Pologirl

Old October 27th 06, 05:48 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Default Pologirl

how's things going? how is your little one, do you know when you will be
able to fly home? oh, and how is Monkey Boy doing with the potty training
and adapting to having a little sister?

Cheers

Anne

Old October 29th 06, 03:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Pologirl

Anne Rogers wrote:
how's things going? how is your little one, do you know when you will be
able to fly home? oh, and how is Monkey Boy doing with the potty training
and adapting to having a little sister?

We are home, at long last. Monkey Boy and I were away 2.5 months, and
DH was away 1.5 months. The house is dusty but otherwise okay.

Our little one, let's call her Hungry Girl, has been to see our family
pediatrician, and she and I both caught a cold. No one is sleeping
well, and I am not doing much except nursing, burping, changing diapers
and outfits, doing laundry, and spot-cleaning. Oh, and moving around
the baby furniture and sorting baby clothes, two tasks I had been
unable to deal with beforehand, given the uncertainty about whether I
would be bringing home a live baby. Hungry Girl is a champion nurser,
one of those babies who stimulates repeated strong letdowns and gets so
much milk flowing that she sometimes gags and splutters. Monkey Boy
routinely took 45 minutes to nurse, but Monkey Girl takes 5-10 minutes.
And she often needs to be burped, or rather *belched*. She is growing
rapidly, from 7lb (including perhaps 0.25lb for the tumor) at birth to
8lb 5oz at one month. And, just as in utero, she is very strong,
active, and alert. She clasps her hands, grips her blanket, sucks her
fists and fingers, stuffs my finger in her mouth and sucks it when she
is hungry and pushes my hand down when she wants a diaper change. She
holds up her head well and rolls from back to side and side to back.
Her eyes focus and track, even on objects across the room.

Monkey Boy is coping extremely well with adjusting to his new sister.
On the potty training front, he is having both very good and very bad
days. He now wears a diaper only at night, and most days has no
accidents. But there are other days when he needs 4 or more changes of
clothing. Some nights he stays dry and recently he has opted a few
times to get out of bed to pee rather than wet his diaper. Most of the
"accidents" seem to be regression behavior, as Monkey Boy explores
whether he wants to be a big boy or a baby. We praise the desired
behavior extravagantly and deal matter of factly with the rest.

DH has been entertaining Monkey Boy, pampering me, and fixing all our
meals. I am not looking forward to his going back to work tomorrow.

I am feeling well, all things considered. To ensure Hungry Girl was
born in top condition, I deliberately ate far more than I wanted
throughout the 3rd trimester, gaining in all 30lbs and as a result I am
20lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight and 10lbs over my weight at this
point after MB was born. The extra fat is already coming off, thanks
to nursing, but I feel and look flabbier then I have ever been before
and it is gross. But that will pass.

Old October 31st 06, 04:27 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Pologirl wrote:

[...]

It sounds like things are going well; I'm so happy for you all!!!

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old November 2nd 06, 02:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Joybelle

"Pologirl" wrote in message
ups.com...

We are home, at long last. Monkey Boy and I were away 2.5 months, and
DH was away 1.5 months. The house is dusty but otherwise okay.

I imagine it felt sooooooo good to come home!

Our little one, let's call her Hungry Girl, has been to see our family
pediatrician, and she and I both caught a cold. No one is sleeping
well, and I am not doing much except nursing, burping, changing diapers
and outfits, doing laundry, and spot-cleaning. Oh, and moving around
the baby furniture and sorting baby clothes, two tasks I had been
unable to deal with beforehand, given the uncertainty about whether I
would be bringing home a live baby.

It sounds like a rough return. We were all very sick with colds and
whatnot upon our return from the hospital, too. It's not very fun or
helpful is it?! I remember not having anything ready either because of not
being sure what was going to happen. I'm so happy to hear that Hungry Girl
is home, and o ther than the cold, is doing well.

Hungry Girl is a champion nurser,
one of those babies who stimulates repeated strong letdowns and gets so
much milk flowing that she sometimes gags and splutters. Monkey Boy
routinely took 45 minutes to nurse, but Monkey Girl takes 5-10 minutes.
And she often needs to be burped, or rather *belched*. She is growing
rapidly, from 7lb (including perhaps 0.25lb for the tumor) at birth to
8lb 5oz at one month. And, just as in utero, she is very strong,
active, and alert. She clasps her hands, grips her blanket, sucks her
fists and fingers, stuffs my finger in her mouth and sucks it when she
is hungry and pushes my hand down when she wants a diaper change. She
holds up her head well and rolls from back to side and side to back.
Her eyes focus and track, even on objects across the room.

Awesome!! She sounds incredible.

Monkey Boy is coping extremely well with adjusting to his new sister.
On the potty training front, he is having both very good and very bad
days. He now wears a diaper only at night, and most days has no
accidents. But there are other days when he needs 4 or more changes of
clothing. Some nights he stays dry and recently he has opted a few
times to get out of bed to pee rather than wet his diaper. Most of the
"accidents" seem to be regression behavior, as Monkey Boy explores
whether he wants to be a big boy or a baby. We praise the desired
behavior extravagantly and deal matter of factly with the rest.

Monkey Boy sounds like he's doing a fab job on the potty front. It's hard
work for a little guy, especially with such a big transition.

DH has been entertaining Monkey Boy, pampering me, and fixing all our
meals. I am not looking forward to his going back to work tomorrow.

I hope his going back to work is going well. He sounds like he is a great
dad and hubby.

I am feeling well, all things considered. To ensure Hungry Girl was
born in top condition, I deliberately ate far more than I wanted
throughout the 3rd trimester, gaining in all 30lbs and as a result I am
20lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight and 10lbs over my weight at this
point after MB was born. The extra fat is already coming off, thanks
to nursing, but I feel and look flabbier then I have ever been before
and it is gross. But that will pass.

I'm glad you're feeling well. You've had a lot to deal and cope with.

(((HUGS)))

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
Grant 9-05 www.caringbridge.org/visit/grantphilip

Pologirl [email protected] Pregnancy 20 October 10th 06 05:14 PM
(repost) FAO Pologirl Anne Rogers Pregnancy 0 September 14th 06 03:21 PM
FAO Pologirl Anne Rogers Pregnancy 0 September 14th 06 11:12 AM
FAO Pologirl Anne Rogers Pregnancy 0 June 10th 06 06:28 PM
Sacrococcygeal teratoma (SCT) Pologirl Pregnancy 13 May 29th 06 02:53 AM