booster seat recommendation

Old January 8th 07, 05:20 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default booster seat recommendation

I need to get booster seat for DD1. She's almost 40 lbs and about 40
inches tall. The varieties/features/brands are confusing. I found this
on costco website. It's priced at $49. Since I need two of these I was
thinking it's a good price range. There are others more expensive but I
don't know if the marginal benefit is worth the increase in cost.

Does anyone have any experience with this booster seat? Is this model
missing any features that you liked in other seats?

http://urlsnip.com/952121

We sometimes go on long trips. We have about 40 minute each way commute
every day. So these boosters will be used a lot. I want to get a
comfortable one with a reasonable price tab.

Thanks.

Old January 8th 07, 09:49 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeanne

wrote:
I need to get booster seat for DD1. She's almost 40 lbs and about 40
inches tall. The varieties/features/brands are confusing. I found this
on costco website. It's priced at $49. Since I need two of these I was
thinking it's a good price range. There are others more expensive but I
don't know if the marginal benefit is worth the increase in cost.

Does anyone have any experience with this booster seat? Is this model
missing any features that you liked in other seats?

http://urlsnip.com/952121

That's the one we got for DD when she was young and we now have it for
DS. We like it as much as the Britax - a friend of ours had that one
for her children. The Britax is a bit more comfortable for napping
because it had deeper "wings" but I don't think it's worth the extra cost.

The kids really liked the dual drink holders - usually one held little
toys while the other held a cup.
Old January 9th 07, 12:07 AM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

I have 2 of these, one for each kid.
I'm not crazy about how easy it is for them to pull the seat belt strap out
.... I'm currently looking for another type of booster. I wouldn't buy this
type again.

ps.com...

Old January 9th 07, 12:15 AM posted to misc.kids
Tracey

wrote in message
ps.com...

Does anyone have any experience with this booster seat? Is this model
missing any features that you liked in other seats?

http://urlsnip.com/952121

We have this exact booster seat, and we are quite happy with it.

Old January 9th 07, 02:18 AM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers

I have 2 of these, one for each kid.
I'm not crazy about how easy it is for them to pull the seat belt strap
out ... I'm currently looking for another type of booster. I wouldn't buy
this type again.

isn't that just a general feature of boosters? it looks to have a similar
arrangement to any I've every seen, so I can't see how others would be any
better, would appreciate more info if you have any, so I can evaluate seats
for this when the time comes for us to buy one

Cheers

Anne

Old January 9th 07, 07:36 AM posted to misc.kids
xkatx

wrote in message
ps.com...
I need to get booster seat for DD1. She's almost 40 lbs and about 40
inches tall. The varieties/features/brands are confusing. I found this
on costco website. It's priced at $49. Since I need two of these I was
thinking it's a good price range. There are others more expensive but I
don't know if the marginal benefit is worth the increase in cost.

Does anyone have any experience with this booster seat? Is this model
missing any features that you liked in other seats?

http://urlsnip.com/952121

We sometimes go on long trips. We have about 40 minute each way commute
every day. So these boosters will be used a lot. I want to get a
comfortable one with a reasonable price tab.

Thanks.

I haven't read the replies of others, but IME, I swear by the high back
seats. We have one like that Graco one, but ours is blue and a convertible
(it has the option of a 5-point harness with a tether strap OR use as a
booster seat only with the shoulder belt only. DS always loved the cup
holders and the arm rests are handy. I also like the one we have as the
head rest part almost wraps around the child's face, which (IME) CAN save a
child's head even a little in the case of a side-impact collision. I know
our high back seat with a slightly curved head rest allowed DS to keep his
head with only a decent scalp laceration. Helluva lot better than getting
something even worse.
I also am quite fond of the Graco car seats. DD2 has an infant Graco
carrier seat and I absolutely love it. I find that they can be more
expensive, but they're well worth it. And if they're only around the $50
mark, that might even be on the higher end of price for a booster seat only,
as I've seen other seats for as low as $25-$30, but those are often just the
seats, not the high-backs (which, I, personally swear by)

Old January 9th 07, 07:07 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
I have 2 of these, one for each kid.
I'm not crazy about how easy it is for them to pull the seat belt strap
out ... I'm currently looking for another type of booster. I wouldn't
buy this type again.

isn't that just a general feature of boosters? it looks to have a similar
arrangement to any I've every seen, so I can't see how others would be any
better, would appreciate more info if you have any, so I can evaluate
seats for this when the time comes for us to buy one

Cheers

Anne

That may be.
I know that I'm not crazy about these seats. When I find something I like
better, I'll post it. I just started looking around.