For a friend - Baby's leg getting caught in crib bars?

Old March 9th 04, 05:06 PM
Sophie

Default For a friend - Baby's leg getting caught in crib bars?

Need your help for a friend. She has a daughter who is 7 months old. She
now goes from laying down to sitting up. At naptime and bedtime she sits up,
scoots over to the bars, and gets her leg caught. They took out the bumper
pads cos she was using those to stand on. My friend and her husband have to
go in 2 or 3 times to get her leg out of the bars.

I don't remember my kids doing this at 7 months. I do remember them doing
it when they were older and it was time to move them out of the crib anyway.

Any tricks you all know?

Thanks,
Sophie

#4 due 7/18/04

Katie used to do that. I never found anything to keep her from doing it,
and once ended up calling 911 because I couldn't get her leg unlodged. I
just put her in a regular bed as soon as I possibly could. I think she was
just under a year old.

Denise

Old March 9th 04, 05:17 PM
Sophie

Katie used to do that. I never found anything to keep her from doing it,
and once ended up calling 911 because I couldn't get her leg unlodged.

Well that one I know - Pam Cooking Spray. Patrick used to get his leg stuck
in the slats in the back of a rocking chair.

just put her in a regular bed as soon as I possibly could. I think she

was
just under a year old.

Denise

Oh my friend babies her daughter way too much to even *consider* a bed yet.

Thanks

Old March 9th 04, 05:20 PM
Circe

Sophie wrote:
Any tricks you all know?

How about swaddling the baby's legs before putting her to bed? Or, if she
can find one in her baby's size, putting her to bed in a sleep sack?
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [2] mom)

Old March 9th 04, 06:06 PM
toypup

"Sophie" wrote in message
Need your help for a friend. She has a daughter who is 7 months old.

She
now goes from laying down to sitting up. At naptime and bedtime she sits

up,
scoots over to the bars, and gets her leg caught. They took out the

bumper
pads cos she was using those to stand on. My friend and her husband have

go in 2 or 3 times to get her leg out of the bars.

I don't remember my kids doing this at 7 months. I do remember them doing
it when they were older and it was time to move them out of the crib

anyway.

Any tricks you all know?

Try a breathable mesh bumper. They look too flimsy to stand on.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...51848?v=glance

Old March 9th 04, 06:21 PM
toypup

"toypup" wrote in message

"Sophie" wrote in message
Need your help for a friend. She has a daughter who is 7 months old.

She
now goes from laying down to sitting up. At naptime and bedtime she sits

up,
scoots over to the bars, and gets her leg caught. They took out the

bumper
pads cos she was using those to stand on. My friend and her husband

have
go in 2 or 3 times to get her leg out of the bars.

I don't remember my kids doing this at 7 months. I do remember them

doing
it when they were older and it was time to move them out of the crib

anyway.

Any tricks you all know?

Try a breathable mesh bumper. They look too flimsy to stand on.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...51848?v=glance

Another alternative is the crib shield.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=baby&n=542328

Old March 9th 04, 09:50 PM
Becca Butterwick

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Circe wrote:

Sophie wrote:
Any tricks you all know?

How about swaddling the baby's legs before putting her to bed? Or, if she
can find one in her baby's size, putting her to bed in a sleep sack?

A sleepsack is a great idea, and works very well with our daughter (17
months). There's definitely a size available for a 7 month old.
Old March 9th 04, 11:33 PM
Robyn Kozierok

In article r.org,
Becca Butterwick wrote:
On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Circe wrote:

Sophie wrote:
Any tricks you all know?

How about swaddling the baby's legs before putting her to bed? Or, if she
can find one in her baby's size, putting her to bed in a sleep sack?

A sleepsack is a great idea, and works very well with our daughter (17
months). There's definitely a size available for a 7 month old.

Really? Where do you find them? I never found a size larger than
0-6 mos.

--Robyn (whose kids are too old for this to matter, just curious...
mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)
Old March 9th 04, 11:46 PM
Sophie

Thanks for the replies so far, I've sent them all along in an e-mail to my
friend.

Sophie