drinking before knowing pregnant

Old November 3rd 06, 02:15 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default drinking before knowing pregnant

Hi
drinking while pregnant- I didn't think this would be an issue for me.
However my period was due and I did a preg test and it came out
negative so away I went on holidays. I went to a wedding in London
where we drank slowly but for most of the day and the next six nights
had a few wines and an occasional vodka or gin etc. My period still
hadn't arrived and have done a test now and am pregnant!! Although
happy I am a nervous wreck worrying about the potential harm I have
done. Obviously I won't have another drink now until the baby is born
but what have I done???!!!!!!!!!!

Please help me- is there anyone else in the same situation- looking for
reassurance- desperately.........researching the Internet obsessively
but it just seems to stress me even more.

KAZZA

Old November 3rd 06, 02:22 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
drinking while pregnant- I didn't think this would be an issue for me.
However my period was due and I did a preg test and it came out
negative so away I went on holidays. I went to a wedding in London
where we drank slowly but for most of the day and the next six nights
had a few wines and an occasional vodka or gin etc. My period still
hadn't arrived and have done a test now and am pregnant!! Although
happy I am a nervous wreck worrying about the potential harm I have
done. Obviously I won't have another drink now until the baby is born
but what have I done???!!!!!!!!!!

Please help me- is there anyone else in the same situation- looking for
reassurance- desperately.........researching the Internet obsessively
but it just seems to stress me even more.

KAZZA

I wouldn't worry.
If you were more like 4 or 6+ weeks along, there could be a chance of
damage, but so early, I really wouldn't worry much about it. If possible,
stay away from alcohol from now on, just for the obvious reasons, and take
care of yourself, and congrats!

Old November 3rd 06, 02:43 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

wrote:
Hi
drinking while pregnant- I didn't think this would be an issue for me.
However my period was due and I did a preg test and it came out
negative so away I went on holidays. I went to a wedding in London
where we drank slowly but for most of the day and the next six nights
had a few wines and an occasional vodka or gin etc. My period still
hadn't arrived and have done a test now and am pregnant!! Although
happy I am a nervous wreck worrying about the potential harm I have
done. Obviously I won't have another drink now until the baby is born
but what have I done???!!!!!!!!!!

Not very much. I wouldn't worry about it. Really. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
does not occur from some drinking before you even test postive. Really.

Congrats on the pregnancy!

Please help me- is there anyone else in the same situation- looking
for reassurance- desperately.........researching the Internet
obsessively but it just seems to stress me even more.

Yeah, I'd stop searching on it. Just eat healthy for the remainder of the
pg, and all will most likely be well.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! --
www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old November 3rd 06, 05:17 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

wrote:
Hi
drinking while pregnant- I didn't think this would be an issue for me.
However my period was due and I did a preg test and it came out
negative so away I went on holidays. I went to a wedding in London
where we drank slowly but for most of the day and the next six nights
had a few wines and an occasional vodka or gin etc. My period still
hadn't arrived and have done a test now and am pregnant!! Although
happy I am a nervous wreck worrying about the potential harm I have
done. Obviously I won't have another drink now until the baby is born
but what have I done???!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about it! First of all, there's nothing you can do about
it now, anyways. Most everyone here knows about Micah's first
experience with wine, but I'll tell you -- I had 2 negative pregnancy
tests, and so went on a wine tasting trip and then threw a big
margarita party for the grad students -- one for you, one for me. One
for you, one for me. Anyway, nine months after the negative
pregnancy out popped my son, and despite being marinated in pinot and
ritas sometime in the first weeks, he's turned out fine. You'll both
be fine, too. Just try to relax, and at least you had a good last bang
before abstinence!!

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old November 3rd 06, 06:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

[...]

I have a similar story - attending a Christmas party, drinking rather a
lot of wine and gin and tonics, and getting sick on the way home (I
never get sick from drinking!), then finding out a week later I was
pregnant. That baby is now a brilliant 17-year-old high school student.
:-)

Don't worry.

Old November 3rd 06, 11:07 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sarah Vaughan

Most everyone here knows about Micah's first
experience with wine, but I'll tell you -- I had 2 negative pregnancy
tests, and so went on a wine tasting trip and then threw a big
margarita party for the grad students -- one for you, one for me. One
for you, one for me. Anyway, nine months after the negative
pregnancy out popped my son, and despite being marinated in pinot and
ritas sometime in the first weeks, he's turned out fine.

I remember once at work, I got a positive pregnancy test result back on
one of my patients. She'd been trying for a few months then and I'd
known her for a while from seeing her for other things, so I was really
pleased to see the result and decided to phone her and tell her in
person, rather than leave it to the receptionists as I would normally
do. So I put the result aside in my inbox to remind me to ring her
later when I had a minute free.

Since I am an idiot, it never occurred to me that the last test result
in her notes was the negative pregnancy test from a few weeks
previously, and that she wasn't just going to sit at home waiting for
someone to ring - she was going to ring us herself ASAP. So she rang up
and asked, the receptionist looked in the notes, saw a negative result
right there on top, and accordingly told her it was negative.

I rang her after work with the news, and caught her half way through
drowning her sorrows in vodka.

The baby was absolutely fine, and, last time I saw him, was passing his
milestones early.

(This isn't particularly intended to prove anything, BTW. I just
thought it made a passingly good story, and your tale reminded me of it.
;-) )

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell