OMG!!! info needed please

Old October 6th 03, 03:42 PM
Irene

Default OMG!!! info needed please

Chookie wrote in message ...
In article ,
"A&G&K" wrote:

I just got a +ve HPT!!!!

Congratulations!!

Congratulations!!! I don't know if you've been paying attention, but
welcome to the bf and pregnant club! My ds is 2 though, so supply
issues aren't a big deal. In my completely non-medical advice, I'd
mention the obvious oatmeal, plenty of water and try to eat healthy
and get your prenatal vitamins.

I'm going to call the ABA counsellor tomorrow (given that its Sunday morning
as I'm typing this and I don't think this constitutes a bf emergency quite
yet).

There's actually a booklet on bfing while pregnant that you should be able to
get from your local group sales officer.

Any choice tidbits you can post, since I'm not in Aus?

Irene
mom to Thomas 7/01
#2 EDD 4/04
Old October 7th 03, 12:59 AM
Larry McMahan

A&G&K writes:

: So some q's:
: Is it ok to take fenugreek whilst pg? (I haven't been taking RLT lately so
: that's a bit of luck given that its not safe in the first trimester). How
: much is enough?

Don't know about the fenugreek, but give the other negative replies in this
ng, I will offer the following.

Lots of oatmeal and lots of night nursing.

Good luck,
Larry
Old October 7th 03, 05:07 AM
A&G&K

Thanks everyone,
Its still cool enough here to eat porridge for brekkie so I have been eating
that, and drinking plenty of water.
While my pumped supply is still down, it hasn't decreased any further, and
we worked out why DD has been fussing ... two incredibly hard, and very
large "bumps" on her lower gums. Her lower molars are coming through! I'm
happier now that I've worked out why she's been so fussy.

Thanks again
Amanda

Old October 8th 03, 06:31 AM
elizabeth emerald

"A&G&K" wrote in message
I just got a +ve HPT!!!!
I am still reeling - when we wanted to conceive DD, it took us about a

year
of really trying (bbt and mucus calcs, ovulation pinpointed etc) on top of
what must have been almost a year of not really trying but not taking bc.
...and here we are with a +ve HPT on the first cycle for #2 ... and not a
thermometer or chart in sight.

We are both ecstatic, but so far I've only been able to tell DH (made him
come in and make sure there were *two* lines on that pg stick) and DD (but
given that she's just shy of 14 mo I don't think she'll be blabbing about

it
too much DH wants to keep this on the quiet for a little while but I'm
hopeless at keeping good news a secret. We are going to see my parents
soon, but he doesn't want me to tell then until the Dr has confirmed the
pg.....

So you guys are the first to know

Now to keep this on topic ... here's the problem:
I normally experience a dip in my pumped supply each month for 2-3 days
before AF. Well, I've not been able to get more than half the normal

pumped
amount for the last 4 days and now DD is fussing at the breast ... wanting
to switch sides too often. I want to continue bf her as long as possible

as
she isn't tolerating cow's milk on her cereal quite yet (nothing major,

just
really soft stools), aside from the fact that I just think she's too young
to wean.

I've tried googling to get info on how to increase my supply but I can't
seem to find much info about increasing supply for a 14 mo during pg. ...

think I'm too excited to think straight enough to search for the right
information.
I tried looking in "What to expect when you are expecting" ... but it
basically said to wean asap (which I think is total crap). My fav pg book
"Up the duff" only seems to concentrate on an initial pg and doesn't seem

consider bf whilst pg.

So some q's:
Is it ok to take fenugreek whilst pg? (I haven't been taking RLT lately

so
that's a bit of luck given that its not safe in the first trimester). How
much is enough?
I'm trying to feed DD more often, but she seems to get easily distracted

and
is on-and-off constantly. I guess I should try to keep that up though.
I'm going to call the ABA counsellor tomorrow (given that its Sunday

morning
as I'm typing this and I don't think this constitutes a bf emergency quite
yet).

Anyone who has been through this or has any tips ... please please let me
know.

Amanda
DD 15-August-02
EDD 14 June 04

woo hoo! congratulations!!!!! that'll teach me not to read the ng. i don't
know anything about your questions, but the only way DS gets a good drink of
breastmilk (he's still at 4-5 times a day) is in my bedroom lying down with
the door closed i.e. minimal lighting. if something catches his attention,
esp when we are out, there's just no point in trying to feed then.

p.s i promise to reply to your email soon (after all you wrote it 3 weeks
ago.....)
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old October 8th 03, 02:41 PM
Irene

"A&G&K" wrote in message ...
Thanks everyone,
Its still cool enough here to eat porridge for brekkie so I have been eating
that, and drinking plenty of water.
While my pumped supply is still down, it hasn't decreased any further, and
we worked out why DD has been fussing ... two incredibly hard, and very
large "bumps" on her lower gums. Her lower molars are coming through! I'm
happier now that I've worked out why she's been so fussy.

Thanks again
Amanda

Oh, wow, ds got a couple of molars just after I found I was pg, too!
After a couple of nights of waking every 2 hours, I was glad that was
the reason, and maybe I could survive this after all!

Irene