Fight with a friend

Old December 3rd 03, 11:17 PM
Cheryl S.

Default Fight with a friend

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
t.cable.rogers.com...
She emailed me today and asked if I was planning
to breastfeed her while she was in college.

Hoo boy, this woman has SOME nerve. I'd ask her why she's so interested
in my breasts.

Side rant: I so totally do not get why so many people seem to think
that anything a baby does at X months of age, they are still going to be
doing when they are 20 years old.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 8 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old December 3rd 03, 11:21 PM
badgirl

"AlenasMom" wrote in
I restrained myself.... I was so proud!
She emailed me today and asked if I was planning to breastfeed her while
she was in college.
I told that was silly! Alena's going to university, and if that's what she
wants, then sure!

PLEASE give us her email !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG we would have SUCH fun with that *snicker*

I can't believe she did that to you, what a BITCH!

Jen

Old December 3rd 03, 11:52 PM
AlenasMom

"badgirl" wrote in message

"AlenasMom" wrote in
I restrained myself.... I was so proud!
She emailed me today and asked if I was planning to breastfeed her

while
she was in college.
I told that was silly! Alena's going to university, and if that's what

she
wants, then sure!

PLEASE give us her email !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG we would have SUCH fun with that *snicker*

I can't believe she did that to you, what a BITCH!

Jen

That's what I'm thinking. This wedding might end up being REALLY fun!

Old December 4th 03, 12:29 AM
Cheryl S.

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
This wedding might end up being REALLY fun!

how about a mkb nurse-in on this woman's front lawn??
--
Cheryl S., oht
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 7 mo.

Old December 4th 03, 01:19 AM
Karlee in Kansas

AlenasMom wrote

| I restrained myself.... I was so proud!
| She emailed me today and asked if I was planning to breastfeed her while
| she was in college.
| I told that was silly! Alena's going to university, and if that's what
she
| wants, then sure!

Ok. Thats IT. Hand over the email address so she can get the buttwhoopin
she deserves. If you aren't willing to hand it over, feel free to forward
this rant to her, because it is directed at her.

Excuse me, but I think that you missed the train to your home planet. On
*this* planet BOOBS are put on our bodies to FEED CHILDREN. On YOUR planet
they are obviously there for decoration. On our planet mammals have
breasts with which to feed their offspring. On homosapiens they are caled
Breasts, on bovines they are Udders, and most other mammals they are called
teats. You can call them whatever you want....knockers, boom booms,
"personality", hooters, tits, boobs, boobies, bresticles, whatever. Some
are big, some are little. Some are perky, some are droopy. Most are
natural, and some are plastic. Some are pink, some are brown, and some are
in shades between pink and brown. Some nipples are big, some are small,
some are flat, some are pointy, and some are even "innies". What you call
them, and what they look like, has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on their intended
useage. LOTS and I mean LOTS of women in this country USE them TO FEED
THEIR CHILDREN. In many many many other contries, bottles and formula are
unheard of. In that case, how do you think that the babies get fed?
Osmosis maybe? Mainstream media has turned breasts into big money makers.
Huge money makers. A lot of men (not all but quite a few) think that
breasts are there for their entertainment. Well they might be fun to play
with, but that is not their primary function. Their primary function is to
FEED CHILDREN. The American Association of Pediatrics recommends that a
woman BREASTFEED her child for a MINIMUM of **1 YEAR** or until weaning is
mutually agreed upon by mother and child. The World Health Organization
recommends that a woman BREASTFEED her child for a MINIMUM of *2YEARS* or
until weaning is mutually agreed upon by mother and child. Key words in
both of these recommendations is MOTHER AND CHILD. Nowhere in those
studies do I see the phrase "or until weaning is mutually agreed upon by
mother, child, and nosy stuckup rude selfish BITCH." The AAP and WHO have
done many many studies on the benefits of breastfeeding. Breastfeeding has
been determined to make a child healthier, help the child ward off
infections, and raise a child's IQ level. It is a proven fact that
breastfed babies are happier, healthier, more adjusted, more mellow little
kids and adults than formula fed babies are. Humans need to be touched.
It is hard to intimately touch a baby in the ways that it needs to be
touched to bolster its psychological health when you are bottle feeding it.
It is recommended that an infant have skin to skin contact with its mother.
It reduces stress in the child, reduces blood pressure, and comforts a baby
in ways that words fail to describe. The easiest way to give your baby skin
to skin contact on a regular, frequent basis is through breastfeeding. You
said that you "were healthy" and you had been bottle fed. Apparently,
MANNERS were not included as one of the ingredients in your formula
feedings, because you are seriously lacking in that respect. It is NONE of
your business if Lina chooses to breastfeed her baby until the child is 80
years old if she so desires. It is NOT YOUR PLACE to tell Lina that she
shouldn't breastfeed her child as long as she wants to. It is NOT YOUR
PLACE to tell Lina that 10 months is "excessive" in length. Lets visit a
few other positive aspects of breastfeeding while we are here shall we?
Breastfeeding is good for mom too. It helps mom overcome some forms of
post partum depression. It helps mom drop weight that she gained while she
was pregnant. It is cheaper and more convenient than bottle feeding. With
bottles, you have to mix, adjust temperature, and wash the bottles. While
you are mixing the formula baby is screaming to be fed, raising its
temperature and blood pressure, and thusly the child is harder to calm when
the bottle is ready. While you are breastfeeding, the baby will start to
show various signs of hunger, so you pick the child up, pop a tit out of
your shirt and feed the baby. No one gets so angry that they pop a vein in
their forehead, no ones blood pressure goes up, and no one is screaming
bloody murder because it takes less than half the time to start nursing
than it does to prepare a bottle.

