Potty training questioons

Old May 9th 06, 10:09 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Potty training questioons

Here is the deal. DD is almost 27 months old and wears cloth diapers.
Lately, she's been taking off her diapers. Today, she had a diaper and pants
on. She also took both of them off (for the first time) and handed me her
soiled diaper. Imagine my surprise, hehe.

I never potty-trained a child before. Is she ready to potty-train? DD has a
potty chair waiting for the day when she is "ready", but she is hard to tell
when she needs to go. Just the smell lets me know. I live in a carpeted
place save for the kitchen and bathrooms, so I am concerned about letting DD
run naked and have accidents during the potty-training. I have been reading
about it, but I am more interested in knowing your experiences. So, what
did you do with your child/ren? Any helpful tips? TIA.

Old May 10th 06, 12:25 AM posted to misc.kids

I let my girls guide me when they were ready. I didn't have to do the
bare-bottomed method because once they were ready, they went without any
accidents.
Until they can make the connection that they have to go, get themselves
there on time, and get their stuff off, then IMO they are not ready. Potty
training was easy as pie. I did not; however, take this method with my first
and it was a living hell because it was me pushing her and her taking
control and not going. It became a power struggle. Once I backed off and let
her do the work, it was easy.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old May 10th 06, 01:54 AM posted to misc.kids

On Tue, 09 May 2006 21:09:47 GMT, "Marie" wrote:

Just the smell lets me know. I live in a carpeted place save
for the kitchen and bathrooms, so I am concerned about letting
DD run naked and have accidents during the potty-training.

It's not called the naked and $175.00 potty training method for
nothing. The $175.00 is for cleaning the carpets after the child
is trained. g

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old May 10th 06, 02:00 AM posted to misc.kids

"toto" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 May 2006 21:09:47 GMT, "Marie" wrote:

Just the smell lets me know. I live in a carpeted place save
for the kitchen and bathrooms, so I am concerned about letting
DD run naked and have accidents during the potty-training.

It's not called the naked and $175.00 potty training method for
nothing. The $175.00 is for cleaning the carpets after the child
is trained. g

Thank goodness we had dogs first and did away with all the carpets! ;-)

Old May 10th 06, 02:06 PM posted to misc.kids

My daughter is half trained right now. What I have done this, I've cut her
fluids and give her about 3 to 4 sippy cups a day. Then I about 20 mins
after she drinks them asks if she has to go. Normally she does. So I take
her up she puts her seat on the potty and she goes. Then sometime during
the time period in between she asks me to go so I take her and well
sometimes she goes some times she doesn't. at night she wakes me up around
10pm and asks to go and we take her then. She also goes before bed too.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Alex 6/4/05

Old May 10th 06, 11:38 PM posted to misc.kids

My son was between two and three somewhere when we started and closer
to three when it took. We tried the potty chair with the magic star,
but he didn't have enough piddle to make it change colors. We finally
just bought a step stool that we placed in front of the potty in the
half bath with a padded toilet seat always on it. We also bought those
cotton training pants; they absorb enough for them to recognize "uh oh,
gotta go potty" and not enough to make them feel it is okay to finish
the job in them. We had a few episodes where the socks even got soaked,
but he didn't like that enough to figure out when it was time to go. We
also left his books by this potty. We have a cute pic of him sitting
there reading with some safety goggles from his tool shop set on. lol.
Anyway, the poo poo came later and once we all did the poo-poo on the
potty dance, it took. lol. My daughter just potty trained herself
through the night and during the day literally overnight. Next time she
hands you a soiled didey, take the diaper to the potty with her along,
put the poo in the potty and let her flush it to start and explain that
this is where potty goes and ask her if she wants to try. If she says
yes, put her on. At first, just sitting there like a big kid is novelty
enough to spark their curiosity and pretty nifty to them when they make
it to the potty. We also bought some potty stickers from Hallmark that
we let him put on the training potty every time he first started making
it there and ONLY if the potty made it into the toilet - it was some
incentive.

CTTS: Potty Training Tori M. Pregnancy 9 February 5th 05 10:07 PM
CTTS: Potty Training Tori M. General 9 February 5th 05 10:07 PM
OT - Potty training - can it be child-led? (xpost) Cathy Weeks General 40 November 21st 03 10:05 PM
OT - Potty training - can it be child-led? (xpost) Cathy Weeks Pregnancy 41 November 21st 03 10:05 PM
OT - Potty training - can it be child-led? (xpost) Cathy Weeks Breastfeeding 49 November 21st 03 07:43 PM