How much should my 1 yo be eating??

Old August 22nd 03, 09:43 PM
Ilse Witch

Default How much should my 1 yo be eating??

A&G&K wrote:
But my question is about what amounts other 1 yo are/were eating / feeding.
DD nurses about 5 times a day and has cereal for brekkie with fruit and
yoghurt, a vegemite sandwich (or similar e.g. avocado, cheese etc) for lunch
(roughly 1 slice of bread) as well as some fruit and yoghurt or custard, and
then meat and veges for dinner once again followed by fruit and yoghurt or
custard. All other snacks are bm. She's not really up to table foods yet
but we do share some things off out plates with her (rice, cooked veges
etc). All drinks are either bm or water.
Her servings are what she will eat at a sitting which isn't a huge amount
(certainly pushing to get through a 170g baby food jar - although that might
be the taste as she normally gets home cooking).

DS is quite into table foods, he will eat what we have. But besides that,
he eats pretty much the same as your DD. I've heard now from several friends
that around 1 year many kids have a turn in their growth curve, meaning that
their growth rate slows down. Sounds to me your ped is getting upset over
nothing and your DD is just fine. OTOH, it is always better to be safe than
sorry. So if I were you I'd just continue with what you're doing, and go for
that extra weight check just to play things safe.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (13m)