, 12:51 AM
Ericka Kammerer

chonni wrote:

I was wondering is it strange to want the next 6 weeks leading up to
full term at home with my partner and nobody else, and then I want the
3 months afterwards at home with my partner and nobody else like
family staying the night until baby is 3 months old so I can get her
into a routine??? Is this wrong???

I dont think it is but Mother in Law is being very pushy and wants to
come up in 2 weeks for the weekend and then wants to come up every 2nd
weekend and stay at my house after the baby is born.

What should I do, I dont want stress before cause it could bring on
labour and I dont want stress afterwards either

It is your prerogative to decide, and you need to do
whatever you need to do to make things right for you and
your baby. You also will likely not feel up to playing
hostess, so if prospective visitors want to stay in your
house and will expect to be waited on hand and foot, then
it's probably wise to refuse.
That said, freezing someone that close to you out
for a month and a half at the end of your pregnancy and
for three months thereafter is a *long* time. Also,
if you make a huge deal out of this and end up *needing*
(or wanting) help from others (which can certainly happen),
it won't be fun to have burned your bridges or to have to
eat crow.
Some of your assumptions sound a little wonky
to me. I can't imagine why you need three months free
of grandparents to get a baby on a schedule. They're not
going to hop right onto a schedule anyway, and unless the
grandparents are party animals or something, it's hard to
imagine how their presence would interfere. I also think
it extraordinarily unlikely that being around the grandparents
would throw you into premature labor, unless the grandparents
are *really* outrageous.
It's not uncommon or unreasonable to want to spend some
alone time as a new family, or not to feel up to playing hostess
right after the birth, or to be a bit nervous about first time
parenting in front of a crowd, or whatever. On the other hand,
it's also not uncommon for mothers or MILs to be a welcome
respite, especially if they're the helpful sort.
Whatever you decide, at least take a few minutes
and think about it from the grandparents' perspective.
Your baby is almost as precious to them as to you. Can you
imagine how you'd feel if you gave birth and never got to
see your baby for three months, or if you only got brief
visits for three months? While it's not *that* severe
for grandparents, they're the next closest family and they're
still anxious to see both the new baby and the new parents.
To hear that they're not welcome for such a long time is
likely to come as a slap in the face to them, especially
since they've likely been regaled by tales from their
friends of the special bonding time they spent with new
grandbabies (maybe even starting in the delivery room)
and how they were so helpful to and welcomed by the new
parents. Now they have to come slinking back to their
friends and admit they're not welcome for three months?
That has to feel pretty bad. Just as you have all sorts
of hopes and dreams about how things will be with your
new baby, the grandparents have all sorts of hopes and
dreams about how things will be with their new grandbaby,
and that's perfectly normal for all of you.
I'm not saying all that to say that you have
an obligation to let your MIL come and stay as often
and as long as she wants. I'm just trying to give you
some perspective on how she might be feeling. She might
feel that she's trying to do something very nice and
generous and loving for you. Heck, when the time comes,
you might find yourself desperate for that help! That
doesn't mean that you have to allow her to come, but
I think it suggests that whatever you decide, you should
break it to her very gently and with a lot of respect
for the hurt it might cause her. Anything you can do
or say to try to help her get what she wants while you
get what you need will be helpful here.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old March 7th 05, 01:57 AM
bookers

"Melania" wrote in message
oups.com...

chonni wrote:
"Melania" wrote in message

roups.com...
Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

------------------

Well yea I wouldnt mind if she came around during the day but I dont want
to have to worry about baby waking up in the night and maybe waking in laws
up.

I have expressed these feelings to my partner and hope he can talk some
sense into her.

My mum will prob be over everyday so I dont see why MIL should have to
stay way but I dont want them staying the night.

My 13 week Check Up! Tori M. Pregnancy 6 April 14th 04 08:17 PM
24 week check up melizabeth Pregnancy 3 March 15th 04 07:18 PM
37 week cervical check chris Pregnancy 4 September 30th 03 01:42 AM
UPDATE (Was: Cruise in the 34th week of pregnancy) Elly Pregnancy 1 August 22nd 03 09:05 PM
Advance Child Tax Credit check question Tracy Child Support 30 August 6th 03 03:36 AM