Child Support Calculation Question

Old December 5th 06, 12:32 AM posted to alt.child-support
Mr. Anonymous

Default Child Support Calculation Question

Two Mothers...

Mother #1, three children
Mother #2, one child

How is child support most likely to be calculated and who is most likely to
get how much of what?

--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention
Old December 5th 06, 01:15 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dale

"Mr. Anonymous" wrote in

Two Mothers...

Mother #1, three children
Mother #2, one child

How is child support most likely to be calculated and who is most likely
to get how much of what?

If you have 4 kids, that's going to be pretty expensive no matter which
state you live in.
I would budget for about 70% of your take home pay.

Hope you have a good paying job to keep yourself out of prison!
BTW, why not ask your lawyer how much the rate is?

Old December 5th 06, 04:43 AM posted to alt.child-support
Mr. Anonymous

You misunderstood the question...

How much would Wife #1 with 4 children get, and how much would Wife #2 with
1 child get?

ie, if I can expect 30% of my pay reduced... would wife #1 get 75% of it
and wife #2 get 25% of it?

The pay isn't much concern for me at the moment, what I am concentrating on
is making sure wife #2 gets as little as of it as possible.

t...

Old December 5th 06, 04:54 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dale

"Mr. Anonymous" wrote in

How much would Wife #1 with 4 children get, and how much would Wife #2
with 1 child get?

ie, if I can expect 30% of my pay reduced... would wife #1 get 75% of it
and wife #2 get 25% of it?

Lets put it this way, each mother will file a seperate case against you.

Each case can garnish up to 50% of your wages.

Why am I the only one posting on here recently?

Old December 5th 06, 05:09 AM posted to alt.child-support
Moon Shyne

"Mr. Anonymous" wrote in message
t.com...
You misunderstood the question...

How much would Wife #1 with 4 children get, and how much would Wife #2
with 1 child get?

ie, if I can expect 30% of my pay reduced... would wife #1 get 75% of it
and wife #2 get 25% of it?

The pay isn't much concern for me at the moment, what I am concentrating
on is making sure wife #2 gets as little as of it as possible.

You will be a serial CS payer. If wife #1 has the first CS order, and CS
for 4 children is 29%, she will get the 29%. Then wife #2 gets a CS order,
and if CS for 1 child is 17%, she will get 17% of the remaining 81% - so she
will get about 13.8% of your total gross income.

It all depends on who's CS order was in existance first.

Old December 5th 06, 05:33 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Mr. Anonymous" wrote
You misunderstood the question...

How much would Wife #1 with 4 children get, and how much would Wife #2
with 1 child get?

ie, if I can expect 30% of my pay reduced... would wife #1 get 75% of it
and wife #2 get 25% of it?

==
Depends on the controlling state and no one here can tell you the amount and
how it is
divided unless they know the guidelines for that particular state. You can
find the guidelines for
most, if not all states, online. Too, federal law limits the total amount of
deduction for child
support.

Old December 5th 06, 05:39 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Dale" wrote

"Mr. Anonymous" wrote in

How much would Wife #1 with 4 children get, and how much would Wife #2
with 1 child get?

ie, if I can expect 30% of my pay reduced... would wife #1 get 75% of it
and wife #2 get 25% of it?

Lets put it this way, each mother will file a seperate case against you.

Each case can garnish up to 50% of your wages.

==
That would mean 2 mothers would take 100% of his pay.
Don't think that's the way it works.

Old December 5th 06, 06:26 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Gini" wrote in message

"Mr. Anonymous" wrote
You misunderstood the question...

How much would Wife #1 with 4 children get, and how much would Wife #2
with 1 child get?

ie, if I can expect 30% of my pay reduced... would wife #1 get 75% of

it
and wife #2 get 25% of it?

==
Depends on the controlling state and no one here can tell you the amount

and
how it is
divided unless they know the guidelines for that particular state. You can
find the guidelines for
most, if not all states, online. Too, federal law limits the total amount

of
deduction for child
support.

I think you meant, Federal law limits the wage withholding for CS. There is
no limit on how much CS orders can take. The problem is if a father gets
more CS ordered than the statutory maximum for wage withholding he cannot
pay it off through wage withholding. He is expected to pay the maximum
through wage withholding PLUS whatever else is required to keep his CS
account(s) current.

Old December 5th 06, 06:30 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"Mr. Anonymous" wrote in message
t.com...
Two Mothers...

Mother #1, three children
Mother #2, one child

How is child support most likely to be calculated and who is most likely

get how much of what?

It's a crap shoot. That's like tossing a lamb into a lion's den and asking
how much will each lion get.
Only one thing is certain, they will get exactly 100% of it!

Old December 5th 06, 06:44 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

[...]

That being the case, he should pray that #2 files first to minimize the
damage.
[the math works out to 71%, not 81%]