When I first started this I was angry. Now I want to cry for you and any
kids you may have. You will never feel how strong a bond between mother
and child can be. You will never benefit from the act itself
(breastfeeding has been shown to reduce the risk of breast cancer). You
will probably wind up to be a bottle proper-upper that ignores their baby
instead of taking time out of your busy day to cuddle and love him/her.
You will never have the most cherished and intimate moments of your life.
You will never see a sweet little face looking up at you with big eyes and
a grin from ear to ear and know that you are giving your child the most
pure nourishment that it can have. The act of breastfeeding is not
derogatory to women, it is empowering. The act of breastfeeding is not
"animalistic" in a bad way, you too, are an animal. The act of
breastfeeding is loving, kind, nurturing. If you want derogatory, I'd be
happy to show you to the nearest strip joint and have you reevaluate your
thoughts on breastfeeding. If you so choose to take the "animalistic"
point of view, I would very much like to hear your thoughts on sex. Yes
sex.

So take your pompous pedantic attitude and shove it. Go back to your
little perfect world where babies come out of their mommas fully dressed
and clean, and mommas feed the baby without touching and loving them while
jamming a bottle of nasty tasting crap down their throat. You go ahead and
have whatever preconceptions you want to about breastfeeding. Go ahead and
puke next time you see a mother breastfeeding and I bet she would hardly
give you a second glance because she is used to seeing vomit in all forms.
But while you are feeling ill at the thought, while you are sitting on your
high horse of self righteousness, leave Lina and her decision to breastfeed
her daughter alone. Keep your opinion to yourself. We might not change
your opinion on breastfeeding, but maybe we convince you that your opinion
won't get you anywhere. You aren't going to get her to stop breastfeeding
her daughter. Nothing that you say will change her mind. The only thing
that you will succeed in doing is to make yourself look like an ass, and
cement the thought that people have about you....the one that tells them to
steer clear because you are nothing more than a self serving snob, and no
one likes to have them around.

Old December 4th 03, 01:21 AM
Karlee in Kansas

Lina, I just burnt dinner cause I was typing out a letter for you to email
back to her. Not from you, but from me. If you want it, email me at
mnkbrennan @ charter . net

I'm angry beyond words at this chick. She really honestly needs an ass
whoopin.

Karlee in Kansas

P.S. sorry for the top posting....

~~
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

t.cable.rogers.com...

Old December 4th 03, 01:38 AM
Karlee in Kansas

whoops

Looks like it sent anyway to the ng....

Pardon my embarrassment

--
Karlee in Kansas

"Karlee in Kansas" wrote in message
| AlenasMom wrote
| |

Old December 4th 03, 01:39 AM
Hillary Israeli

In ers.com,
AlenasMom wrote:

*But I'm worried. I have to plan the bridal shower with this woman and I
*just don't know what to say to her. She thinks nursing is disgusting and
*shouldn't be done, ever. She told me to my face that she'll never nurse
[snip]
*
*Any advice???

Lina, I feel for you. I was the *matron of honor* at my brother's wedding
when my firstborn was about 8 weeks old. The bride, who INSISTED on my
being matron of honor, was disgusted by BFing and also insisted my son not
show his face at the wedding. I was as accomodating as possible but of
course I ended up "ruining everything" by doing a number of unforgivable
things on the wedding day (I left the reception every hour and a half to
go nurse my son in our hotel room, I nursed my son in the bathroom during
the picture-taking, I attempted to make a toast to the happy couple at the
reception [still not sure why that was so evil of me but anyway]), and you
know, it generally sucked. I am now on my second nursling and this SIL
still makes every attempt to leave the room when I BF, but at least she no
longer says nasty things about it to me, so things are somewhat improved.

I really have no productive advice, except do what you have to do and what
you know is right and everything will come out ok in the end.

Old December 4th 03, 01:45 AM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Richard wrote:

*"AlenasMom" wrote:
* She emailed me today and asked if I was planning
* to breastfeed her while she was in college.
*
*and Cheryl S. replied:
*: Hoo boy, this woman has SOME nerve. I'd ask her why she's so interested
*: in my breasts.
*
*This is a GREAT approach to take! Answer her e-mail, promising that you
*will keep her fully informed of all activities of your breasts. Ask her
*to send you any e-mail address changes so she won't miss anything.
*
*: Side rant: I so totally do not get why so many people seem to think
*: that anything a baby does at X months of age, they are still going to be
*: doing when they are 20 years old.
*
*Ask her if she's still going to be feeding her kids junk food when they're
*in college. No, I'm getting nasty now.

But seriously, folks...
Why NOT ask her if formula-fed babies still drink formula in college?? I
mean, hello, Bueller.... babies need either breastmilk or formula until a
year, right? So....wtf about stopping before 10 mos? How about you tell
her that you had considered switching to formula, but with the cost of the
bridesmaid's dress and other wedding expenses, well, something had to
give, so you're going to continue the free breastmilk for the full year
and then as longer thereafter as mutually desired, just like your doctor
suggested in the first place. Oh, and also, tell her to kiss your grits
while she's at it