A quick poll?

Old July 2nd 03, 06:42 AM
KEITH CRABILL

Default A quick poll?

lmao

Old July 2nd 03, 12:48 PM
turtledove

"KEITH CRABILL" wrote in message
lmao

Just a little suggestion Keith (welcome by the way), could you please post
of little of what you are responding to? I have no idea what the 'lmao'
comment is in reference to.

just a thought!

*bri

Old July 2nd 03, 07:12 PM
ŠkatŠ

I'm sorry about your mom.
But lots of support from parents doesn't always mean financially. I do get
a LOT of help from my parents, but of course they are not going to do my
parenting job for me. I'll admit they will help me out with money when the
disconnection notices come in, and they never hesitate to drop off a jug of
milk in the morning if I'm out of milk and cash, but a whole ****load of
their help and support comes from just being there. Babysitting when they
are able to and when I need it for a good reason, or once in a while for me
to get some time off and time for myself. My parents help out with the
little things that matter, which mean more to B than money does. The money
does help me at times, but the emotional support and love does a lot more
for us than the money does most of the time.

wrote in message
Group: alt.support.single-parents Date: Wed, Jul 2, 2003, 1:41am From:
(KEITH CRABILL)

what would we do without our parents

Survive... same as always. I hope you'll consider planning a future
that does not include relying on your parents for financial support.
Having recently lost my last parent, I'm thankful that I'm not having to
make last minute life changes because of her death. The emotional loss
is enough to handle.

'Kate

Old July 2nd 03, 11:50 PM
KEITH CRABILL

the quick poll

Old July 2nd 03, 11:50 PM
KEITH CRABILL

and some of the comments from others

Old July 3rd 03, 03:49 AM
CME

Default life without parents

wrote in message
. com...
In ,
KEITH CRABILL typed:
that is true i know my dad is in bad health and he has to go back to
duke in 2 weeks.ive been planning for life without parents for several
years now and to be honest with u the thoughts of not having my
parents around scare me to death.not for me in general.but cause my
boys have gotten so close to them.any suggestions on how to get my
boys ready for life without grandparents

Are your parents death imminent? What I mean by that is, have they been
diagnosed with a life-limiting (read terminal) illness that gives them 6
months or less to live? If not, I don't think 'preparing' the boys for

life
without grandparents is necessarily a wise thing. Kids learn about death
from small animals, or pets that die. Say they have a goldfish, someday
it's found belly up in the fish bowl/tank; perfect time to teach them that
all things die in their time...in whatever language they understand at the
time. Telling them now, when grandma and grandpa may still have a couple
years left, that their grandparents might die will only frighten them.
Especially considering time to kids is different than that of adults. We
think years FLY by, they want time to go faster, Christmas come soon,
Birthday, old enough to drive, vote, etc. Telling them about a future

event
that isn't going to happen for some time, may just confuse them. Start
examining your own beliefs. Do you believe in a higher power? Do you
believe in an after life? Reincarnation? Nothingness? Once you find a
creed you can follow and be comfortable with, the kids will also be able

draw strength from it. Or maybe not. Just my opinion.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

That's an excellent post, too bad I didn't read it about 1/2 hr ago. I
found out last week that my Grandfather has Cancer, turns out it's
Terminal. I JUST went to the hospital to visit him so when I came home I
broke the news to the boys. I'm not sure if anyone has heard of Barb Tarbox
down there, but she was a mother at my kids school and she recently died of
Lung Cancer, so the boys are familiar with Terminal Cancer, and I felt they
had a right to know... they seemed to be shocked at first, then asked if
they could play Nintendo. Go figure. I'll try and talk to them about it
before bed...

Christine

Old July 3rd 03, 04:06 AM
ŠkatŠ

PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Do not start me on her...
I'm going to jump on over to the next topic now.

"CME" wrote in message ...
I'm not sure if anyone has heard of Barb Tarbox
down there, but she was a mother at my kids school and she recently died

of
Lung Cancer, so the boys are familiar with Terminal Cancer, and I felt

they
had a right to know... they seemed to be shocked at first, then asked if
they could play Nintendo. Go figure. I'll try and talk to them about it
before bed...

Christine

Completely OT Poll: How long have you waited at a hair or tanning salon? Irene Pregnancy 15 February 18th 04 04:41 PM
Completely OT Poll: How long have you waited at a hair or tanning salon? Irene Breastfeeding 16 February 18th 04 04:41 PM
Plant Lice Infestation was Canadian parents support spanking as poll reveals Kane Spanking 1 February 5th 04 04:54 PM
Quick feeder Spanannie Breastfeeding 1 October 11th 03 11:51 PM
Ok, another name poll :) Kari Pregnancy 34 July 13th 03 10:31 PM