NY: A330 - NOW Launches Counterattack Against FaFNY, Sackson Horde

Old April 12th 06, 01:01 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce

Default NY: A330 - NOW Launches Counterattack Against FaFNY, Sackson Horde

From a news letter that just arrived..

NOW Launches Counterattack Against FaFNY, Sackson Horde

Committee on Children & Families in support of A330, the New York Shared
Parenting Bill, the New York State Chapter of the National Organization for
Women and Stop Family Violence have launched a counterattack. To see NOW's
Call to Action, click here. To read the Stop Family Violence Call to Action,
click here. In both cases, it's the usual feminist hysterics about savage
males and innocent, saintly, victimized females.

As during our Campaign Against PBS's Father-Bashing Breaking the Silence,
NOW is not able to match our numbers. However, their counterattack is still
problematic. This is because the Assembly committee members began blocking
emails from our supporters after last week's wave, and we stopped faxing the
committee members two weeks ago at their request. I don't blame
them--staffers told our activists that the deluge prevented them from being
able to get any work done.

However, the result is that at this point the committee members are pretty
much just hearing from feminist opponents of A330, even though we have far
more supporters. As a remedy, I suggest you call the committee members
yourselves and send them faxes and emails independently. These aren't
blocked and will get through. To call, fax, and email the committee members,
click here.

A330, the New York Shared Parenting Bill, is sponsored by the Coalition of
Fathers and Families New York, the New York affiliate of the American
Coalition for Fathers & Children. To learn more about the bill, see my
co-authored column Shared Parenting Bill Would Help New York's Children of
Divorce (Albany Times Union, 3/28/06) and NOW president Marcia Pappas' Joint
custody bill not in child's interest. Again, to contact the committee
members, click here.

Surprise: Albany Times Union Endorses Shared Parenting

The Albany Times Union has long been seen by shared parenting advocates as a
pro-feminist/anti-male obstacle. However, as I've pointed out, both during
the PBS campaign and the A330 campaign the Times Union has made a legitimate
and admirable effort to be fair and to give both sides a hearing.

Nonetheless I was more than a little surprised to find this morning that the
Albany Times Union is now endorsing Shared Parenting and A330. In the
editorial Custody challenges: It's time New York embraced the concept of
shared parenting the paper's editorial board writes that A330's presumption
for shared parenting is "the right presumption--and an overdue one." The
editorial has its weaknesses, but it represents a significant step forward
for our movement in New York, a key battleground state.

Stop Family Violence Says a Child's Love for His Parents Only Matters if the
Parents Get Along

I've written many times about feminists' desire to give divorcing mothers a
veto over fathers' fatherhood and over children's right to a relationship
with their fathers. In Stop Family Violence's Call to Action here they write
"fathers' rights proponents will also tell you that what's best for children
of divorce is that courts protect the loving bonds with the two most
important people in children's lives--the child's mother and father. That's
true, but only if the parents get along and choose joint custody." In other
words, the bonds matter, unless mom's mad at dad, in which case they can be
quickly tossed aside.

Old April 12th 06, 03:22 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce

Dusty wrote:

From a news letter that just arrived..

This is because the Assembly
committee members began blocking emails from our supporters after
last week's wave, and we stopped faxing the committee members two
weeks ago at their request. I don't blame them--staffers told our
activists that the deluge prevented them from being able to get any
work done.

However, the result is that at this point the committee members are
pretty much just hearing from feminist opponents of A330, even though
we have far more supporters. As a remedy, I suggest you call the
committee members yourselves and send them faxes and emails
independently. These aren't blocked and will get through. To call,
fax, and email the committee members, click here.

To be truly effective, all correspndence should be independent, anyway.
Campaigns that are obviously too organized don't carry as much weight.
You/they are also forgetting the best method... leal life letters on
paper delivered by snail-mail. They can't stop it, and there's
something about a pile of paper in their office that has a greater
mental effect. And, it is also viewed that anyone can write an e-mail
or pick up the phone, but if sitting down to address an envelope is too
much of a bother, then it's not really as important as you say it is,
is it?

--
You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill
the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the plate and give the