OT Chick Peas

Old March 22nd 04, 11:47 PM
Kereru

Default OT Chick Peas

Ground up obviously, what age would you introduce to a baby, no history of
allergies in the family? Google has let me down on this one :-) TIA

Judy

Old March 22nd 04, 11:51 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

Kereru wrote:
Ground up obviously, what age would you introduce to a baby, no history of
allergies in the family? Google has let me down on this one :-) TIA

Same as soy, which for me would be a year. If you'd be more or less
conservative with soy, I'd use do chickpeas at the same time. (And any
other legume / pulse).

Phoebe

Old March 23rd 04, 12:22 AM
Circe

Phoebe & Allyson wrote:
Kereru wrote:
Ground up obviously, what age would you introduce to a baby, no
history of allergies in the family? Google has let me down on this
one :-) TIA

Same as soy, which for me would be a year. If you'd be more or less
conservative with soy, I'd use do chickpeas at the same time. (And
any other legume / pulse).

Peas are a legume, though, and typically a first-food. So the rule doesn't
seem to apply to all legumes. And peanuts are a legume, but recommendations
are for delaying *them* until age three or so.

One of Vernon's favorite foods at about 8 months of age was hummus. I didn't
*decide* to feed it to him, though--he snagged it from me g!
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [2] mom)

Old March 23rd 04, 01:20 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Circe wrote:

Peas are a legume, though, and typically a first-food.

I don't know that they *should* be a first food, though - the allergic
sequence calls them a 12-month food, and they're on Dr. Sears' "most
allergenic" list.

And peanuts are a legume, but recommendations
are for delaying *them* until age three or so.

Peanuts are a freakish food, though, in that they act like things they
aren't.

One of Vernon's favorite foods at about 8 months of age was hummus. I didn't
*decide* to feed it to him, though--he snagged it from me g!

Yeah, I know that feeling. Caterpillar is a big fan of refried beans
and oranges, neither of which are on the list of approved foods for her.
(So maybe I would feed her chickpeas - but I wouldn't necessarily tell
someone else to feed their baby chickpeas based on that.)

Phoebe

Old March 23rd 04, 07:30 AM
zolw

This is what I found on the matter. Sorry it is not much..

http://www.allergicchild.com/soy_allergies.htm

Kereru wrote:

Ground up obviously, what age would you introduce to a baby, no history of
allergies in the family? Google has let me down on this one :-) TIA

Judy

Don't mess with the irritable pregnant chick ;) M Wayne Pregnancy 22 June 21st 04 12:57 AM
Celeb Birth: Dixie Chick GoofeeGyrl Pregnancy 3 May 4th 04 11:07 PM
Celeb pregnancy - A Dixie Chick Sophie Pregnancy 0 November 4th 03 02:00 PM
frozen peas for DD? Jean General 11 September 30th 03 02:47 AM
frozen peas, bananas for DD? Jean General (moderated) 12 September 27th 03 04:15 AM